Illinois Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Static Prime, Jan 31, 2003.

1. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i agree ive gotten 3 tlk figures at the walmart

barricade in may

leader megs in august

scorn in september

back in 2009 i could find lots of robots each month for the rotf line and the same in 2011 for the dotm

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Target in the loop has Wave 2 Turbo changers. I grabbed Megatron, Drift, Cogman, Beserker, Baracade, and Hot Rod. Good luck reading the letters on the packages as a lot weren't printed well. The Megatron didn't even have a letter. Also the little window on the bottom is so low it's almost impossible to see inside/

Walmart in Addison has 3 Hounds and 2 Megatrons as of this afternoon. The Walmart on 83 had Scorns and Nitros early this week/. Forgot to report it

3. Oreo Bot

Oreo Bot Vending Machine

Bloomington/Normal TRU has 2 MP movie primes and 3 MP movie bees. A few deluxe megatrons and skullitrons. 2 of each wave 1 leader, and a few sixshots. Also some DOTM prime repaints and 2 infernocuses. Main thing is the Movie prime 2-pack with asteroid and DOTM deluxe prime was “on sale” for $30 instead of $40.

Blono walmart has Octone plus the flip and change hot rod

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  4. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Ooh, I'll grab that deluxe 2-pack for 30, and I have a $5 rewards coupon too. Thanks!

5. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

Might just be your store... Belmont/Western TRU had it for full price today. (I also had a $5 coupon, and was ready to be like, "Well, for $25, sure.")

6. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    Peoria Super Walmart has Wave 3 of TLK deluxes and Titans Return Slugslinger.

7. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

Which Wal-Mart? I might be able to get there tonight.

8. Inciteful

News Credits:
    Allen Road in North Peoria.

9. josh5837

josh5837 leonleaderoftheautocons

Meijer in algonquin had slugslinger this morning

10. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    How many?

11. josh5837

josh5837 leonleaderoftheautocons

Last i checked there was 2, but that was this morning, so i wouldnt know off hand

12. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Anybody seen the Wave 2 Tiny Turbo Changers? I need Sqweeks to complete my TLK Autobots. Edit: And Dlx Hot Rod, forgot about him.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I posed about it over a week ago. Target in the loop had them. I know there were 2 Squeeks. Problem is they are 3.49 there instead of 2.99. I'm sure they are trickling into other targets by now

14. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had that almost full set I posted awhile ago I got from Target in FL back in July. Returned to a store around here and haven't seen any wave 2's since. Picked up a Sugslinger at Walmart this past week, only one. Also picked up a couple Misfire's and Wingblades at Target but TwinTwist still eludes me.

15. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found Nitro Zeus and Scorn at a Walmart in Lincoln. Bought NZ. However, on my quest to find an Overlord between 3 Walmarts, 2 Targets, and a TRU I came up empty handed.

16. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Found Twin Twist, Misfire, and Windblade at Target in the loop. Left 1 each. Also had Nitro Zeus, Scorn, and Voyager Megatron.

If you get the deluxes, make sure they price match the tag at 14.99 inst ad of the 17.39 they are scanning at. The voyagers however are tagged 36.99

17. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

Belmont/Western TRU restocked a whole bunch of wave 1 TLK deluxes and voyagers.

Doubt anyone wants them, I just honestly admire that level of bold, unapologetic hubris.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

It's somewhat bizarre, but the problem is that most stores don't seem to track the new toys versus older toys. They're the same SKU at Target, and I'm sure it's something similar at TRU. :banghead: 

Another issue is how badly Hasbro ships their inventory - wouldn't it be better to have Wave 1 shortages than overstock? :confused:  Consider: every TF toy line has an overstock of wave 1 toys! Stores clearly want to order their entire TF inventory at once (when it's a "new" toy line :rolleyes2 ), and Hasbro is content to collect the money and do nothing to dissuade them. Likely this is Hasbro freaking out about poor sales, but they're completely to blame for not helping the stores sell the ENTIRE catalog, rather than the first 3-4 toys.

Hasbro could combine wave 1-2 and ship them together. At least that would give stores more variety. But it's hard to see anything changing when the margin on these toys grows smaller and smaller. Ideally, Hasbro would monitor individual toy sales and react with fresh shipments of top-sellers, rather than fresh cases of random junk. To do this, Hasbro could establish a central shipping center that could create unique cases of figures for each store - so if a store sold out of Twin Twist, they could order a case of 4x Twin Twists.

The central shipping center could track sales and communicate with the factories that make the toys. But this would only work if Hasbro produced toys on-demand, rather than making thousands at once, in the beginning.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  19. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    I'm just glad it's the movie line having these distribution problems and not Generations (for the most part). Hopefully they'll drop the idea of putting repaints of figures from the previous lines into the first wave of a new line. Can't help but imagine that that helped contribute to these things shelfwarming, along with the higher prices and movie-design fatigue.

20. Inciteful

News Credits:
    While true it did save some $$$ on their end from developing new molds. But in the long run I wonder did the ends justify the means by way overproducing wave 1? As I recall correctly, they had Wave 1 and 2 of the deluxes on the shelves when the first movie (2007) came out, why not use that same strategy?

• Like Like x 1