I'm giggly over Scrapper

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by red4, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that makes no sense. Scrapper certainly had more of a presence, or at least as much of one, than/as Mixmaster.

Speaking of Bulkhead, we are apparently getting a Movie Bulkhead. Last question.

2. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

If Hasbro does make him it's a must have, I'd love to see a Voyager class figure of Overload also. Both Scrapper and Overloads robot forms are awesome. To bad nobody has seen what High Towers bot mode looks like.

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Dang, that sucks! He was the only constructicon that added to the plot! He was ripped up for Parts, WHICH REVIVED MEGATRON.

I really hope we get a Scrapper, even if it's late in 2010! If Bots that weren't even in the film like Stratosphere get toys, then I demand Scrapper!

4. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I wouldn't bet on seeing Scrapper as anything other than a Deluxe, if at all. I mean, Hasbro still seems to be kind of on the fence about Flareup, and she had decent screen time, as well as being part of a combiner team, albeit an unofficial one.

Overload and Hightower are probably right out. They'll probably end up in the Leader Blackout/Voyager Bonecrusher Memorial Hall of Unproduced Toys They Should Have Made Before All The Other Characters That Weren't Even In The Movie.

I mean honestly, I get that Hasbro is a business, but would it really kill them to give the fans a wank every now and then? Sure, we're annoying and we'll spend money regardless, but if you make cool toys, we'll buy more of them, we promise!

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Bah wah?....

Hmm...That's a bit odd. I honestly would have expected to see a Scrapper toy before a movie style Bulkhead.

6. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

Scrapper as Voyager would make more sense then as Deluxe. Just look at a picture of Devastator. He is bigger then the Rampage and Long Haul components.
    BTW The loose Long Haul was a bigger truck then the combiner one (which was the same size as Rampage). The FAB is probably closer to that scale wise.

Scrapper is one of the biggest constructicons.

The guy ripped apart underwater was not Scrapper but an unnamed constructicion with a Volvo excavator alternate mode.
    Besides that, Scrapper is one of the biggest constructicons, bigger then Rampage and Mixmaster (look at pictures of Devastator) so couldn't possible be referred to as 'ze little one'.

I wouldn't want to call Wikipedia a very reliable source as anyone can edit but it does list a Voyager Scrapper (2009) as well as a leader class Grindor (2010).
    I would certainly buy both of them. Scrapper is my favorite constructicon from the film.
    I already have premium Blackout so no need for Grindor, however a Leader class would really change this. And they could repaint him as Blackout.

I find it a bit strange that there are so many toys in the ROTF line which do not appear in the movie while there are several characters who are in the movie who don't have a toy (yet).

Scrapper
    Was seen in robot mode during the Egypt battle and his concept art was released so I think he deserves a figure.

Hightower
    Was not seen in robot mode though. Should be Voyager size considering his sieze. Although judging on his Legends robot mode he is wierder even then Demolisher.

Overload
    Not seen in robot mode and not based on a original constructicon. I do really like his robot design of the Legends class and would really like to see a larger version of him.

'Ze little one' (real name unknown)
    Transforms into a Volvo excavator. Had little screen time but had an important role (being used for parts for Megatron).

Unknown small bulldozer constructicon
    Only seen during the combination to Devastator where he attaches to Hightower to form the left hand. Scout class would be enough.

Regarding the constructicons it is possible that the loose constructicons (Scrapper, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Rampage and Ze little one) were the only living constructicons. The components that form Devastator were never seen in robot mode and don't speak or do anything to indicate they are seperate beings. It is possible that they are not seperate robots but that Devastator is just a big robot with an alternate mode which is split up into several vehicles.

Which would explain why the Supreme Devastator has no induvidual robot modes. Although the supreme is not incorrect anyway as the Overload vehicle and the bulldozer that forms the left hand are missing.

Alice
    Would probably be very difficult. Should be Legends class or a non-transforming figure like Frenzy to be sold along with another Decepticon (not sure which one).
    Another idea would be a Human Alliance of Sideways and Alice.
    We are getting a Human Alliance Barricade + Frenzy so why not Sideways and Alice?

Reedman
    Would be difficult I think. Still he is a Transformer from the movie so they should try somehow. Should be no bigger then Legends class. They could simply have released a non-Transforming figure of him along with Ravage (like they did with Frenzy and Barricade).

Protoform decepticons
    Some of them looked quite intimidating.

Some figures could have been done better:

Demolisher
    This guys size certainly makes him deserve a leader class. And he should have had the correct colors (grey/white with a bit of red).

Rampage
    Should have been red instead of yellow.

Soundwave and Ravage
    There is a deluxe Soundwave but he is to small compared to Ravage and Ravage is to big.
    I think Ravage should have been Scout class and Soundwave at least a Voyager.

Grindor/Blackout and Scorponok
    I think Blackout/Grindor should be Leader class. Maybe Scorponok as a scout (not really sure how big he is compared to for instance Bumblebee, perhaps Deluxe is a good size for him, he is only seen together with Jetfire who is very big).

Brawl
    Should then have been a Voyager as he is not as big as Blackout/Grindor but bigger then any car Transformer.

Bonecrusher
    Should have been Voyager.

Ironhide
    I think Deluxe would have been big enough for him.

