ILM Animator Shawn Kelly talks ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Seth Buzzard, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I think it would take you less time to listen to it then have some one transcribe it all for you and then read it. It's like what? 45 minuets, you can listen while doing other things.

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    What Michael Bay did to make his co-workers almost cry: he showed them the script. <rimshot> ;) 

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Heh.Somebody I know who worked at ILM said that he and his friends there hated Bay. Said he was a total asshole and was beyond full of himself. In addition to that, some of them really hated the designs that the bots had taken. Stay classy Mr Bay.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Plus No Name is also on Creepy KOFY Movie Time on tv.

Thanks for the link Seth Buzzard :thumb 

5. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I forgot about the KOFY show. I take it you do or did live in the Bay Area?

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

That is truly hit and miss. Its proven statiscally when stress is applied people make more mistakes there is some rediculously small percent of people who actually get better in those situations. Its just a train of thought differance.

If you had one artist (call them A) capable of producing way better material B artist but the B artist can work under being assaulted verbally and A can't you miss out . Where as you do this differantly and critique it with out being a dick you might get A's full potential. Possibly in that scenario will get lazy and take the day off cause no one is threating his job. lol

back on topic I am going to have to hear the part about devastators balls. I can only imagine what the ILM people were saying when that came up. lol Maybe something along the lines of " he nearly makes one animator cry because its about being professional and looking just right then we have to put BALLS on a robot!!!" truly wtf@tfw

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Somebody I know who worked at ILM said there was a former employee that quit and had no friends. Said that he was a douche and really full of himself. In addition to that, this guy quit and spends all his time making up crap on the internet. Stay class Mr He Tell Me.

8. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

cool thanks for the info. i used to listen to their show when i was living in the south bay. thats cool that no name is at live 105. im glad he replaced those foos who did the woody show.

9. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bgrngod, knock it off. Hell of all of you curing Bay can knock it off, I don't want this thread turing into the same old Movie Forum crap.
    Oh god, The Woody Show was horrible. I would have been glad for anyone to take over that show.

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Cool story bro.

11. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

Ok, is one of the reviewers Jason Lee? LOL, because he sounds exactly like him!