Illinois Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Static Prime, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn. I don’t see an easy way to flatten that. Maybe a vice grip

2. Zodakv75

Zodakv75 Well-Known Member

If anyone spots a studio series number 5 voyager class Optimus prime please let me know im looking for one. Thank you guys.

3. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

Not sure where you are, but there were SS Voyager Optimus Primes at the Target in Bloomingdale.

4. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Crestwood Target had a Studio Series Ironhide

5. Cracka J

Cracka J TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    where them siege figs at

havent been this interested in a mainline probably since 2010-11 generations

6. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Has anyone seen POTP Optimus Prime at retail recently in the W or NW burbs, preferably Target? Or anyone selling one? Thx.

7. MarvelBoy23

MarvelBoy23 Homo-Bot

I saw him (POTP Optimus) at the Target on Mannheim in Hillside last week!

8. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

He was still there yesterday.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hes out at lake zurich target too fwiw

10. josh5837

josh5837 BC

Has anyone seen the target masters yet?

11. MarvelBoy23

MarvelBoy23 Homo-Bot

I went looking yesterday, cuz apparently they are all out hitting in CA, but WalMart in Skokie was a bust, as was Target in Evanston!

12. Seibertron

Seibertron Owner of Seibertron.com

"Whiten" might have been the wrong term. The hydrogen peroxide method is the only way I'm familiar with whitening yellowed plastic, it's a well documented process on the Internet and there's a topic for it on my site's forums.

In the case of boiling water and vintage Transformers, "fade" would be a better choice of words. For example, I tried this on a vintage G1 Warpath. The color of the plastic faded to a pinkish color upon putting it in boiling water. I've only seen this on the vintage Transformers toys. Vintage and modern Masters of the Universe figures are all fine with the boiling water, though I did boil the paint off a vintage Mer-man's face once.

If you put plastics in boiling water, you only need to do it for a few seconds generally. The nice thing with the boiling water is that you can put the plastic piece in the boiling water for a second or two, remove it from the water, check to see if it's flexible or if the stress mark is gone, if not, submerge the part back in the boiling water and try again. If the problem isn't resolved or a visible improvement isn't noticed within 10 seconds or so, then you should refrain from boiling the part further to avoid damage.

The best way to try this is to experiment with figures that you don't care so much about. Since I have so many loose vintage and modern toys in my store, I'm able to experiment quite frequently and have been "repairing" toys for at least 10 years.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. Seibertron

I would just put that whole piece in a pot of boiling water. I would fill a small cooking pot with enough water to fully submerge the part. Generally I use a pair of tongs to hold the part to avoid burning my hand. If the part becomes flexible in about 5 to 10 seconds, immediately straighten it out (take care not to burning your hands) and then run it under cold water or submerge the part in ice cold water (such as a bowl of ice water) which will make the part retain it's shape.

It is possible that that part is malformed from the factory. If that's the case and the boiling water doesn't work, I'd just return it and call it day. This would be a great chance to experiment so that you can fix your own Transformers going forward. The process is really easy! Promise! Worse that happens is that you can't fix it, so you just return it because it's malformed.

14. casacrespo

casacrespo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I may be late to the party but Seibertron are you in Illinois? Is this the same seibertron.com? If it is, lots of love for the site dude.

15. Seibertron

That's me! But keep it on the down lo, promoting other sites on TFW is frowned upon. Thanks for the compliments though. I live in Des Plaines.

16. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks again for the tips. I'll definitely try this on some other figures soon. As for Wreck-Gar, I determined that it was a little beyond me to try to fix and ended up exchanging it for another one that I'm happy to say is perfect.

17. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

Anyone got any tips for a screw that’s basically completely stripped? I used both rubberband and superglue methods and nothing has worked.

I heard that my only choice, is to be careful with a drillbit. But I want to use that as a last resort.

18. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Elston Target. No deluxes or voyagers yet.

20181109_081720-816x612.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orland Park Target put a case out of the siege battle masters. I had a employee check the DCPI’s for the other size classes they didn’t have anything else but the battle masters. I picked up 1 of each looks like Like lionizer is shortpacked? I left the rest of the case.

DCC837A0-A274-4777-8D3B-7B1913E5DDB8.jpeg

20. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With Siege starting to trickle out, is Power of the Primes done? I never saw any Illinois (or US for that matter) sightings of Optimal Optimus. Local stores just started getting Rodimus Unicronus (except for that REALLY early sighting at TRU), and The SDCC exclusive came and went (without me sadly) so I was hoping to pick up the original retail release, but never heard of anything. Anyone find him here or stateside?