I'm DONE with MP Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Dec 17, 2011.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought MP Rodimus from TRU.com and pretty much right after I take it out of the package one of its arms breaks off (see my post in this thread.) Granted it was my fault for trying to turn it at a point where it can't, but I was able to exchange it with TRU.com for another one. Fast forward nearly 3 months later, I've had the replacement posed on my shelf the entire time and its left arm breaks off! I've been afraid to transform it and the arm falls off after not even being touched :mad 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To add to my discontent, my local TRU doesn't have any in stock for an exchange. Also, I mailed back my original receipt with the first broken Rodimus and the one that came with the replacement lists the price as $0.01 so I couldn't even get a full refund there. I've been trying to contact their customer service over the phone, which during Christmas time I'm assuming a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting through before 90 days is up. Ugh, just needed to vent.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Your lucky to even get a replacement if you broke the first one by excessive force. As for the second one if you've never transformed it and it broke just because you touched it then there is some serious QA issues with the TRU Rodimus and maybe even the MP 9 V2. I really don't know but it could be that you just got really bad luck and got 2 bad eggs. By that last pic did that red thing snap off completely and how exactly?

3. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

The toy looks good in one mode or the other, but it's crappy as a transforming toy.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

It's apparent there is a rather common problem with that joint on the Hasbro version. Not so much on either Takara version, i think.

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    My condolences. This is why I will probably never buy any MPs. All it takes is one wrong turn and it's done.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks good in car mode but QC wise is epic failure

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I agree completely on your first point, but excessive force on a poorly designed or counter-intuitive joint is subjective.

As to your last point, the red part was completely broken off. Rodimus was still standing, but the left arm was lying on the shelf a few inches from its feet. I took the red piece out of the arm to see if I could fix it, but then saw there was a spring in there. Even if I was able to superglue that piece back together, the force of the compressed spring would break it again.

The red piece above is a part of the circular shoulder piece in the pic below.
    [​IMG]

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The damage is quite serious,even if you are able to superglue that piece back together,superglue will make the plastic material more brittle,hence i feel in long run,it will be back to square one.

9. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you use plastic weld rather than superglue and cut some of the spring off so its not quite as tensed it might be salvageable. Probably wouldnt risk moving it much after, but you weren't before so wouldn't make a huge difference.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I do not see why everyone thinks that MP Rodimus is qc issues. Ok for the hasbro release including slugslingers is an example of qc. That first takara version however is a matter of engineering. The toy is very complex engineering and there were some problems with the initial release. Now some felt the engineering flaws more than others.

As for the op that just sucks man. I am glad that both my takara v1 and TRU MP Rodimus are fine granted my takara one required me to repair the issues that were widespread and that was annoying. This is such a great figure but has been so very tarnished due to qc and engineering flaws.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I was so excited for this toy before I found out how terrible it was.

12. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I have a broken ankle one.....maybe I sell mine to you or you sell your to me, so one of us can have a decent one?

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea... I can empathize with the frustration. Honestly in hand it looks like he'd break if you looked at him the wrong way.

I tried transforming him *once* following Peaugh's review... but after hearing him repeat "careful you might break this" for the umpteenth time... I put him back in robot mode quickly before I threw it against the wall.

He might look pretty accurate to his G1 rendition... but it's a fragile POS. He's in box with his shades down... I'll probably resell it once I get around to setting up a TF sales list.

14. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I never knew about this issue for Rodimus existed. I have the original takara release and I had no problems at all with it other than the back piece not tabbing in perfectly but that didn't bug me. All I can say in this case is bad luck man. I guess after 3 months you won't be able to get another replacement or can you ?

15. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Dude... NEVER EVER RETURN YOUR TF'S IF YOU BROKE EM! That's a surefire way of saying "I want to return a toy that won't be fully refunded or exchanged with a mint version of the same kind!". Especially an MP.

There's always a way to fix it.

16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I managed to get MP Roddy fairly cheap, and I've never had any issues with mine whatsover. I still don't like it as a toy however, something about the chest / torso joint and the vehicle mode just kill it for me.

17. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

For a second i had to check your location to make sure you werent my brother in law.
    He called me a few days ago and told me his was armless too.
    Said it was in his cabinet and noticed his arm was missing.He never transformed it either.Arm just popped off.

18. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

I've had no problems with either Takara release. My son did manage to brake off the leg on the Hasbro version.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never had that problem with my V1 or V2 Rodimus Primes:thumbs2: 

Sucks your hasbro Rodimus broke; hopefully, you'll be able to get a replacement from Hasbro or at least a refund from TRU. They should KNOW it didn't cost 1 penny

20. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    This is why I keep MP Transformers in one mode to avoid these problems.