iIs Starscream said "want a bet" to Megatron cost his life in movies 1986?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Aug 10, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,do you think Starscream said "want a Bet" in the movies 1986 cost his life and killed by Galvatron,if Starscream don't said this word ,will Galvatron kill him?

Megatron seem forgive Starscream everytime Starscream betray him including in the episode Starscream bridge in G1 season 2 when he shot Megatron ,but why not this time?

Will Galvatron kill him if he expain nicely like ,Please forgive me Megatron ,you have to understand ,you are serious injured and will died soon ,is better to Sacrifice your self for the Decepticon cause than or we will all Died together if we get attack from Omega Supreme or Sky Lynx and i swear i will kill All the Autobot for revenge for you ,rest in peace my dear leader ,i promise i will not chose my self as new leader ,let our decepticons elect the new leader.
    I think Galvatron will forgive him if he expain nicely ,what do you think?

thanks.

thanks.

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

The Starscream toy went out of circulation so yes he would have died.

You're once again treating G1 as if it was not designed to market a toyline.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Sane Galvatron turned Starscream to ash after letting him say one thing.

Insane Galvatron would have shot Starscream multiple times and then jumped up and down on his melting corpse roaring inarticulately before Starscream could utter a sound.

No, he wouldn't have forgiven him.

--Moony

4. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

nope. nice try though... : )

5. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

And what is wrong with that? I think a lot of us are on here talking about many Transformer generations as if it was not designed to market a toy line.

It's part of the fun of the fandom. Calm your fancy.

6. Cobalt Agent

Calm your own fancy. If you've seen any of his threads you'd know he didn't open this as a fan discussion; he made it under the false pretense that there's underlying emotional causes and contemplations behind Starscream's death. I suggest you reread the OP, because my understanding is he's actually looking for an answer from others as to why Starscream had to die when it's obvious why he died. If I didn't have prior knowledge of his previous threads I'd give ti the benefit of the doubt and take it with a grain of salt. I'd still say he'd die but for narrative and character reasons rather than practical and realist ones.

7. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Well said.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's "Wanna bet?", not Want a Bet. That makes no sense. At all.

Also, no. Killing Starscream was the best part of the movie. It cemented Galvatron as ruthless, powerful, and unwilling to take crap from any of those under him.

9. Cobalt Agent

That too. Part of what makes the movie so great was the tone. They killed mf'ing Starscream. The movie has balls.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think it's because it was the closest Starscream ever came to actually finishing Megatron off for good. If Unicron hadn't have happened along Megatron would've definitely expired. It stopped being fun for Megatron to put Starscream in his place in front of the others when he tried to take over and Galvatron decided to show he's not like Megatron anymore by killing Starscream when his old Megatron self wouldn't have. So, new body, new name, new start. Besides, he had his nice shiny new and loyal Cyclonus for a second in command and air commander now so no need for Starscream anymore on any level.

11. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

The only reason Megatron kept Starscream around was that he needed all the Decepticons he could get while on Earth. After that stunt Starscream pulled on Astrotrain, that was the final straw. So I couldn't blame Galvatron for killing him. Not to mention at that time he had more than enough troops already.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When he had his death wish warranted when he basically left Megatron to die.

It was inevitable but now he's dead jim.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Did it? I've seen on the internet an image of the 1986 toy line, and Starscream was shown with Galvatron, Cyclonus, and the rest. And I was only five years old in 1986, so I have no memory of still seeing Starscream in the stores during the third season. In fact from what I remember, I never saw Starscream in the stores. That figure was probably one of the harder ones to find.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the action of tossing Megatron from astrotrain spoke louder than whatever smarmy comment he could have made, and it was just one betrayal too many in a long, long line of them.