I'm considering collecting GoBots.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Jingjing, May 18, 2010.

1. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Well kinda goes like this; I've acquired a couple of GoBots during the years from various G1 lots, like ten or so, and recently I bought a lot containing 20 GoBots. I mainly got it because the lot also included a green 12" Alpha Fighter from Robotech.. I mostly hate the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, but I freaking love Machine Robo and the toys aren't that bad, honestly many of them are awesome. So what do you think of GoBots? Anyone who collects them here?

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

If you like Gobots, you might also consider collecting feces in a jar.

I kid, I kid...

3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most Gobots/Machine Robo toys are every bit as good and in some cases better than G1 Transformers toys. I suggest going for a couple of the bigger ones like Defendor and Spay-C - Guardian - www.tfu.info .

Also check out Machine Robo Rescue. Some of the sets can be hard to find (which doesn't necessarily mean expensive) but they're worth tracking down. The Jet Robo and Stealth Robo sets are all kinds of cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

A lot of Gobots are awesome. I have said many times that the Hot Wheels/Matchbox sized Gobots were significantly better than their similarly-sized G1 Transformers counterparts.

Leader-1, Pathfinder, Blaster, Buggyman, Turbo, Rest-Q and Royal-T are some of my favorites.

I will admit that their names and the Gobots cartoons were pretty bad.

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

In second grade a coupl e of kids laughed when I brought in a Porsche Go-Bot for show and tell.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I like them, and have a collection of them from when I was a kid.

I don't actively collect them at the moment.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I've always liked GoBots and I actually enjoyed the HannaBarbara cartoon. While the stories were the usual 80's fluff I liked the characters generally and always enjoyed the fact that they had regular female characters in the cast of GoBots (Crasher, Pathfinder & Small Foot). I don't actively collect them, but those that I have I must say are better than their G1 counterparts of the same size.

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

gobots are awesome, mainly because Machine Robo is such a sick show, i think the best thing about it was when i realized that rock lords were actually something completely different in Japan. so now im on a quest to find all the rock lords that i can.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I remember someone telling me that Go-Bots were the toys that the poor kids got because they couldn't afford Transformers.I thought it was pretty funny.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I HAVE 4 AND 5 OF THAT FIRST COMBINDER, GOT THEM FOR 75 CENTS IN A BOX....my look a tad different....is that the japanese version and the american version just happens to look different? or my KO's...there must be american versions since my bro remembers them....now that i think about it.....the stickers are the same, i think i got 4 and 5...and one of the grey container pieces that form the foot of the robot

11. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I dont think they were officially released in America. Must be KOs. Though Jet Robot (I think thats the name?) is a direct upgrade of a older Machine Robo toy.

12. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Honestly, Slicks is better than the ROTF legends bumblebee (bumper :p ) I got with shadow striker, had to cut off his upper knees to make him ROLL. :mad 

I want more gobots (crystal lords too), the trick is finding ones at a reasonable price and impressive enough.

Which cykill's most poseable? any difference?

13. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    always pick up Go-Bots (and Rocklords!) if I see em at Boot Fairs, I really like the designs, they seem to have more of nostalgic quality where as a lot of the Transformers have held up over time, they even look good when there a bit knocked about a bit, it makes them look tougher, and they have really silly names too... which is quite fun.

14. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Who was that Gobot who turned into a VW Beetle and his robot mode head was essentially the midsection of the car? I had him, I kinda wish I still did as the design was so silly.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Bug Bite :p 

The names were goofy and Tonka had NO IDEA how to market anything....which between that and Hanna Barbera doing the lame cartoon are really the ONLY reasons Go Bots have such a bad rep... For the most part the toys were solid...especially for the price.

16. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Must be KO's as the Machine Robo Rescue toys were never released in the US. Got a pic? It would be fun to compare.

17. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i'll take a pic when i get home, but it is kind of weird my half-brother remembers it

18. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Yeah, Spay-C was in the lot. He's awesome, I never been to fond of Defendor though. But the Super Guardians are sweet, especially Psycho and Destroyer.

Those were cool! The first one is a remake of the fitor mold, right? I'm planning on tracking down Monsterous first, I guess.

Yeah, but they may have been bought abroad. So, it's a minor possibility those were bought in Japan and then taken back to the US.

19. guard convoy

News Credits:
    here you go guys:
    [​IMG]

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I'd say KO.