I'm getting my Wisdom Teeth out next Wednesday.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalarsco, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

So for months I've been bugged by headaches and nausea, and only just relaized yesterday that it's my wisdom teeth. So the appointment is now made. Look for Dalarsco's Crazy Painkiller Trip, coming soon to a Fuzzy World near you!

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I love it when you wake up all fucked up from the anesthesia. Be sure to try to walk immediately after the surgery. :) 

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

lol. I had mine out a couple of years ago. dont eat apple sauce. the little shavings can get caught. get real friendly with baby food.

remember dont suck. it can royaly mess up your stitches, what else. um.. be prepared for some pain. and yeah.. try walking after the surgery. funny stuff.

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Pros:
    You get to look and talk like the Godfather

The drugs.

No more headaches.

Cons:
    It hurts.

They can get infected, gotta keep them open so they can heal inside out

The stitches will drive you insane.

Your stitches come open while you are sleeping in a chair and your mouth fills with blood and coagulates around your braces (happened to me at least)

5. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

Here's my basic advice. If you have the money, maybe get a waterpick. I find that if you use them around the medium setting they are great for removing blood from your mouth. Really weak and they don't work. Really hard makes hurt badly and you may start bleeding.

Anyways, good luck with it all.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Neat!

I need to get mine out soon, they grew out a weird angle and started breaking apart, and have been for a couple years. Oddly, they don't hurt. I need to get them out before they do.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I loved picked my stickes out with my tounge. I remember walking to the car and waking up 5 hrs later(thats how long the drive is from the next city) and I was at home. Never had any pain and didnt even need any pills :( 

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I have no wisdom teeth. Never have, never will.

I love that fact. :D 

9. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

find out before if your allergic to any painkillers BEFORE, i had a bad reaction to codine. vomit + open holes in your mouth = worst thing ever

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

when i got mines removed, i got gas'd...woke up drooling and numb...get that little water surenge (sp?), use that to spray crap (ie. food) out of the hole.

11. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I got mine done, I was so messed up I asked for my teeth and they gave them to me. I still have them somewhere. I also don't a kid in the waiting room that he should never go to the dentist.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Advice from my personal experience. Rollercoasters are a bad idea as long as you're still on the pain meds afterwards. You may be much more prone to nausea while taking them. I didn't throw up, but man was I miserable.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

When I got my wisdom teeth out I played through Metal Gear Solid 2 afterwards on the meds. I remember it being a pretty good game playing it then...

14. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Word of advice. That little peice of paper they send you home with that has directions on it. Follow them TO THE LETTER. I had all four of my wisdom teeth out and I didn't. 2 Weeks after I thought I was on the mend and then dry socket set in. My God, I thought the surgery hurt. Nothing could have prepared me for that pain!

15. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I had 4 of mine pulled in the past year at the same time. Once the pain gets to you, only the medication will make you feel better. Lots of blood too every morning when I woke up. I also for some reason tried to rinse my mouth the day I got them pulled, and that was not a good idea. Just try to eat liquids, and eat a lot. I remember being hungry almost every night, because I didn't eat enough

16. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Man... I don't envy you... as I'm almost in the same boat. I've got all four in right now and one's trying to surface which is not pleasant. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet in the near future and have those f***ers pulled.

Hey jourdo, can you give me a deal? Man, where's that dentist when you NEED him. Haha.

...wait... rollercoaster after surgery... that sounds like a great idea!

17. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I had mine out in 2 sessions. Left two first, then 2 weeks later the right two. It was great because I could eat soft foods. Chicken and Dumplings could be your best friend.
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/chickendumpling/r/blbb701.htm
    Although if you get all four out, you may have to just eat the dumplings.

But like was mentioned, follow the directions on that paper to a tee. You may be one of the lucky ones who have a easy time with this, but you never know. Good luck,

Mike

18. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

I had my upper wisdom teeth removed over a year ago. Unfortunatly for me, all of my wisdom teeth are impacted, meaning that the root stucture had grown around my jaw bones, instead of into them. So, I had to mine cut around the gum line, and then cut in half in order to get them out. I had lots of pain killers pumped into my gums, so I didn't feel any pain, but that didn't stop me from white knuckling the armrests during the process.

To be honest, the worst thing about it (in my opinion)was the stench of burning tooth as my dentist cut through them.

As for the drugs...frankly, I hated using them. I really disliked the dizzy, lighted headed feeling I got when I really had to use them. In the end, I ended up thowinf over half of the bottle away.

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Good luck and hope you get some good painkillers.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

My wisdom teeth were impacted too, so they had to do the same thing cutting them out. They put me under first though, instead of just numbing it. I slept through the whole process.