iGear TF-001 City Commander Upgrade Restock

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Billzilla, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Pretty sure this was just added to iGear's store:

Wreckers Leader Upgrade Package
    Contains:
    Ultra Magnus head×1
    Combinable war hammer ×1
    Big gun×1
    Shoulder cannon×2
    Sword×1
    Flag×1
    Poster×1

In stock now for $59.99

Here's the link:
    IG-TF001

Might not be a restock, but I don't remember seeing it there before. I mean I know it's old, but I think it's been out of stock for a while. If I'm trippin' ignore me.

Attached Files:

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that thing's been up there for a long while, just buried in the back pages of their site.

Incidentally, I did happen to buy this from RK and it's not a bad upgrade set at all. The missiles snap on the shoulder blocks tightly, plus the gun and hammers (neat engineering on the hammers especially to make them combine-able) are awesome. The flag is serviceable, while the sword is nothing too special.

The disappointment (aside from the steep price) lies in the new head; it's smaller than the stock head and doesn't match the FP aesthetic at all (the scuplt is strange too). I went with the (blue-eyes) Dr. Wu face plate instead on the stock head.

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

$60? WTF? Do they realize the entire CC set was only $17 more when it was released than their rip-off head and weapon set?

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ The price is probably the biggest stumbling block to most folks buying this (that and FP releasing their own add-on set separately and included with the CC armor), and why it's still available.

That said, it's a decent set but not worth the full $60 (I know BBTS clearanced this for considerably less way back when). I just wanted the (more G1 accurate) missiles, big gun, and hammer but that's just me (that and I had to pad my RK purchase pile over a certain amount of money to get their Shadow Microns promotional giveaway).

And to be fair, FP sets their prices much lower than most 3Ps because they can (and because they're awesome XD).

5. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I bought this quite som time ago, and to be honest the only decent bit was the hammer, and to be frank it was not that good. You have to keep three seperate handles for it to transform, the head swing lose in the two hammer mode, and all the handles only fit the in the comander armor's hands.

6. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    I have this set and it is pretty decent. I liked that the missiles are more G1 accurate and the gun is nicely done. I wasn't a fan of the hammer or the flag. I know it was big in the other series, but I just didn't relate to it all. If anyone wants to buy the set off of me minus the shoulder missiles and gun, I will sell them to you for $30. **shameless plug** Just throwing it out there.

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Can I make a request of pictures? Namely, the head next to Alt Prime. Probably can figure out where I'm going with that.

8. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Not a restock... It's been there since last year. I couldn't buy it for that price.

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like the hammer, but not for $60.

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    is this the set wherein it looked like the head was melted?

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I was just about to post some shit about the ridic price of this thing...but then saw I already did 4 months ago so my work here is done.