I'm at rock bottom, have you been there too??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregles, Sep 18, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

My parents live nearly 20 miles away and my brother is in London and I miss him loads, my best and only real friend is having a tumor removed from her ovaries and she has a very rare blood type and if anything goes wrong the hospital have said they have a limited amount of blood for a transfusion. I have recently split up with my girlfriend and I am a mess. I have a retail job which I do like I just need some help right now. Has anyone else been at complete rock bottom?? I love you all

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Call your parents on the phone. Talk to them. At a time like this, the people who care about you will help you get through it, even if they're not with you in person.

You feel powerless, and lonely, and that's fine. So do what you can. Go donate blood tomorrow, even if it's not the right type, it'll help someone other than your friend. Try to help a customer having a rough time at work next shift, or even just shoot them a smile and a compliment.

Look at it this way, you've got a job and parents and a brother and a good friend, even if things don't look the brightest. But they WILL get better, and you just have to hold on until then.

(Also, to anyone in the UK with a rare blood type, or even just the good old universal donor, please go give blood tomorrow. It could mean a lot to someone)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes we've all been at Rock Bottom (hell I have ovarian cancer right now) its how you deal with that rock bottom that makes you the person you are
    With what I am dealing with I wish my parents were only 20 miles away, thats' NOT far, my mother is dead and my father and siblings are 6 hours away.
    try looking at the glass being half full look at what you do have (the fact that your parents are alive and only 20 miles away is a positive)

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Definitely have been at rock bottom, actually clawing my way back from it. Recently divorced, lost my job, my home, almost lost my car through repo (got it taken care of), found out an uncle I only met ONCE has fast moving cancer and I can't see him because he lives in California. The camera I shoot concerts with finally went belly up, my phone got turned off (got that fixed), still need to pay for a speeding ticket, tags for my car, the list goes on and on and on. Have faith, things do turn around, I know they are slowly doing so for me. Just got me a job and going to start selling a HUGE chunk of my collection on Ebay to help in getting me my own place. Baby steps.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

thanks everyone. I feel apologetic and a little embarrassed for making this thread for some reason, I'm not sure why. I went for a drink with my friend last night as a night as a little bit of escapism before her operation and we ended up drinking way too much and got really low, I am definitely going to consider giving blood as soon as possible. I wont be drinking within a close proximity of the internet in the future. I hope you all are in or heading to great places. Thanks again for the kind and positive words

6. edf

edf Well-Known Member

its alwasy the darkest before dawn.

Yes, I had some problems a while back. Went on unemployment- only to find out i only had 3 weeks of it left ( job would lay us off every year- but was out a long time th e previous year) So, i had to scramble for a job in a horrible economy. Found one as a part time cashier at a supermarket- making litterally half what I did at the previous job.

Finally found a better job at Wawa ( gas store) I am a shift manager for 3rd shift, and got back on my feet.

Which was good, seeing how my b/f had to quit his f/t job to go back to school. Now, we ar eliving paycheck to paycheck- one disaster away from paying monthy bills or rent.

My dad helps us out, but you know how humiliating it is to be a 32 year old and still have to asks your father for money? it wasnt even me who asked- my b/f did behind my back. I was willing to go back to a can of 88 cent soup per day to try not to have to ask. Yeah- back at th e supermarket spiel- i barely ate, and my weight was extremely below where it should have been. we had just enough to pay bills, and it was bad enough i was such a burden on people.

Just hang in there. I know how it feels, but do your best, keep your head up, and you will come out better in the future. I am sorry you are going through tough times. You may feel as tho you are alone, but you truely aren't. You have your family, and you always have your pals.

My bes wishes for your pal in the hospital. I hope the surgery goes well, and she has a speedy recovery. Just be strong for her!

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You're not rock bottom if you have the capacity to post on the internet.

Count your blessings, your parents only live 20 miles away. My wifes parents are in Greece, mine are in Hong Kong. Call them up, chat with them, get them to pop around for dinner.

Your friend has Ovarian Cancer, that sucks but it could be worse, they might not have caught it and become treatable (as what happened to my aunt).

So chin up, take each day one at a time and weather the storm. This will sound like a meaningless platitude but as you grow older this is what life is about, and it is what you make of it.

Edit
    untreatable is what I was meant to say. Doh!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    This. I've seen rock bottom. You're not there yet.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am currently going through a divorce right now and I haven't seen my son in over 6 months since my wife is raising him in another country. I am just letting you know that many of us aren't having an easy life either. I recently donated blood for the first time even though I am a bit scared of blood. Just start doing some good and you will feel better for yourself.

10. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I'm coming out of a similar situation. My girlfriend of 9 years recently split with me after we started long distance together just over a month and a half ago. It was a huge shock to me, and I initially felt very devastated.

The first two weeks were very hard. I questioned myself and sleep was very hard to come by. Since then, I've refocused my energies on self improvement. Exercise, my career, and my hobbies. Set goals for yourself; goals that are achievable.

Our relationship ended in such an odd way that the door is essentially left wide open, and I'm confident that in time we will reconcile. But I just cannot spend any of my time and energy on something that won't change. Talk to friends and family. Use message boards like this to help you vent. I've even started a journal, which lets me get my thoughts down on paper.

11. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I could write a book about all the times I've hit rock bottom. Alcoholism and opiate addiction (twice) would be a good starting place, my mother getting cancer, having to never see 2 kids I raised which was like my heart being ripped out, my dad not really speaking to me and blaming me for everything that's gone wrong in his life, one of my mates dying at 21, breaking my back, not being able to afford food....you name it.

The good times don't define us, it's the bad times and how we deal with them that do.

12. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    ^ Ye, I'd say that's rock bottom, damn.....

What doesn't kills us can only make us stronger, right?

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely, been there and numerous times and its a very sad time within someone's life.

So sad, it leaves you empty inside.

I just take a walk and think things threw its the best remedy one can offer.

Within this low point in life, you don't make any hasty decisions because of grief, sadness, or guilt.

Its time to call the parents or go and see them, they are only 20 miles away.

As for your friend be there and spend as much time as time permits, she needs someone to talk to, too.

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually the OP's friend has a tumor on her ovary, I had tons of those before I was ever diagnosed with ovarian cancer
    but OP don't feel bad for posting tons of people here have helped me going through what I've gone thorugh its what we are here for

15. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Stronger, or stranger....one of the two ;)