IGN Names Iron Man "Villain of the Year"

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Dec 21, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

heh. I never thought I'd agree with IGN on something, but quite a lot of their picks have some pretty good arguments to back them up.

The rest of their picks for 2006 can be found here.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    good one.

iron man = jerk.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, good choice by IGN. Some of the things done by Stark has been really nasty - whether this was intentional or not I don't know. Here's hoping that one of the butts that the Hulk kicks (on his return) in 2007 will be Tony's.

4. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Totally agree. But I don't want to see Hulk kick Iron's ass. I want to see Spidey do it. Seriously. Web him up, sting him, kick the crap outta him.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Agree with most of their awards.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Bullshit.

You're honestly telling me that Stark is worse than Superboy-Prime or Alex Luthor? Or the American government in Civil War?

To say Stark is a villain is narrow-minded and ignorant, and most of all, easy. And no, I'm not just saying that because he's one of my favorite characters - pick up the Civil War: Casualties of War one-shot to see exactly why naming Stark villain of the year is ridiculous.

Bullshit.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Waiting for Wreckgar to make his appearance here...

8. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I also gotta agree with alot of there choices they choose. Also I think its a sign of the apocalypse when I agree with ign

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah i agree with most, esp. Fables as the best series.

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I hear Wreckgar crying.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ha ha HA!!! Suck it, Pro Reg!!!

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Pretty decent awards. Only things I'll disagree with is Power Girl taking 2nd in the babes category and Astonishing X-Men being mentioned anywhere near Best Ongoing.

13. DevilzFan

I still say it's a valid point. I don't see him as being an "Evil" villain, more the misguided type. He's been doing some very questionable things, and really is a threat to the Marvel Universe.

As IGN said:

I never cared for Iron Man before Civil War. But once it started, I went back and started reading some back issues. I'm hooked now. So his "turn" has brought about 1 new fan at least.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Suck it Boardwise. Suck it long, and suck it hard.

And yes, I have arrived to make my comments knows on my favorite hero. And I actually can agree with the mentioning, to an extent. He's not a "villain" per se. Instead i see him as wha tthe 90s made popular, the Anti-Hero. Is what he is doing right? No, but it's the law.

I may not agree with his actions but both sides, as I stated in the Choosing Sides thread, are making moral decisions that would go against everything they believe in.

Oh, and Spidey does need to kick his ass not only for making him oust his identity but also letting the Goblin loose.

15. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Fucking Marvel. They have a bug up thier ass for people not to like Iron Man. This the SECOND time they made him in to a villian. WTF?! I know Tony is the type of guy who will pick up his toys and go home if he gets pissed, but this is re god damn diclous. 3 months after Civil War is over, it wioll come out it really wasnt tony, but his evil clone/brother form another mother/Howard the Duck bullshit, be rescued, have an epiphany, and give up being Iron Man. Then Jim Rhodes will take over again........

Until Tony needs to fight him to get the armor back :banghead: 

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Y'know, for me, it's just that Iron Man is an extremely believable villain. He's a wealthy business tycoon. He's been a part of the military/industrial complex since the Vietnam war. Yes, he's done good things, and yes, he has a conscience, but he also spends a lot of time acting in his own interests. Heroes like Cap, Spidey, and Daredevil suffer and sacrifice to help people while Iron Man sits in his tower. He used to subsidize the Avengers, but he doesn't do that anymore, claiming that he "can't afford it." I don't believe that for a second - he just chooses not to. And from what I've read thus far in New Avengers (I read the TPBs), it seems that he was involved in the cover-up of the "dead" villains that were in the Raft - if not at first, then he was let in on the secret on condition that he keep his mouth shut. And considering that villains are now being controlled using technology...also, the Thor clone business seems to be very similar to the clone Avengers that Hydra came up with (see Spider-Man: Breakout).

All in all, I think Iron Man is a pretty crappy guy, and I'm looking forward to Spidey beating his ass.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I've got it. The dickhead Iron man in Civil War is really a time displaces grown up version of Teen Tony from Avengers Timeslide who kidnapped the adult Tony and is holding him hostage in a secret room in the Negative Zone prison.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, they already made him a womanizing, selfish, raging alcoholic and now this? :lol 

19. DevilzFan

First, Pym was a dick, then Prime was a dick.

Now, Tony's a dick. :p 

20. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

You joke, but I bet that same plot line has be floated around the Marvel Offices......more than once.