I'm an official RROD club member, now I have questions:

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Feb 23, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    1. How long does it take for Microsoft to fix it?

2. How much will it cost since Ive had it more than a year?

3. Will I lose my achievements and gamertag or do they recover those when they fix it?

Glad to be part of something :dunce 

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

3 year warranty for RROD.

Your stats are on their servers, not so much the system. You'll probably have to recover them if they give you a new console.

This is what you get for not opening CoD 4 for 3 months.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    About 3 weeks or so, in my experience.
    Nothing. RROD issues are under an extended 3 year warranty. They even pay for the shipping.
    Achievements and such are attached to your Gamertag, which you can recover.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You can't like...keep your HDD, which would have your gamertag, game saves and what not?

I mean, that's kinda..lame. Espescially if you don't have LIVE.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The ONLY thing you send back is the console. Not HDD, cables, or anything else unless they specifically tell you to. When I got my 360 replaced last year I just plugged all my stuff into the new one and carried on as usual.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Thats the first thing I thought too. I was like great, after only playing COD 4 for one friday afternoon.

Well since posting this, weve called and the good thing is that the service station is about 3 hours away so I should get fixed within a week. And yes the warranty covered it, and we hold on to the HDD so you guys are right; I shouldnt lose my info.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ah, that's a relief.

I like to hope my 360 won't suffer the RRoD, but odds are it is bound to happen some day.

Just glad to know I can hold on to that HDD and keep my info.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I'm hoping the one I got my kids will not have any issues as it's Falcon based. But you never know.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm about to be on my third 360; the one I got as a replacement for my original one back in November last year crapped out last night with a video error (I looked the code up on the net). It should be picked up on Monday; they're also sending me a free wireless controller as an apology for another 360 going wrong. It's annoying as hell, but as long as MS stay on the ball, I can live with it I guess.

10. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Damn I got my 3rd one earlier in January and MS didn't send me anything. They gave me a month's worth of Live to make up for the inconvenience. When it takes the better part of the month all that month of Live does is make up for the Live games I wasn't able to play. It does nothing for the fact that I couldn't play my 360 for 3 and a half weeks.

And my 360 also got very sad in its blog entries.:( 

11. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Its annoying but IMHO the RROD issue is nothing compared to Sony's customer service. The only reason I even fixed my PS3 is because right after it broke HDDVD went belly up.

12. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

I also recently got the RRoD and had my 360 fixed by Microsoft but I have a question I wonder if anyone knows the answer to. When they sent my unit back my warranty status on the web site says 'repair: 6 months'. Now I'm just wondering if it breaks again after those 6 months, will I have to foot the bill to have it fixed even if it still falls within the original 3 years extended warranty?

13. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to check that out because I may have to send my 3rd one back in. The first day I got it back and started playing it I noticed that every now and then the video feed screws up and the screen goes blank for a split second.

14. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember when I got the RRoD. Then a few months later MS extended the warranty, so I called and they said they were going to ship me a box. 3 weeks later I called again and apparently they forgot to ship the box, so I had to wait another week to get it. Finally sent in the 360, and got the replacement 2 weeks later.

For not being able to use my 360 for 6 months, they sent me a 1 month xbox live card(I don't even bother playing on xbox live anyway). MS' service sucks.

15. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine is out with a RROD right now also. I got lucky and was loaned my bro-in-laws system because he rarely plays it.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Sounds like about a month of that was on Microsoft. The rest was you waiting too long.

17. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Yeah, they gave me one too when I had to send mine in. The free month of Live is pretty much useless to those of us that don't play online. Took me months to finally use mine. I bought another one a few months later incase I do find a game to play online, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.