Customs: I'm debating and need help!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by oddobot, Sep 26, 2006.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Hey all you kitbashers and customizers!

I'm debating on taking a very large undertaking as my first custom/kitbash.

Sentinel Prime!

Which current mold could I use? I'm a novice at this, so what paints are best? What tools come in handy?? Any help anyone can provide will come in handy, and i'll keep you guys who are interested updated on my progress.

Thanks!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    have your read the Exhaustive Kitbasher's Guide that is stickied to the top of the forum?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Is this going to be a scratch build or a kitbash that starts out with an already put together Transformer?

4. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

since its your first one i'd use an already complete transformer and then add sutile details to it that is how i did it

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    g1 overlord?

....nevermind.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, my advice to you is that if this is your first custom/kitbash, don't take on "a very large undertaking" for your first project. You gotta learn to crawl before you walk. :thumb  Start with some smaller projects and build your way up. If Sentinel Prime is to be your major 'bash, waste your mistakes on some smaller projects. Right now there are some really cool molds in the Cybertron basics and deluxes. I'd advise starting there. Classics will be hitting soon, and some of those would be ripe for repaints/customs (BB as CJ anyone?).

It sounds like you have a very clear goal (to make a Sentinel Prime), and that's good! If that's your primary goal, then work your way up to it. Starting out with some smaller projects will build your confidence and your skills (as well as give you some more cool TFs!).

I'm reaching my 2nd year in customs and my goals are more repaints, reshells, and scratchbuilding. Needless to say, I'm in phase 1 working very closely to phase 2 of that plan. From my link, you can also see that I have a clear cut plan, and those here who know me know me well enough that I intend to follow it out. Patience and persistence are key. Also, I've try to learn from everyone on this board and a few more. I feel that something good can be learned from everyone :) 

Keep us posted on your progress! Ok, back to studying . . .

7. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Awesome, thanks guys! I'll look into that guide and go from there. I'll also start with some smaller molds and work up, maybe rename some of them, kind of call them my own! I'll keep you guys updated!! Thanks again for all the help!!