I'm a little late to the party, but... Here's my thoughts on ROTF Sideswipe.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SeventyOne, Jun 21, 2009.

1. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Ixlair The Fool

Okay, so I finally got around to picking up a ROTF toy. They had LOADS, plenty of waves 1-3. Anyway, I couldn't find a dark brown Breakaway like I wanted, so I just got Sideswipe.

First note: HE'S REALLY SMALL. I thought he would be taller, but he's really tiny for a deluxe. Not that it's a bad thing, I personally like the size. I was just surprised when I transformed him and he was so tiny.

Sideswipe has a lot of character. He stands proud, and looks really nice. He's one of the best ROTF toys I've seen.

His transformation was difficult. I haven't played around with a new one in a while, so how stiff everything was threw me off. Pieces move in ways you wouldn't expect them to. But all in all, he comes out as a really stable robot.

My one nitpick: The blades. Not only do they not look like blades, they're flimsy as hell on the gears. I feel like I'm going to break something constantly. We should have gotten pop out blades from the parts already there as the mech alive gimmick, not the "super sliding knee-joint acton!" that we got.

Overall, I'm glad I got him. I saw The Fallen, so I'm going to pick him up next, and a brown Breakaway if I can. I'm happy with this toyline, it is so much better than the first movie line. And the stores around here got so much of it, there is enough for everyone.

Also, Hasbro: I appreciate the paintjob on Sideswipe's car mode, but next time, put equal amounts of paint on both modes, please. I'm looking forward to Swerve so do that one right. :p 

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If your blades are loose you may consider a return. Of the 20 pages in the feedback forum there have been no complaints about the blades.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Cool. I love this guy! If you think he's tiny, you should check out Skids and Mudflap.

4. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Oh NOES! Where's the feedback police??