Illustrated tour of Fall of Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shadowsfm, Oct 14, 2011.

1. wyze2099

wyze2099 Well-Known Member

I am in awe of the images and the info. It honestly seems like High Moon took a long and hard look at what kind of world Cybertron would have to be in order to set up a lot of the events of the G1 cartoon the way it did, while still following up the previous game and giving us fans looks at Cybertron that we've never seen before.

The idea of Teletraan as a computer network makes a lot of sense; Teletraan-1 ends up being an extension of that on the Ark.

A swarm of Insecticons? Freakin sweet' and it should give the player characters plenty of minions to fight.

Are there inconsistencies? Yes -- the explanation behind the Dinobots is a large one, yet I don't even mind, because it's in keeping with the fact that Grimlock and Swoop existed in WfC (sure, in the DS version, but it's not a huge stretch to imagine that the existence of the characters was canon for the XBox 360/PS3/PC version as well) with vastly-different alt modes. For FoC, Shockwave just abducted them and changed their alt modes to dinosaur shapes. As far as explanations go, it beats the G1 cartoon's "hey, we found some dinosaur fossils in the volcano! Wanna make some dinosaur robots in tribute? I mean, what could go wrong?"

I'm not even bothering to speculate on who the giants in the Sea of Rust are. They perished looooong before G1 (as did most of the population of the planet), so their names are probably not going to ring a bell. I'm cool with that; it means Cybertron was a heavily-populated planet with a long history, and we've only been able to meet a relative few of the inhabitants.