I'm bored - let's create a Fan Fic with Fan Characters!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kickback, May 25, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    So, looking through some *REALLY* old stuff, I found the first real FanFic I ever did back in ... 2001? I was part of an online RPG forum (somehow connected to TransFans.net) and I decided to write a FanFic of our RPG characters while we RP'd our little hearts out.

In time, the FanFic became more popular than the RPG, but the game died out and thus I was unable to finish the fic, or exactly whatever I was doing with it. But that being said, I loved having the creative freedom to turn characters in to whatever I wanted, giving them unique personalities, and their own little histories.

So.

I'm going to write a FanFic. I'm going to set it in whatever continuity we decide to set it in (G1 cartoon/G1 Marvel comic, BW/BM, RID, Arm/Ene/Cyb, Animated), and I will take your characters with the descriptions you give them and create a fanfic.

Unless no one wants to do this, in which case we'll just forget it. But it could create some fun in this forum again, which seems to always be lacking somewhat (writing allows the reader to create the Fan Art in their head ... I wish more people saw writing as that).

So who is on board? And what continuity should I set this in? I'm leaning against Beast Wars/Beast Machines, just because it is so flushed out enough as it is. G1 Marvel is tough, and I don't follow IDW's stuff enough to care to try to fit it in there. So my preferences would be G1 cartoon, RID, the Arm/Ene/Cyb universe, or even Animated.

Discuss! I'm leaning towards G1 cartoon/Animated myself :) 

2. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I vouche for G1 or Animated. Some people had better get on this boat, as it is an awesome idea.

What sort of plans do you have for the continuity?

3. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dig it. I also go for animated, but G1 is good as well.

edit: Me gots a character.

Domino
    Faction:Autobots
    Alt Mode:Cybertronian Stealth Car
    Catch Phrase:Stealth is deadlier than any weapon
    Personality: Domino was created for one thing: Total destruction. He was trained by the decepticons strongest Martial Artist to learn the ways of the ninja. But on one fateful day, his destiny was turned around. Now he is one of the greatest Martial Artists, for the Autobots. He was meant for killing, now he is meant for saving.

EDIT:Just saying, I changed his alt mode.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The movie continuity could be great, like the beginning of Megatron's obsession with the allspark.

5. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Brilliant idea. I'm in.

I'm for Animated.

Caine or Bloodhound ;) 

Faction :: Decepticons

Optional Sub-Faction :: Decepticon Secret Police

Type :: Triple Changer

Alt Modes ::
    #1 Cybertronian Assault Helicopter heavily resembling Russian Mil Mi-24 Hind, but of course bigger and quite armed, for air-to-air or (mainly) air recon missions.

#2 Cybertronian Quadrupedal Walker Tank with Fusion Cannon
    Resembling mechanical scorpion with dual machine guns in front to replace its 'pincers', four legs and cannon/sting for ground assaults. (pretty much like Scrapmetal mold from AEC)

Weapons on Robot Mode :: Dual Barreled Fusion Rifle & Rotor blades (like movie Blackout).

Short Biography ::

A Version :: Drop-dead Megatron's loyalist, Bloodhound's sole purpose is clearing paths for the advancement of the Decepticons cause, even if it would mean the sacrifice of his very own Spark and existence, Bloodhound will surely do it.

B Version :: "The Decepticon Secret Police", among those chosen fews within Decepticons' ranks, one of the most feared are Bloodhound. His rampant and insatiable appetite for destruction are without doubt. Tragically, he was once a promising Autobot Elite Guard recruit named Foxhowl, but during a fatal encounter with Decepticons forces, he was the most badly damaged bot, cease to surrender and cowering in fear like his fellow recruits, barely functioning at the end of battle, and to make things worse, he was abandoned by his friends, the ones that he sacrificed himself for. When he was taken by Decepticons to Kaon to be detained as Prisoners of War, Megatron himself saw a bright prospect within his Spark, and he decided not to remove his Spark. Instead, under Megatron's order, he was being repaired and treated nicely by the captives. And further agitated by Megatron about how careless and corrupted the Autobots are, given the fact that they abandoned him like cowards, yet, he himself keep struggling till the last drop of Energon against the advancing Cons, Bloodhound finally decided to pledge his allegiance to Megatron & the Decepticons. Within Decepticons ranks, he never cease to amaze his superior officers, thus finally earning him the righteous spot among the elite Decepticon Secret Police. Thus, further allowing his exact plans for revenge against the corrupted Autobots.

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Why not use the Transtech universe as a backdrop?

