I'll get around to it soon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Sep 27, 2009.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not braggin' but I am really good at opening cassette's. Just offering my services.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have so much shit to be opened.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I like this thread because I've always wondered what other people's habits or "rituals" are. During football season I pretty much plant myself in my man-cave for the entire Sunday (seriously, other than eating & peeing I only get up to get another beer from about 11AM-11PM). I usually have one or two TF's that I bought that week, so I sit with football on the tube, my laptop up with my fantasy football league page open, and I open my toys and do stupid $hit with them (take pictures and pose them, etc). I call these sort of days, "Optimus Vader" days (only I use my real name). I'm so lame.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I have a few carded Beast Wars Transmetal and Beast Machines stuff. Nothing that I should open since most of them are doubles anyway, that and I'm out of shelve space at the moment.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think Flipsides will be giving me an assist on opening the other cassettes, so got it covered :thumbs2: 

I "give" myself 1 Transformer item a week(so I always have something new, no 'droughts', somewhat helpful in limiting purchases too), usually open it sometime Friday or Saturday as a reward for a week of work. Though sometimes I do get busy and even get behind that. My weekly TFs for the last 3 weeks of January were all opened last week and not actually 'on schedule'.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm pretty new to collecting, but I'm falling into a similar pattern. I currently have about 6-7 unopened TF's (two are Leaders). I try to give myself a day per week of "me time" where I don't want to be bothered unless my girl is feeling frisky, and that's when I'll open one or two.

There's also the clearance items that I really don't care about, but bought because it was so cheap (Target Fallen-$5.50). I have a few things like that too. I'm in no rush to open those. I'll be bored, or sick, one day and that'll give me something to do.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Updated my list from a couple of months ago. I've not bought much recently, and have opened what I have, so have almost caught up, need to start building them up again!

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I've only got two left from my big pile that I had collected while my wife and I were travelling for a year. MP Thundercracker and TFTM Premium Leader Megatron. I did space out all the TFs I had purchased but they didnt last more than a few weeks to a month. Just cant have unopened TFs around, lol :) 

The only reason I havent opened the last two is space. We're fixing up our apartment (again, after our renters kind of thrashed the place), so until it's all done and we get settled again, there wont be much display space.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i do that too, as noted earlier in this thread... i kinda went on a binge about a week ago and opened ROTF Superion and the upgrade set finally, and nabbed ROTF Brakedown and Crossovers Captain America recently, and opened both right away... also i found ROTF brawn the other day, but have to wait til tomorrow to get him... i almost opened movie1 wingblade the other day too, but then i didn't... oh, i opened up red powerglide when i opened Superion too...

10. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have tons of toys need to be opened, and now i can afford to bring one new toy to work everyday for the next couple years all thank to my reserve.
    [​IMG]

11. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I got those 3 Kabaya kits with G1 Optimus, Classic Optimus and Star Saber. I mostly wanted a Star Saber toy but when I got it it seemed to much work for me to assemble. I'll get to it someday... maybe.

Also got Masterpiece Black Optimus waiting to be opened. I'll get to it within a few weeks I would guess. If it was a mould I didn't have before I would have gotten to it already.

Also got a few Alternators and Binaltech sitting in boxes, I got them after I sort of got tired of Alternators but sometime when I'm feeling them again I'll get to them.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    *looks at the pile of MOSC G1.5 Euros still in the corner...*

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *looks at G1-Junkie's post longingly*

14. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not yet opened:

ROTF Skids
    ROTF Mudflap
    ROTF Ice Cream Truck Skids/Mudflap
    ROTF Sideswipe
    ROTF Soundwave
    ROTF Arcee
    ROTF Ravage
    Universe 2.0 Ironhide
    Universe 2.0 G1 styled Starscream
    Animated Skywarp
    MP Skywarp
    Henkei Smokescreen

And most of my Star Wars figures I bought last year. Had to move last year, so I figured I'd open them after I had done that. I'm just now getting to some of them. :) 

15. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Apart from the assembly, I'd really recommend Robot Masters Star Saber. The Kabaya kit is based on that figure anyway. And The RM version can also combine with Victory Leo.

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My last post
    Skids has been opened, and I wish I didn't :( 
    I've finally got BWN Drancron and completed the whole series, but I still have the 3 Blentrons unopened. Alternity Bumble is still there, as well as Kabaya Speedbreaker.

They are very easy to assemble. If you decide to open them, make sure you cut open the designated line to have the instruction intact, as it is printed inside the box :)  The result isn't stunning and the boxes look pretty as they are though. The gum inside doesn't have much flavour (according to my sons) :D 

17. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:

Pics or it didn't happen.

What's the issue with Skids? Disappointed in the figure? Robot mode looks to bare with stickers unapplied? He didn't break out of the box, did he?

18. SydneyY

News Credits:
    He doesn't stand straight. I had heard of the issue, but I was still very disappointed as I like to photograph my TFs.
    I like how he looks, with stickers inexpertly applied :) 

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I was going top buy Skids at TK Maxx. Its beeen there all Christmas for £20 but after that it clearanced for £10. I still didnt pull the trigger. Oh well.

20. SydneyY

News Credits:
    £10 = AU$18 :eek:  That's not much more than a price of a basic figure here! But still, if you don't need one that's £10 saved, eh. I really can't tell you to go for it considering how disappointed I was.