Igear UFO and Hench test shots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    They look nice, but they could both use a little refinement. I like the new size, it would have been nice to get Huffer and Seaspray in that size. Brawn's transformation is genius, and I like how the doors can still have the G1 look.

Also reminds me why videos just annoy me sometimes - 5 minutes of trying to make Brawn stand up and they can't be bothered to do one size comparison? :rolleyes2 

3. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm REALLY looking forward to these!

- Gregg

4. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

These look really nice, and the size upgrade puts to rest any doubts I had. They look like they will be around Deluxe Bee size judging by the size of the figures and the size of the hands in the video. Definitely a fan of the size, hope they revisit Seaspray and Huffer down the line. One positive thing I have to say is that i'm so happy they fixed the arms on Brawn.

I was really bummed when these were first revealed and they showed the arms with what looked to be no balljoint in the shoulder and the forearms with a balljoint mounted into the upper arm. There was no arm articulation at all. One bad thing though is that as with Rager the head cowl on Brawn seems to be a difficult thing to for them to get around as the head is recessed a bit too far to really get at. Oh well, i'll just drill another hole a bit further up like I did with Rager, courtesy of Shadow Panther's post in the Radicon's. Really looking forward to owning these now!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Nice to see they fixed the shoulderproblem with Hench. He's now definitely on my wishlist. Still not sure about Ufo, but maybe I'll give in and order him too.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hench looks like a pain in the ass to balance.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome, can't wait.

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Hench looks great! Is it just me, or does it look like the shoulders should be rotated 180 degrees and flip the arms around?

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    those transformations are much more complex than i thoguth they would be

10. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

These both look awesome! I agree a size comparison would have been nice, but simply gauging size based on how large the figures are in the presenters hands does the job. Going to pinpoint my fav of the two as 'Not' Cosmos even though his transformation is (as it always is and probably always will be) simplistic. Love the bubble dome, the fact that he comes with his own flight stand, and the big bulky arms/legs. I feel they captured his G1 look perfectly while also bringing something new and dynamic to it- as any good 3rd party toy should strive for. Another masterpiece set IGear! Now we just need Not Ironhide/Not Ratchet and all will be right with the world.

11. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree he looks very Back heavy but who knows until the final product comes out.

12. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I know people are complaining about the prices, but the Fansproject Insecticons were $50 each stateside, so technically these IGear mini-deluxes are a good price at $36.

Hench looks bigger than the Deluxe Bumblebee, so size-wise I think it's fairly accurate. Can't wait for them!

13. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    whats up with the music?

14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I just pre-ordered Brawn but am not sure on Cosmos as he's nice but too Classics-ish in the way he's been reimagined.

15. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Getting more and more excited by Hench. Will fit nicely with Classics Bumblebee, Classics Cliffjumper, and Generations Warpath.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to Brawn, still not too sure about Cosmos though given that I have the legends... well my brother is getting hi, maybe I'll fiddle then decide there. Brawn though-DAMN he's gonna be cool.

its awesome.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I know..... Its the same dam song they always use on these asian transformation videos.

18. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    These look great, but I have been putting off ordering them, because I am not too pleased with iGear at the moment. I have been a huge fan of their product since the beginning, and I have almost everything they have made (Transformers-related). However, awhile ago, I bought a Faith Leader, and only the second time transforming him recently, one of the red panels that pulls one of the sliders that moves his fist out snapped when I (gently) moved it. I was pretty upset, but I immediately e-mailed iGear to see if there is anything they could do (swap him out, send me a spare arm piece, something). I really want to fix this guy, but they have never responded. I have now e-mailed them 5 times, and not one response, despite me nicely trying to tell them that they may lose a good customer if they do not at least send me some sort of response.

Now I am conflicted- I have been looking forward to UFO and Hench since they were teased, but I feel like stopping purchasing from iGear due to their lack of customer service. I am even considering buying from an online retailer so my money doesn't go directly to iGear (like I have always done before) but I know that is kinda dumb because in the end, they got a sale.

Has anyone had a similar experience from dealing with them? Or has someone had a similar issue but they resolved it well? I just don't know what to do at this point. Is there a better way to reach them besides sending a sixth e-mail saying the same thing? Frustrating, and annoying.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    IGear is horrible at customer service, your best bet is to go through someone like BBTS or RK.

As for the figures themselves, I may be onboard again, at least for Hench that is. The redone arm articulation worked wonders for him and has me wanting him again but UFO I'm not so sure about. He still looks good but doesn't look to hold very well in saucer mode.

We'll see I guess.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Brawn looks awesome. I think they did some clever stuff with the engineering.