Here's my suggestion... we begin some time after the events of the club comics, to avoid any continuity problems.

Though it remained devoid of a conflict for aeons, Cybertron finally falls into a state of war, between the Axions (guardians of Axiom Nexus, gateway to other worlds, and agents of peace) and the Primacons (a faction convinced that Cybertron should not just be a hub of interstellar peace and travel, but the center of a cross-dimensional empire. Each faction is made up of Maximals, Autobots, Predacons, and Decepticons distributed along somewhat fractured lines (there may be 'cons in the Axion faction, and 'bots in the Primacon faction). The recruits from other realms however are critical to the war effort, and whoever controls the gateways controls the fate of the war, as the Transtechs lack experience with war.

I don't know who would lead the Axions, but it could very well be that the balance that tipped the scales into war was a very charismatic aberration from another reality, who recruited the Primacons in the name of rule and conquest over other worlds... in this universe, he has been known as Joe.

The advantage of Transtech though is that it lets people bring in characters from multiple universes, from G1 to Marvel UK to Beast Wars to Animated.

7. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    G1 or Beast Wars would be preferable.....I have no developed fan characters from anything else......though i am re-adapting one for animated.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Transtech Universe is a good idea. That way we can have all the fan characters together when needed.

My character is brief:

His name Chuckles. He is an evil Decepticon.

He is about 22 feet tall, medium build with a chin that talks to him and only him. He is not powerful, but can lift things. He turns into a ROFLcopter similar to BM Obsidian with a rounded cockpit resembling a happy face. His primary weapons are "LOL" warheads and laughing gas. He can also use his baldes as cutters, short swords and buzzsaws but often prefers hand-to-hand combat. He is very funny if not all that competant but much moreso than his peers. He only speaks when he either has something important or funny to say. (usually the two get mised together, so he doesn't talk a whole lot) he loves action, and is quite content with just chasing down Autobots in helicopter mode or beating them with his fists. He is a fast flyer, but a slow runner. Often forgets which form he's in if he get preoccupied. Earth comedy is his favourite, even if he doesn't always know what they're talking about. He can't jump very high and has poor agility, but is untouchable in Copter mode.

Also, if you need my help writing peices, I could chip in in that department.:) 

9. General Tekno

News Credits:
    That was my idea.

As for a fan character, I've got a couple that could work - they currently need detailed bios though, as I could probably come up with complex backstories easily.

Gaveltron - Decepticon Executor of Justice
    Altmode: Giant, floating judge's gavel with a thing to hammer on

"I never shall yield, till we come face to face."

Quickie bio: Committed to the notion of justice above all else, Gaveltron is the tool in the Decepticon arsenal used to best mete out punishment on traitors and deserters. Persistent - will go to the ends of the known universe to hunt down a criminal and try and execute him on the spot. Has a cruel streak in his application of justice, which is why he is a Decepticon in the first place - they let him carry out whatever punishment he deems fits the crime, no matter how heineous. Transforms into a giant floating gavel capable of interstellar flight. In robot mode, wields a long staff and heavily durable shield. Gaveltron's strength is also his weakness, however- he is known for pursuing his quarry for decades and even centuries with religious zeal in the name of justice.

Tyrannekarde - Decepticon Air Warrior
    Altmode: Transmetalized falcon

In another world, by another name, it is said that Tyrannekarde was once known as a great hero - kind, noble, brave, and in tune with nature. However, her mind and sanity were warped and shattered by the events which led to her arriving at Axiom Nexus. Horribly scarred both physically and psychologically, she retreated into the catacombs and shadows until the war on the surface awakened her from stasis. She emerged horribly changed - now with few vestiges of her former self, she was now devoted to completely demoralizing her opponents. Antisocial and cold, she stays away from the Decepticon population at large, despite her effectiveness in combat. Her battlehelm masks her original face- no Decepticon knows why she wears it, and none have gotten close enough to find out without getting slagged.

Though she attempts to maintain a cool demeanor, and is a master at aerial combat, Tyrannekarde is easily goaded into bouts of rage and madness which cause her to abandon all proper form and simply attack the enemy with reckless abandon. Her dual energon sai-talons allow her to deal maximum damage in close combat, and her twin jet boosters allow her to cruise at speeds of Mach 2 outside of combat and divebomb her opponents from the air with little warning. Tyrannekarde transforms into a transmetallized hawk - one of the few areas where the vestiges of her former self shine through in appearance. In robot mode, dual wields energon sai-talons and dons a thick anti-blaster fire cloak and battlehelm. Though heavily armored on her rear, posesses very little frontal armor, which is her largest weakness given her melee-oriented non-defensive combat style. Also posesses two weak shoulder cannons in altmode for downing opponents from the air - these can be equipped to fire independently of her consious thought (but with conventional AI targeting systems, of course).

