ign talking about escalation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by shadowsfm, Jun 6, 2010.

1. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like a free-roam story mode--characters have pre-set abilities having to work together--but without a story. I don't mind that one bit, sounds like fun! But I'm sure there are more than 18 levels. Wasn't there an achievement for getting to or passed level 25 in multiplayer/escalation mode? I wish you could have five friends, not four, playing with you though. 3 player co-op in story mode, 5 player team battles via multiplayer mode and 4 player co-op for escalation. Wonder why they did that:cofused:

3. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    yeah the other article said there was infinite waves, guess this guy got confused when someone said high moon only survived 18 waves. i realized after reading this that the campaign is so short that people will be playing escalation to extend the experience and play as unlocked characters, like a meta game. i'm getting the feeling arcee and slipstream can only be played here. (but then again, we did see in the multiplayer trailer an arcee vs slipstream shot)

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Sounds just like horde mode (varying enemy types) + Nazi Zombies (gather pts to unlock areas/weapons/health/etc.)

I love it. I want it. Now plz :p 

5. shadowsfm

News Credits:
  6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These two were playing in a multiplayer/story map, IIRC, not escalation mode, which sounds like it only has two maps (one for the Autobots and one for the Decepticons).

7. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yeah, two maps, but they're really huge. You start out with a bunch of doors locked and you have to spend points (in real time, in the level, during play) to unlock extra doors and access the rest of the level. I'd imagine it's a necessity because when the waves start getting tougher, you need a larger play area because it gives you areas to retreat to and get away from fire so you can recover. Theoretically, you could spend all your money on upgrades and health boosts and ammunition...but I bet that wouldn't be a very successful way to play Escalation, because you'd wind up trapped by tough enemies.

I'd almost be willing to bet money that the two maps are Iacon and Chaon.

8. shadowsfm

News Credits:
  9. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    transformed, the achievement is for passing wave 15 of escalation mode. There is also an achievement for spending 25,000 energon chips in the mode as well.

Still this mode sounds awesome! I have played plenty of horde mode in GoW2(beat all 50 waves once too!) but i've never played call of duty. So this one map per side thing sounds kind of odd to me.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose you’re right. But I have a feeling these maps are indoors rather than outdoors like multiplayer, just to add more variation and uniqueness between these two modes.

That sounds like a cool idea, but I wonder; Hiphop Gamer’s interview showed many minutes of real-time play in Escalation Mode, and the Autobots were not battling in Kaon. Kaon, as described by the lead designer is supposed to show the chaotic nature of the Decepticons, destruction everywhere. Even the picture of Cybertron shows one side of the planet which looks wrecked, like an explosion tore through it. The Autobots were fighting in an area pretty intact, though that doesn’t mean they couldn’t be battling their way out of Iacon, working their way toward Kaon and the Decepticons doing the opposite, which would be fine by me—I like what I’ve seen so far, and I like what I continue to hear. I don’t have an XBOX 360, but a PS3 so I’m unfamiliar with GoW and any other game WFC borrowed from, all these ideas sound pretty cool for a TFS!

That’s an interesting theory! I wonder if the weapons will go beyond what we’ve seen for Multiplayer? I sort of hope so, as it really makes the mode pretty distinctive, but I won’t be disappointed if not. I’m looking forward to teaming up with folks to battle waves upon waves of whatever faction I logon as.

Thanks for that:thumb  I wonder how hard it is to acquire and spend 25,000 energon chips. When I think of games like Final Fantasy, and how one earns/steels money, it doesn’t take all that long.

I have to agree, and I can’t wait to experience all parts of this game, starting with the story!

11. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    well, the article says that even escalation has a high flight ceiling so not all of it can be inside. it's also interesting that everyone starts with a machine gun and need to shop for better weapons. that explains why they make a big deal out of the expensive but awesome heal ray. because people can drop and pick up weapons, i wonder id scouts can carry heal rays

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s been stated by IGN.com that each character has a set of predetermined skills unique to them specifically; the classifications for chassis in multiplayer mode do not apply to Escalation mode apparently. In other words, Escalation mode is like story mode without a story. Ratchet is Ratchet—a scientist, not a leader class—and Megatron is Megatron—a leader, not a soldier.

The 10-minute plus gameplay walkthrough trailer showed us 5-minutes of gameplay with Silverbolt, Jetfire and Airraid in a room with walls and a ceiling large enough for them to fight, hover and fly. Cybertron is a planet in scale to Cybertronians, they look small in comparison to their home world’s structures.

13. shadowsfm

News Credits:
  14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Escalation sounds really fun. Just hope the ammo is more plentiful than it sounds.