IGN Movies Interview with Michael Bay on the Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Goaliebot, May 31, 2007.

1. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/792/792144p1.html

Please, please don't be a repost, I swear I searched. And the interview was posted today, IGN updates late so it should be fresh...

I especially like him talking about the faces, and ending up talking about... well, us!

"It's what I keep trying to tell the fanboys is that this is gonna be so much more realistic than what they've seen in the past. But you know, they're angry about everything anyway."
    :D  :D  :D 

2. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

Its not a repost but I just did lol, sorry. But it is a good read.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nice, frontpage coming. :D 

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
  5. EDcomics

EDcomics Foxtail Dreamer

I cant stand that guy. If all the robots are going to have jerky, unnatural facial and head movements like Prime did in that one TV spot, theyre not going to look convincing. At that point, it might as well be a cartoon.

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

OMG ITS BAY. QUICK!! Let the Bay bashing and generic fanboy ranting begin!! It's new, fun, intelligent and above all, makes you look cool!

QFT

Seriously, nice interview. He's doing a damn fine job so far. I thank him for doing such a fantastic job on this movie!! Many movie tickets for ya, buddy! I got my 8 sitting right here. (in cash)

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I don't know where, but I've seen this exact same interview somewhere else a few weeks ago.

He probably doesn't think much of you either.

8. BIG SUMO

BIG SUMO Active Member

I'm sure I've read the quotes they use before. There wasn't anything new said in the article...

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Micheal Bay FTW! He really does look like he knows what he's doing, and the fanboy comments were spot-on.

10. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
  11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I read this about a week or two ago. Still a nice read though.

12. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Jeez, Bay is such a douche.

I find people who are alleged "professionals" just as patheric when they need to resort to the same name calling tactics as the "fanboys" they hate.

If he was a real pro, he'd let his work speak for itself, and not explain and respond to some of the silly and outright stupid rants that come from very ignorant people. He's just as childish as they are.

Secondly, I find people calling other people "fanboys" on the message boards completely idiotic and outright hypocritical. Especially when you consider the fact that most of those doing the name calling (both ways) are in their mid to late 20's (if not older) and posting on a message board about toys called Transformers. That pretty much makes you a fanboy also.

Just let people have their opinions. It's not going to lessen your enjoyment of the movie any more if they don't like something you do.

13. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

I want to see this film that filmmakers said they care about the robot characters, they even think that those are not just robots.. sounds good

Wait to see whether this is truth!

14. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Hmm, Shakespearean type characters? I never really thought of em like that but Prime is kinda like a knight of the round table with his "one shall stand" lines.

I wonder if the majority of the "fanboys" that are so angry would be able to put into words exactly what is the "soul" and "spirit" of the original Transformers series. But of course some will never get pass their visual hangups.

Ah, to each his own. I'm digging the bots except for bumblee's face.

Eh? Calling a group "iditiotic" and "hypocritical" and then demanding the same people to "just let people have their opinions" while questioning their name calling at the same time is in itself very hypocritical.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    What's the problem with fanboys? That's exactly what we are, like it or not. Some people hate Bay and they don't even really know why, they just feel like they HAVE to hate him for no particular reason, because it's trendy.

16. MADAM_MEG

I think He compare those robots are as classy characters even they are robots.

Oh! I hope Megatron will not quote Shakespearean and end with "You may call me Megatron":drunk 

17. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Yeah, he should have used a different word other then Shakespearean like "archetypal".

I keep picturing Prime saying "To be , or not to be an Autobot, THAT is the question"

18. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Not to get into a debate about this, but was I referring to you specifically? Do you feel guilty about something? People get bent out of shape because people don't agree with their opinions, on both sides. The director of this flick, acts just as childish as those on both sides, by resorting to name calling.

Calling people on a message board a "fanboy" with a negative conotation because they don't agree with you, when you yourself are in fact posting on the same message board and collect the same exact toys, is completely and utterly idiotic and hypocritical, because guess what? You're a "fanboy" too.

19. MADAM_MEG

You're also right for that word.

In my opinion since they are working in the film industry, word of "Shakespearean" is more deep meaning for them to referring
    about the classy characters. To refer this to robot characters it may seem
    doesn't match but also as they said they never consider those are just the robots. :D 

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Bay is simply a Hollywood employee, and all hollywood employees know more than us. If something has been incredibly sucessful BEFORE they get a crack at it then it must be a fluke. It's that correct way of thinking that allowed Hollywood to make such classic films as Godzilla & Super-Mario Bros. and not have them be anything like thier ridiculous source material.