10. ZarakZone

ZarakZone Wot's...Uh The Deal?

Animated all the way.
    My character

Name: Wavelength
    Affiliation: Decepticon
    Alt-mode: Bumblebee's Cybertronian form
    Colors
    Primary: Blue
    Secondary: Yellow
    Quick Personality: Impulsive and hot-headed, Wavelength is quick to battle the enemy; He loves a good fight, but he also likes to tease and taunt his enemy unlike the other Decepticons. He seems like he's only on the Decepticons side for the fight and not the cause.
    Weapons: Sonic stingers, Can fire sound loud enough to push the enemy back.

EDIT:Alt Mode Changed

11. DaraRex2.0

Name: Dynamic

Faction: Decepticon

Quote: "I won't ask. If I do, I'll get an answer."

Function: soldier (doesn't necessarily like to fight), scientist (isn't necessarily professional)

Alt: truck; specific: Avalanche

Bio: Often responding with a deadpan tone, much of what he says is not to be taken seriously. This irritates or confuses his colleagus. He has no license in the scientic field but his varied range of study is enough to make him somewhat useful. Typically he won't fight unless ordered to, or when surprised. If knocked into stasis his bezerker mode takes over and assaults enemis with a variety of taunts and if not weapons, snickering. It is not an actual threat but idea for suicide missions or filling in until Dynamic reclaims his bearings.

Weapons: A llittle disinterested in upgrades, he's equipped with standard plasma guns and two compact rocket ports primarily used for distraction. As a bezerker and close combat based he has trained to use his entire body as an advantage in battle, from his head down to his vehicle doors. When bezerker is given control, his face is inclosed by a helmet equipped with a gruesome grin and three separate spikes fixed to his forehead, and both audio intakes. His helmet becomes his focused weapon and will not remove until Dynamic is online once more.

Weakness: Dynamic's dry sarcasim is sometimes mistaken for sober suggestions, resulting in the impliment of these 'helpful strategies.' The bezerker helmet while his main font in battle, the teeth in the jaws are not meant to constrict foes and snap if too much force is applied. As Terra based he cannot fly and must rely on others or jetpacks to escape scenarios. He is also aquaphobic. <~~This is not one of his suggestions....

Odd Trait: He is fond of shiny objects

12. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An original universe would be nice, but if that's not an option than I think Animated would be best. G1 has been overused, Beast Wars is, like you've said, already too fleshed out, the A/E/C has lots of potential, and that would have to be my second choice, and the Movie continuity hasn't had much fiction yet, so it could work.

Are we only allowed one fan character? If so, I'll choose Noise Maker.

NAME: Noise Maker

Faction: None, usually the Decepticons are the ones who employ him, but its not uncommon for him to be recruited by the Autobots.

Alt Mode: Racing Motor Cycle:

Appearance: Similar to Animated Lockdown and Prowl. Think of a horrible love child of the two. In vehicle mode, he has a human sized drone that can ride him. He covers the drone with holo matter, and disguises him as a human. Lots of times, usually when Lockdown is speaking to a human, he'll use this drone as his avatar and mouthpiece. When he transforms, the drone folds up into his chest.

Bio: Rude, snarky, and generally a very bad mech. Sure, he'll save a building full of orphans or a kitten from a tree, but only if he's paid. He'll hunt down and kill anyone, too, for a price. Ultimately, he doesn't care what he does - just as long as he gets paid for it.

Weapons: Two twin swords - both rather large, and he's packed with small explosives. They don't do TOO much damage, but they're not harmless. And they make a rather large bang when they activate, hence his name: Noise Maker.

Abilities: Skilled at tracking and at Cybertronian marshal arts.

Weaknesses: He's trained for close up combat, so if he were to fight against some one with long rang guns Noise Maker would have the disadvantage - the other Mech could shoot him down before he even got close enough to attack

He loves to interact with humans, often transforming in front of them and scaring them. He loves to tell a funny story, or play a joke on someone. That's in his free time, though - when on duty, he's serious and single minded. As soon as he's done saving those kitties or killing that Autobot, he's gone back to his "kicks and giggles" personality.

