IGN Interview with Kurtzman and Orci

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ultrawave, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Edit: Just saw the above post. Ehren did add some okay stuff! Jetfire got better personality than many other new TFs in the movie due to his age, the Twins were all I found funny in the movie, and Starscream's last line was his best in the movie, quite an enlightening line, too.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh lawdy lawdy, what are we going to do with you.

The voice actors said that the portrayal was THEIR idea while doing improve. Hell, Reno's black himself and he found nothing racist in what they were doing at the time. Only thing Bay did was approve of their improve.

3. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    So Orci and Kurtzman did Hercules, that explains a lot. I won't miss them on TF 3.

4. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I loved both films, so I must say that they did really good. There are a few lines that weren't necessary (like Lennox saying "That's a good question" after Optimus dropped one of his epic lines), but above all, the movies were good. But, like a few have said, good luck to them in other work. Like another few have said, let's just see this as a "new" start, so let's just see what happens.

I'm officially no longer the only person to see the truth. I hate racism, and if the Twins were racist, they wouldn't be two of my favorite characters.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A tough call at this point since we don't really know how things will shape up. All we can do is project our personal feeling on how things might go. I'm a bit of pessimist but I'd be no more right than you as an optimist because at this point none of can really know for sure any which way things may go in the end product.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    What's wrong with Optimus Prime combining? It's been going on for years, a classic Optimus Prime trope, and a great toyetic gimmick.

7. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    "Fans of Transformers" indeed. Even the most mild Transfan would not pass up writing TFs for "Aliens and Cowboys"

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After two films that have grossed over $2 billion in ticket and dvd/bluray sales, I find it hard to believe they couldn't make time in their oh-so-busy schedule to write the third installment. Sounds to me like they were fired.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that they expected to be taken seriously after Hercules and Xena. I mean, I enjoyed them, but the physics kept me laughing AT the show while I enjoyed the cheese. They weren't shows you could enjoy if you did take them seriously. :lol  I do admit I did like the characters, tho, so they did good writing there.

On the twins...it occurs to me that if they didn't look like their heads were run over right after creation, then maybe it would have been more obvious they were trying to make fun of gangsta wannabes, instead of being seen as racist.

--Moony

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe they just got tired of coming up with ideas only to have the director ignore their ideas and input. Perhaps leaving was just a nice way of saying okay if you aren't going to listen to us then we can go do other things.

With all the work they have it's not like they can't almost pick the people they want to work with now so maybe they just like working with other directors better.

11. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Funny, because Reno Wilson said in this article that he didn't realize that his character would be accused of being racist. And even Orci and Kurtzman said quite clearly that the Twins being racist just wasn't their fault; it was Bay's.

But hey, believe what you want to believe.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Very interesting, didn't know about their early careers, so cool. As for TF3, I may be in the minority here, but I like their work on Fringe and Star Trek, so I would have liked to see them help finish the trilogy. Good Luck to them.

13. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I think you are right. After reading the articles and listening to their commentary, I think they wrote a character-driven script that Bay hi-jacked for more explosions.

You can hear their exasperation at certain points of the movie when they mention a poignant scene or line of dialog that Bay chopped out. It made me exasperated to hear them because I kept thinking how much more improved the movie could have been with just a bit of tweaking that they were mentioning. But we needed all that running and exploding during the final battle at the expense of plot and characters, didn't we? :rolleyes2 

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I still think the Twins did not look racist. Gangster wanabees? Sure, now that was really annoying. Honestly, those two should never have been created...

(I still bought Skids tho, and plan to get the HA one too.)

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Which is exactly what I meant in my post. If Reno thought what he and Kenny were doing during the improv. sessions was racist he probably wouldn't've done it. He was surprised by the fact that some people found it offensive.

Bay approved it, but it wasn't his idea.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I think people worldwide need to realize that there's QUITE a difference between "racist" and "hateful".

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Seconded.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    That's because they werent. The only racism that exists is the racism that the accusers are practicing themselves.

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

IMO some fresh writing involving less poop and testicles will be a good thing.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's probably more this. If you're not feeling appreciated and your work is getting messed about and you're catching the blame for the end results then of course you'd be thinking about doing something else next time, especially if you've got several other projects you can go work on or are being offered to you.
    It would be kinda stupid not to.