Igeartoys is blowing me off

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nails1, Jul 22, 2010.

1. nails1

nails1 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post this, not to be offensive, but to make others aware.* I recently purchased a PP01b.* I received it in great condition - except the right shoulder joint is loose.* I contacted Igear to get a replacement joint and was informed they don't have any parts.* They are still selling multiple versions of this mold but for some unfathomable reason don't have any parts.* I will be fair and say that the customer support person I contacted was polite, but it just seems strange.* Just some info so others are aware Igear may not take care of you if there is an issue.* I'm sure others had no issues but this is just my own experience.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see what the issue is here. Pretty much no toy manufacturer offers or keeps track of spare parts. Hasbro would tell you the same thing. If you have a defective item you return it to the person you bought it from. Did you buy it from I gear directly? Are the refusing to replace it if you did?

3. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:

I don't think this even warrants a replacement. It's not like the part is broken or some such.

4. nails1

nails1 Well-Known Member

You don't see an issue with selling a defective product and not providing any recourse for the customer to either replace the product or in some way compensate the customer? That is a very strange stance.

I purchases the PP01b from igeartoys. It wasn't available for purchase anywhere else.

I have read of a few instances of igeartoys sending replacement parts for defective product. One guy on here received an entire upper torso to simply fix the same defect mine has. I am not expecting an entire upper torso but a replacement piece would be nice.

Also in repsonse to your statement about what Hasbro would do - let's be real here. This is not Hasbro. This is a small operation run by people who are supposed to be Transformers fans. They are still selling the PP01b in addition to multiple iterations of that mold. You're telling me they haven't considered the possibility of defects and have made 0 extra parts or items for replacements?

5. nails1

nails1 Well-Known Member

Okay guys bottom line I am just trying to make sure others are informed. I know others had a satisfactory customer service experience. I didn't post it up to start a debate. You can take the info I posted and toss it or use it to make a more informed decision about dealing with igeartoys. If you don't agree that is fine but it doesn't change what actually happened.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The difference here is that with Hasbro, you can just take it back to the shop and swap it out for another one. (assuming it's not a low distribution toy)

Something like this..... not so easy. I can understand why people would be annoyed... and when you market something as being for a 'collector' it's not unreasonable for that collector to expect that the joints are at least moderately tight.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couple random things here for clarification
    I don't consider a loose joint a defect
    toy companies don't keep spare parts due to the way they are molded.
    Igeartoys is a fancy knock off company ripping off hasbro
    they have no refund policy on their web store
    those two things alone make me stay the hell away from them.
    If you choose to do business with them anways...
    Hey it's your money but don't be mad when you get burned

8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    It's a loose joint. It's not as if the figure is missing an arm. I think you're exaggerating a little in regards to their stance in the matter.

9. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know for a fact guys like FansProject and a couple other groups give the retailers they deal with, extras of their products. So that if a customer has a defective part, the retailer can take that extra product, and send a replacement part out to the customer. And knowing some other things, there should be extra parts available easily by a group like iGears.

If what Nails says it true, about someone getting a huge chunk of PP01 just to fix the same issue he has, then it is odd iGear wouldn't help him out. I'm sure Nails can show us in which thread the other person posted his problem, and getting help from igear. Also, I guess this issue really matters depending on how loose Nail's PP01 shoulder is. If it can't even hold a position, than that is a defect.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If you're talking about Olds444 (sorry if I'm a little off on the TFW screen name there), I'm pretty sure his shoulder joint had been accidentally glued; so it didn't move at all and couldn't be transformed. That's a little different from a loose joint. It would be nice if they'd let you exchange the entire package for another since they still have some in stock, but I can't really knock them for not sending out misc parts over a loose joint. I don't think Takara or Hasbro does that either.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *snickers at the thread title* "Enjoy the ride..."

Anywho, loose joints happen with figures all the time... Also, igear is small compared to Hasbro... they probably don't have a replacement.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think you should continue to remain concerned about this. This is a serious subject matter that definitely deserves Igear's immediate attention. Forward your e-mails to them again, this time in triplicate. Triplicate always underlines importance.

13. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    I ordered a PP-01 (regular). When it arrived, the pistons on the right arm were not pinned into place. The pistons would fall out every time I moved the arm. I emailed them, got no response, but 3-4 weeks later got a replacement right arm in the mail.

14. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I think this is very unfair, particularly the line "when you get burned" and not "if you get burned". I have dealt with Igear twice, and each time my item has arrived quickly and in excellent condition. In my experience they are polite and prompt with regards to emails too.

Sure, they knock off Hasbro products, but your assertion that any dealing with them will lead to inevitable 'burning' is just silly.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    If you by a KO you take your chances and you got a less than perfect product who would have thought of that?

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Yeah, because Hasbro and Takara are the undisputed Kings of Quality :rolleyes: 

17. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I just haven't been too impressed with iGear's products in general, I bout the Autoscout Cassette, and while it wasn't horrible, it was KO-y enough that I've stayed away from the rest of their products

Fans Project and Perfect Effects on the other hand both seem to be close to Hasbro quality.

18. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The title of this thread needs to change, it implies a different thing is happening. Not a good thing.......

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man, this went from a head's up on QC to a "i bought a so-so item instead of perfect item...so you are all doomed to get crap too," rant.

third party items are always risky endeavors. but in your case, i don't think it warrants the "rage", just a little more patience.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Better than a pen in the eye.