IGN reviews DOTM game....

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as I enjoy this game that's all that matters

2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I enjoyed the campaign mode a lot, but it FELT short. Some games don't feel short even around the same length. However, being a prequel, it ends JUST as the plot is getting really exciting. Also it's stupid that they have both a "replay campaign" option and a "new campaign" option, since they're the same thing.

Multiplayer is great but also burns quick. LEVEL CAP IS ONLY 20! Other games like Call of Duty have you max out at 70, and here I am after 3 days of playing for a couple hours a day with 3/4 of the classes maxed out.

DLC should include: more maps, some bug fixes, and hopefully a couple extra modes. My guess is they're waiting til after the movie comes out to add in some characters.

What would be great is if they take PLENTY of time to develop a sequel to dotm in the movieverse with these same game mechanics. Less buggy and more game modes.

3. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I was sorely disappointed in it, even for a movie game it's pretty bad.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah i noticed that too!

i thought maybe the "replay" would enable you to pick and choose which level to play but it looks like you gotta play the whole thing over again to revisit any levels you liked. lame

same here. ive not even played it that much and im already almost capped out on all 4 classes. maybe they'll raise the cap sometime too

i hope they dont skimp out. id love for more characters and for some bigger maps! i hate how restricting these maps feel. they seem so small to me

i think id love them forever if they had a DLC Escalation mode <3

5. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
  6. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I played it for a few hours tonight (through the Mirage level) and I have to say I really enjoy this game. I am definitely not a gamer and my standards are no where near what the reviewers of IGN are looking for, but I really liked playing as the bots and blowing shit up. That is what I am looking for in a game and while I haven't beaten it yet, so I can't comment on how short it is, I feel like I can sit and play it for a few hours at a time and have a good time. I especially like the new characters. I really really enjoyed the Mirage level and basically forgot that I could transform. With Ironhide I felt like I should spend equal amounts of time in bot and alt mode and really isnt that what a TF game should be about, playing as both a vehicle and a robot? Seriously, this game is really fun.