I'll get around to it soon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Heh. £10 here could nearly buy me a deluxe (£13)

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    £10 = AU$18 = US$16

that's a deluxe and a legend price here... damn, that's crazy how much more expensive stuff can be overseas...

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    "Getting around to it..."

I've made a lot of progress on my stockpile, especially this past Saturday.

So I 'give' myself 1 new Transformer a week to open. But through 2009 there were 9 weeks I was too busy to get to that. Thus I had banked up 9, and then last week I made it 10. So 3 days after my birthday I had "Animated Toy Day" and opened 10 Animated figures(that I had paid a total of $91+tax for, thanks to sales and Target's $5 exclusives). Here are the photos:

The whole haul:
    [​IMG]

Stage 1: Activators opened:
    [​IMG]

Stage 2: Deluxes opened:
    [​IMG]

Stage 3: Voyagers opened:
    [​IMG]

Stage 4: Leaders opened:
    [​IMG]

My unopened TF stockpile is down to only: Encore Black Ironhide, Thundercracker/Skywarp; TRU reissue Grapple, Hoist, & Red Alert; ROTF Dirtboss, Dirge, Bludgeon, Legends Devastator; Henkei Dinobot, Electro Disrupter Mirage, Ghost Starscream; U2 Predacon Bruticus, Hardhead, Powerglide; Titanium Skywarp, Prowl, Grimlock; and Sentinel Maximus.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup,
    right now i currentyl have
    the tru demolisher/twin pack
    kmart nebular starscream
    bt hummer KO
    target fallen
    bt arcee not 100% im gonna open this
    bt meister not 100% im gonna open this
    i think there are 2 more at home i have to open....but brain fart prevents me from remembering who they are :p 

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow Edgewise, it's nice to see so many toy opened all at once! Hope you are happy with them all :) 

ersico, looking forward to the pics when you open them. You may not be opening the newer BTs because they are only repaints?

As for myself;

BWN Blentrons all opened, I am very happy with them except for Elphaorpha, who is rather bland in robot mode. Though I think my expectation for him was too high, as he's the most sought after figure of the 3 Blentrons.
    I've decided to sell Alternity Bumble, so he'll stay sealed. Kabaya Speedbreaker is still unassembled, though I opened the box.

On top of those now I have Dark Skyfire and TakTom TFA Prowl unopened. They won't stay sealed for long!

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, for the bts i got miester at the very end of my collecting frenzy and by the time those came in the mail. i had already put the rest up in the attic so i didnt wannna open them just to store them...then just never got around to opening...and they are on my dresser just staring at me:) 

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They do look nice just sitting pretty, don't they? I have Alternity figures on a shelf in their package, for that reason :D  I don't think I have enough shelf space for BT scale cars though...

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YELLOW BUMBLEBEE!!! sorry, thats who i forgot...and i got him monday!!! haahhaaaahahah im a little forgetful...ok lots forgetful......you said alternity and it sparked... :) 
    im prob gonna put most of my alternities back in their box soon....getting wayyyy tooo dusty....and gotta make room for my iron man 2 figs :) 

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone else ever HALF-open a package? With both the Classics Skywarp/Ultra Magnus and ROTF Hoist/Mixmaster sets, it was at least a month until I got around to taking out the Voyagers after removing the deluxes.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I <3 MIB/ MISB!! :D 

So yeah, kinda iffy on opening my really minty mint MIB Japan Victory TF's for fear of breaking them into a million pieces....:lolol 

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not yet but how bout 1/3 opend....ehh? :)  demolisher is coming out,,but mudflap and skids are staying put

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Want me to take him off your hands? :D 

13. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:

Well... half-opened for a short time at most(see the activators/voyagers above) Also did this with Energon, so Deluxe Prime was free from his prison long before Ultra Megatron

I probably haven't fully appreciated all 10 figs yet. Though for the most part figs I had high expectations for, fell a bit short, and figs with low expectations(Activators, Megatron), exceeded them. Probably similar to your Elphaorca experience...

You've been taking some fantastic photos of them in the cool stuff thread I see :thumbs2: 

Elphaorca is maybe a bit simple, so 'bland', but I think the robot mode face with the huge tusks out of his head and the fleshy lower jaw with teeth for a chest plate give him quite the look. For Torca, as a Maximal, it seemed pretty strong and to set him apart, as a minion of Unicron it's likewise fantastic, but in a different respect.

Drancron's more muted color scheme seems to help people appreciate what an outstanding mold that is, as long as they can get past the assymetric animal head hands too.

And Rartorata(or whatever spelling...) ah... you just have to develop an appreciation for that mold. For me, it was seeing his mouth open-wide in robot mode and imagining him running around randomly waving his arms, freaking out the other predacons just screaming "Aaaaahhhhh!" :lol 

14. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I'll have to fish my sealed stuff out of the basement and take a pic or three....

15. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I like this thread, something nifty to read about.

Anyways, if we are counting boxes of stuff shipped from trades and such (with toys that aren't sealed, just I haven't touched yet for whaterver reason)

I have a classics prime,
    MP Megatron
    Super Robot Wars Arblade Model
    Gundam ship Models, Minerva, Archangel, Eternal, Argama, Albion
    1/144 Justice
    MP Thundercracker
    Classics Ramjet (got 3 of these, was gonna use them for customs till the henki bots showed up)
    Megabolt Megatron
    Alternators Ravage and Rumble

I know there is more, but that's a start.

I moved recently so haven't been able to get around to it all, trying to set up the collection and such.
    But now that I lost my job, I've had some more time.:( 

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    nice man! that's awesome...

nah, even if its a figure i've already got, i usually pull it out within a day, play with it once or twice, then add it to my sell pile... when i got Hoist, i cracked him open immediately, then sold off Mixmaster... then later decided i wanted that mixmaster, so now i've got another set sealed... to be opened soon... got the Twins/Demolisher and opened that right away for my cousin to have the twins, but i've still got most of the other stuff i had sealed last time i posted still sealed... Leo Prime, wingblade, and a bunch more... i'm leaning towards opening everything this summer, when i'll have more time to focus on my toy room...

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Wow I forgot all about this thread. Hey SydneyY since I last posted about my sales thread, I've gone from a total of 264 MOSC and MISB items down to 47 (I had added a bunch since then).

As for figures I intend to keep I still have about 5 movie deluxes, a couple of scouts, the same leader movie figure and Animated Arcee and Ratchet.

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I might have posted in this thread at some point, but I do this all the time.

Unless it's something I was dying to get I put it in my closet and then have a "me" day at some point during the week where I sit in my man-cave and open toys while I'm watching football or baseball. <- because that's so manly.

I currently have RoTF Dirge, Ani Lugnut, Ani Leader Megs, Ani Arcee, and Universe Ironhide waiting to be opened.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    264?

That's more than double my whole collection.

20. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I have an unopened ROTF Leader Jetfire. I got two from people at Christmas