ILM renders anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bayless, May 28, 2011.

1. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

About how far away from ROTF did those final renders pop up?

Will we even see any? TF1 had shloads where ROTF really only had a few.

Who would like to see a book when the trilogy is over containing every scrap of concept art and final renders of EVERY character?

2. djbee

djbee Active Member

What

3. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

His question is pretty clear. He's asking if we'll get clear renders of the CGI models used in the Transformers movies.

I personally would love to see more myself. I'm a 3D environment artist, and I love seeing that kind of stuff. I always feel you never really get given much to look at, even in Making-Of documentaries, since most of those are aimed at general viewers and so never get very technical. You often have to go to the artist's personal website or to 3D community websites. Often the artists themselves post their work there. Though I digress.

I know Megatron has popped up recently, looking pretty nifty with his chains and his...chains. And there's the stuff used in promotional shots of Prime, Shockwave and Bee, but I can't think of any of the secondary characters.

4. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    He means like these:
    [​IMG]

ILM released renders for the previous two movies of character like Optimus, Sideswipe, The Fallen, etc. and he's wondering if anybody knows about how long before those movies came out did they get shown? And if anyone knows if we should be expecting them anytime soon.

5. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    actually while looking now through my collection of TF movies renders I have to say that the only TRUE ILM renders ever released were the three renders of Bee, Megs and Prime from TF1. and of course the beautiful shots of Sentinel for DOTM. Everything else are lower detail promo stuff

6. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

Well. Yea I guess now that I think back I guess they didn't release much for each film.

I'm with you tho Faded-Myth. I love to just sit and stare at the details, grasp the overall build, and you never really get that in the Making Of shit. What are some of these sites you speak of where folks post their CG work? I spent many hours stalking Procter and Nizzi's portfolio sites lol

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    '

:lol  me too.

I would love it if Alex Jaeger actually had a section for his transformers stuff. Josh Nizzi's site had a good share of ROTF work, and I would love to see more of ROTF.

Now, I'm not sure why Procter never updated his site for ROTF renders, that's open to debate.
    Now with DOTM soon for release, I would imagine we'll see some art soon. I'd love to see Crankcase and Soundwaves, hopefully after the movie.

It's only a matter of time before we can find out if the concept artists will be sharing stuff from their sites.
    Actually, Paul Ozzimo has yet to update TF1 concpets. I'm still waiting on those since it reads "coming-soon"

8. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    joshnizzi.com

"TF3 update next month" maybe we get somthing?

His site was updated on 5-23-11

sorry if this is old.

9. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    ROTF had tons. I still have a album on my Facebook of them all.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :dj  THanks bud..

11. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

Renders w/ their MechTech weapons would be amazing.