Igears pp-05(Update@Facebook)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by monsterikan, May 26, 2011.

1. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :thumb 

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I still can't fathom as to why there would be Igear supporters out there?
    Not flaming/ just fabbergasted. Takaratomy FTMFW.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    proof:

[​IMG]

just providing facts, this is no hate, i want igear to do something original, they stole the engineering of inferno's arm for sure, so yeah, still waiting guys

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^This! Thanks, GC. Also, I mean come the fuck on, there are so many 3rd party fanboys that are in denial. :( 

5. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    What's so hard to believe? Maybe some people are after an actual MP-like figure of Ratchet/Ironhide and have no care who the maker is? I know that once somebody, anybody, comes out with an MP Jazz, it's as good as bought. At the end of the day, I find it silly to have "beliefs" so strongly about toys that are just gonna collect dust on collectors shelves. If you like it, buy it

6. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    (sarcasm mode on) Yeah, and they totally stole the colour red that's been used on other figures - Lame!! (sarcam mode off)

7. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope they have articulated hands and not thoes horrible block hands....

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Because some people are under the belief that Hasbro (and only Hasbro, TakaraTomy is never factored into this for some reason) don't make [X] because they hate fans, and companies like iGear not only breach IP, but outright knock off official toys because they care about the fans/customers.

As I recall, this was also the basic argument that an owner of an online retailer used here a few years ago to justify the G1 KO toys that his store was selling.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^Ahh, I see. Still think that it somewhat a feeble argement for the justification for the totaly rip-off culture that is Igear toys. It's like a repeted offender getting out of jail just becasue they have aquirred a certain type of 'immunity' to get away with just abut anything. I am a firm beliver in buying offical Ttomy and or Hasbro/ Ehobby/ Lawsons and Family Mart stuff only. So yeah.

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i support stuff that is original design, so i support things like fansproject, but i can not support anything that completely ripsoffs engineering from hasbro and takara, igear can make some good original stuff like the igear kup head, but then they do stuff like this

11. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

so?

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    That looks like Ironhide's arm nozzle attachment for when he would shoot his freeze ray or rust gas or whatever on the G1 show.

13. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you people crack me up.. you see oen thing that REMINDS you of a certain mold and then you're positive they ripped it off...

I mean seriously.. There's things all 3rd party companys have in common with real hasbro toys.. that doesn't mean they're rip offs... TO be going on this much about it being a rip off of the inferno mold after seeing like 1 picture of a small part of the torso.. give me a break..

14. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does every single Igear thread have to turn into a flame war? This gets super annoying when this comes up in EVERY SINGLE Igear thread ever made. We get it Guard Convoy. You don't like Igear, but whining about every single item they put out is not going to have an effect on the company whatsoever. If you guys hate Igear so much, then why would you keep coming into threads with Igear in the title? Especially if you know you're going to hate everything they put out? That just melts my brain.

15. Demonss

News Credits:
    You like city commander?

Totally rips off the fact that G1 Magnus has a bunch of parts that you have to add to the core truck robot to make the armored bot..

You like the combiner stuff specifically bruticus? Totally rips off some transformation sequences in the little bots that has been previously seen in hasbro toys...

Nobody is original.. So using some part of engineering that works in another bot is to be expected.

By your logic someone who uses ball joints or whatever because it worked before is lazy engineering.

16. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i do not hate everything, i like the igear kup head, i know i am big against the seekers, but here i am not inserting pure hatred, i would love if these were completely new toys

i am just showing that igear stole the engineering off universe 2.0 inferno, just saying, like i said, i want igear to grow into a company that doesn't require ripping off hasbro's engineering to make things

17. Demonss

News Credits:
    Boy I wish this site had "rep" like some other forums.. don't buy it if you don't like it..

But stop making stupid claims..

18. guard convoy

News Credits:
    um no, it is quite obvious what i showed in the comparison image i put together that igear is using the complete joint system of the universe 2.0 inferno mold's arm.

City commander was a completely new piece of engineering that partsformed mostly into a bot that homaged ultra magnus, it was an original design. just because it parts form doesn't mean it steals engineering, heck it steals no enginering elements from hasbro or takara

munitioner and explorer are originally design bots that homage blast-off and swindle, they share no engineering elemets with any hasbro or takara figure

i am not making a stupid claim, you look at that arm and you see "inferno's arm". you can't honestly say i am wrong by my comparison

19. guard convoy

News Credits:
    no it is not it is completely different

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    You know what? I really dislike the movie franchise and most of the toys, but out of respect for fellow fans who do like it, I simply don't post in that part of the forum. I have nothing positive to say and I don't want to alienate people, so I don't get involved.

Just saying.