And now a little RPG scene, that shows his fun loving side:

Sadly, the RPG died and that little scene there wasn't finished. And he didn't get a chance to do his serious and down to business side, either.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  13. General Tekno

News Credits:
    C'mon... where ye be, Kickback?

Don't drop this like that RiD fanfic of yours... which you really need to finish.

14. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I say go with animated and you can use my PopTop Character
    autobot
    altmode jet. he is in the kitbash area. has ability to control decepticons aggressive tendancy to make them peacefull for a short time.

15. DaraRex2.0

^^^ Finally, an Autobot!!!

Btw, did anyone notice Chuckle's chin has eyes? OVO

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting idea. You can use my fan character, whom I'm currently writing a story about (currently on the back story). Here's a link to that if you're curious. G1 would probably be best, imo. He could fit into Animated with some changes to parts of his backstory, though. Here's some basic info on him and the bio I wrote up.

Name- Raven-XL7
    Nickname- Baron
    Affiliation- Autobot
    Sub-Group- Special Forces- Arial Devision
    Function- Spy/Arial Support/Medic
    Hobby- Science, Inventing, and Art
    Partner- Database
    Motto- "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt."
    Alternate Mode- Stealth Fighter/Bomber

Raven-XL7 Bio:
    One of the few Autobots to be released from the Cybertron Static Spark Ward, Raven-XL7 has been an outcast his whole life. Once the leader of a top-secret special-ops team, he was built with some of the most advanced weaponry and stealth technology known to cybertronian scientists. He's now one of the few Autobots still living in the ruins of old Cybertron, where he has few friends. Due to complications after what is widely known as an "accident", Raven-XL7 has many mental issues. The major one commonly known to humans as "Avoident Personality disorder", is the reason for his isolated habits, and his coldness to fellow Autobots. Because of his very anti-social tendencies, Raven-XL7 has been misunderstood by many of his Autobot comrades, and has been shunned by many of those he would have worked with in the past. There have been a couple Autobots who have been able to befriend him, but even then, they don't know him as well as they think they do. After the multiple years he spent in the special case's wing, and then many years after that in his isolation, he has kept the badges he wore as an Autobot warrior, and the prototype stamps that he gained when he was first built. Raven-XL7 would be a valuable ally to the Autobot Army if others would take him seriously, and would take the time to gain his trust, for he is one of few Cybertronians that could provide valuable info on certain powerful Decepticons, even if he doesn't realize it himself.

17. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

i like the i dea of the transtech universe, a free for all is good.

Movie "doom-lock" autobot

robot mode "T Rex" very scorpinok like in astetics.

Alt mode "tank"

A malestrom of violance and destruction,or at least thats what he wants you to think,in reality he is a kind gentile being that if had the choice would never harm any living thing.
    He seems to just charge into battle randomly and with no regard for anything in he's way,agian this is a deception he is actualy a brillient stratigist and plans all his moves very carefully.
    He wishes for a end of the war, but can never show it,he can never let any one know who he truly is,for as long as the decepticons are around the autobots need a beast of war.

18. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm still here, sorry guys, had a long week with some unexpected drama in my life. It's now over, and I'm going to be much more bored with more free-time to actually sit down and plot this out!

I'll post more in a bit, got to do some laundry!

19. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    So it looks like everyone is torn between TransTech and Animated.

Would the TransTech Universe be similar to the one in the FP comic, where it's the "nexus" Universe that allows travel to all Universes? Or would it be a new Universe of the continuation of Beast Machines, as originally intended?

Animated ... self-explanitory, though I think it would be set to be current with Animated on TV (ie: AllSpark in pieces, etc.)

Post your thoughts! Consensus from everyone will determine the Universe!

20. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

this is the only character i have so far, not sure if he'll fit in but here it is

Name: Deepfreeze

Aliance:autobot

Alt mode: penguin

partner:Whirlpool(also a penguin)

Function:recon/aquatic combat

Motto:If the freezing temperatures dont destroy you, i will

Crashed on Earth years ago near the south pole. The crash left his memory fuzzy and now lives mostly among the penguins and in honor of them chose that as his alterative mode despite stereotypical views on organic transformers. In penguin form he stands the same height as his minicon partner WHIRLPOOL but in robot mode towers over several others, due to mass shifting. Because of the environment his body is usuall covered in layers of ice giving a small boost in armor. His main weapon is the glacier cannon when Whirlpool attaches to his feet and fires a beam of ice freezing all in its path. His ferocity in battle is really himtrying to protect his penguin friends, who cant protect hemselves, and whirlpool, who sees him as a father figure.