IGN Rewind Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Feb 9, 2011.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    that's the second website that mistook Ratchet for Mudflap (and I guess simultaneously mistook Mudflap for Skids).

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Mudflap? is he serious. .? He must have been tired.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given they had difficulty confirming it was Ironhide in that first shot, i'd say that they're just not overly clued up on Transformers, which you can't expect everybody to be.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    IGN is a joke!! i swear!! all it takes is a little time to research and you can figure out things about this movie. This was a joke listening too but cool to see slown down.

If your going to do a review for a trailer you need to have some sort of facts to explain to the people who have no clue on what there seeing thas just my opinion.

6. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

yeah I agree. as a hub of nerdness they should at least get the characters right. also going beyond "it looks like they're attacking the city" would be helpful too =(

but i like them for game reviews/previews etc.

7. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Saw Barricade being stabbed at 3.33 and longhaul being gunned down just before.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No you didn't. It's the Sideways/Audi model.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool.

10. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

the narration was crap so i turned off the sound. other than that, i liked what i see.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I'll admit, I was hesitant to listen to the commentary, simply because I was guessing that it was going to be 4 minutes of bashing the movie, saying how it was gonna' suck and complaining about motion blur and shaky cam and whatnot. You know, like what every. single. online review of RotF was. ;)  But I'm a masochist. I love/hate putting myself through stuff like that, and I did. But I've gotta' say, these are the kinds of reviews that I like to hear. We don't know the full story, so why bother bashing it or complaining? Let's examine it critically first. Look at the glass as half-full. Let's be happy about this, it's a cool 30 second spot showcasing some of the action and excitement that this movie will deliver.

And yes, they made some mistakes (Ratchet and Mudflap/Skids), difficulty determining if it was Ironhide or whatever, but overall, I was impressed simply with the fact that they didn't have anything overtly negative to say. :)  That's always nice to hear, especially with Michael Bay's Transformers.

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Yeah IGN is always full of commentators that don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's no suprised they screwed this one up too.