Wheelie
    What idiot at Hasbro came with the idea to make Wheelie (a Transformers that transformes into a small radio control car) a Deluze size? Transformer toys have never been much into scale but this is rediculous. Isn't the whole movie about scale and stuff? A Legends size would have been more then enough for him.

The Doctor
    Scout is to big for him. Legends would be more then enough.

It doesn't have to be 100% scale but some of the sizes just don't make sense.

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed for that Voyager Scrapper and Leader Grindor but won't beleive it untill they are actually confirmed or there are pictures.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The toys don't have to be to scale, and since you said it yourself that Long Haul is larger than the Devastator leg Long Haul, why can't Scrapper be a smaller bulldozer than the one that forms Devastator's arm, and therefore be Deluxe size?

But regardless this is all moot considering Hasbro have not announced a Scrapper toy.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    There is a legends Wheelie coming out. The deluxe is just meant to be a bigger, more accurate representation that's a "on the side" figure. You know, the kind you would display on your desk and away from your main figures, or with your Real Gears.

And oh, Scrapper is an average sized Constructicon. Devastator just has a lot of mass size shifting going on. You can even see Scrapper's vehicle mode being normal sized in one shot, and then increased in size by over two times in the next shot...

9. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

There is no size shifting in the movie (well apart from the Allspark).
    This is why soundwave didn't become a radio, because they did not want the robots to change size.

The 2 Long Hauls are diffirent types of trucks.

The small one (Devastator leg) is a Catarpillar 773 (length 10.3m) and the big one (ocean and desert) is a Catarpillar 797 (length 14.5m).
    Similar looking trucks but the one is bigger then the other.

Rampage is a Catarpillar CAT D9L bulldozer with a length of 8.1 meter (not much smaller then the smaller Long Haul).

I think scale wise I think the Fast Action Battler Long Haul would come close to the combining Long Haul look-alike (asuming he has a robot mode).

I am not sure about the size of the loose Scrapper but unless I find other information I am assuming he is the same size as the large loader that forms Devastators right arm.

There is an 8th vehicle that becomes the left hand and attaches to Hightower. This could be the smaller loader.

Constructicon sizes:

http://tfg2.com/attachment/Mon_0907/53_71646_37f907a5a4f220a.jpg

As you can see the Long Haul robot is to big here compared to his vehicle mode. They used the truck mode of the combner (Catarpillar 773) and the robot mode of the loose robot (Catarpillar 797). Which are diffirent sized vehicles.

Judging by this chart (and assuming the loose Scrapper is as big as the combining vehicle) Scrapper is the 3rd largest construction. Smaller then Demolisher and the loose Long haul but Bigger then Rampage, Mixmaster, Overload and the smaller Long Haul lookalike. Hightower appears about similar in mass to Scrapper.
    So his toy should be Voyager size at least (since Mixmaster is a Voyager).

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you serious? They wank us so much I had to get an ice pack after Animated and Universe 2.0

11. AutobotSkids

Hmmm...The chances of getting that Scrapper toy isn't looking to good...

But I want one really bad! Scrapper was to me more important than Long Haul than Long Haul in the film, but I'd be sad if Long Haul got no toy.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They don't display it to us the way the '84 cartoon did, but you better believe they change size in the movie.

Mixmaster grows at least 4 times larger once he becomes the head for example. You don't see him grow. But the Devastator transformation cuts all over the place, so it is very easy for them to just pop the bigger model on there between camera cuts.

Just look at any Devastator art and compare the cement truck tires or any other Mixmaster parts up around the head/neck to the visible driver's cabin on Scavenger. Hillariously out of scale.

And it's not just Mixmaster. Starscream shrinks to about a third of his size to stand eye-to-eye with Prime in the forrest fight. I know a truck is big, but an F-22 is BIG. Jetfire must cut down to about a 1/5th of his size in all scenes.

The one scene immediately following the telleport to Egypt either has a 7-ft Wheelie or an extra-tiny Jetfire. Wheelie looks like a person when talking to him. He'd be damn near invisible at his correct size.

As for Prime combining with Jetfire: Just take a look at how big a Blackbird is.

13. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    And you thought the voyager didn't sell? The leader would sit on shelves longer than Megatron. Besides leader still wouldn't be big enough. Look at when prime jumps on his face, he would at least need to be supreme sized.

14. AutobotSkids

I actually can't find a Demolishor any where over here. I agree that he needs a leader class toy, what kid wouldn't want a 15" toy for their Optimus Prime to beat up?

15. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I had the wrong idea when I read the title of the thread. :lol 

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm glad they didn't do that dumbass design at Leader class. The voyager at least is roughly in scale with Legends prime. But it's still a POS.

The only silver lining is I didn't have to pay fifty bucks for it.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Hasbro sucks for not giving us a Scrapper (aside from the legends).

18. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    ugly. as. fuck.
    No surprise considering its a movie design.

19. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, swell isn't it, he's the second coolest Constructicon.

I think the reason I wouldn't mind a deluxe is because Scrapper's proportions, which are slimmer than the wide and bulky Long Haul and Mixmaster, and the transformation which involves his entire underside (wheels and loader) becoming his legs would result in a tall figure.

20. Lookout

Lookout Allied decepticon

there are rumors
    (just rumors, mind you)
    that they actually are making a voyager scrapper(supposedly)
    and a deluxe hightower ( supposedly, which makes no sense cause' he's the biggest.)
    but then again, I can't believe anything I hear anymore.