I'm getting hooked on Super Robots

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    I'm starting to cross the line from Transformers and into the realm of super robots. I've always loved them but never collected them side from GGG. Now thats starting to change. I picked up my first Soul of Chogokin figure voltes V and I love him. He's very solid and comes with alot of accessories. So I'm wondering how are the other figures in the line. I'm interested in the getters and Mazingers. I'm also eyeing Max Factory Godanner and am looking for opinions on him.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa, be careful dude! As awesome as the super robots are, they can leave a big dent in your wallet!

If you're a fan of super robots, you picked the right line with the Soul of Chogokin line - IMO the best robot line out there for the following reasons:

i) Great sculpt - Bandai has done a great job in this area.

ii) Decent gimmicks - you have Voltes, you know what I mean! ;) 

iii) Articulation - they aren't blocky and most of them can strike cool poses

iv) Wide range of robots - from the Mazingers to the EVAs

Most of the other robots in this line are awesome especially Dancouger!

Cons:

Kills your wallet! :p 

To answer your question on MaxFactory Godanner, he's a great toy but some folks have complained about loose joints and paint chips.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You might want to check out Kaiyado's Revoltech line - smaller and cheaper than the SOCs, but every bit as cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They've also got EVA-00 and 01 coming out later this month, with EVA-02 and Overman King Gainer out next month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Mazinger in that series.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    where is kaiyodo's revoltech optimus prime?!!

:horse: 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not announced yet, officially. HLJ is only up to the July releases, I think he was coming in the wave after that or later still, even?

6. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    SOC's are the best line out right now. If you can get yourself a Dancouger. It's amazing!!

7. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    I was looking for a Dancouga til I read Josh's review on collection DX. He sounds way too unstable for the price

Yeah I've heard of paint chips but this is the first I've heard of loose joints. Thanks for the warning though I know how expensive these guys are. I'm hoping Bandai makes a SOC Mazinkaiser other wise I'm going to have to try and track down max factorys which is nearly impossible to find. How big are the other figures in the SOC line.

8. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know how any one could complain about the Dancouger. It is the coolest robot I own. I've never had any problem what so ever with it.
    If you can find a good deal on one I HIGHLY recommend purchasing it.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's the first time I heard that there's a problem with Danny...anyway, don't hold your breath with a Mazinkaiser...Bandai doesn't have the license to make him - if i remembered correctly...

10. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    Heres the review I also saw him on ebay where someone modded the head with strong magnets so it would'nt fall off. Most disturbing news about Mazinkaiser.

11. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Goddanner has ratchet joints, so he should have NO problems with loose joints. He has had chipping issues though.

I think that the SOC line is the best thing going right now. Here are some of my faves:

1: Dancouga: he got me into the line and is still my hands down favorite. In fact I think he is the best transforming robot ever. The guy at collection DX was harsh on him, and I have never been able to understand why.

2: Gaiking- I always thought he was cool, and Bandai nailed it on him. Almost perfect. The only complaint is that the sliding action on one of my legs is a tiny bit fickle.

3: Zambot: I was clueless who Zambot was, but the SOC version carved out a niche in my heart for him.

4: Battle Fever: He is Sentai, Diminutive in stature, but kicks all sorts of ass. He has an armory of die-cast weapons and is almost as poseable as a Marvel Legend.

5: Getter Robos: Not much more to say than that they are awesome versions of some classic Shoguns.

5: Combattra: He takes a lot of crap from SOC purists, but I love mine. Plus, from what I've seen he looks top notch with Voltes (same scale).

6: T28 and Black Ox: Both of these are beautiful, but they aren't quits as play worthy as some of the others. The light up features in them are cool as hell though.

7: Aquarion: He is newer in terms of design, but he is bar none the most intricate robot I own. He is floppy and requires a stand, but the engineering makes up for it.

Like a previous post said, WATCH OUT. These guys have put some serious hurt in my wallet, and there is no end in sight.

There is a new Mazinger coming at the end of the summer that is taller than the first version, so I'd wait for that to hit before overpaying for an OG. Basically from what I've experienced you cannot go wrong with any of Badai's Chogokins, and from what I have heard Max Factory has been putting out some greatness as well.

Still as DLatkow said I think Dancouga is #1. He is being rereleased later this year, so you may be able to get one for less than they've been closing at recently if patient.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I neeeeeeeeed a SOC Eva. I wouldn't mind a SOC Mazinger Z either...

13. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    I may just wait on the new Mazinger then about how big are the ones out now? Yeah those MF figures are great looking but really pricey. I wish they'd reissue them like bandai seems to be with the older Chogokins.

I has now idea he was being reissued. I may pick him up if the price is'nt too high. Thanks for the info and thoughts.