iGear Stinger (NOT-Bumblebee) and Rocky (Not-Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Wow, those are beyond awful looking... somehow even worse than Cosmos which I didn't think could be possible. After how amazing they did with Brawn, Beachcomber and even Gears, I'm blown away that they missed the mark so bad on these new ones (inclusive of recent Powerglide & Wheelie reveals).

2. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think they look awesome and I can't wait to get these two on pre-order

3. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I'll take a Cliffjumper now.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    It's weird how divisive these are. I thought UFO was one of the best ones IGear released. Powerglide and CJ look spot on, and Bee could do with a new head. Wheelie is a tough one, as the G1 figure is awful and the animation has an awful lot of cheats, but I like this version.

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ iGear is by its very nature divisive (throw in some shady business practices) . XD Seems popular to dump on their products just as it is to place FP stuff up on some golden pedestal.

Folks should keep in mind these are just 3D renders, not the final products. Things can change between now and later (just look at Hench's face sculpt, which was changed on the final product, along with his shoulder joints). iGear may very well hear the criticism and improve upon the molds.

Hench was decent but wasn't amazing (his head kibble and changed sculpt still bug me). UFO is actually a cool and fun figure, but his face sculpt (also changed) and neon colors left me scratching my head in spite of my liking the overall mold (his clear plastic stand I gave to G1 Ratbat for a flying pose). Different strokes and all but I'm generally a fan of the MW line and want to see it succeed.

6. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Personally, I'm not liking them. Way to much g1 toy car and not enough G1 animated character. No IDW/Dreamwave character look either. Way too similar to a pretender toy as well.

At this point I'll stick with My Artfeather Bumblebee and Classic Cliffjumper w/Fanproject headsculpt. Hope to turn my classics bumblebee into a Bumper if the RENDERFORM yellow head would ever get released again. (Really want one)

I might purchase these if they repaint the mold and add new heads for Hubcap, Glyph, or Bugbite just to get the mold. My main problem is the molds don't really present the characters in a better way than previous ones did. Doesn't mean it won't work as a different character.

^THIS... SO, THIS!

7. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I definitely think BB needs a new head, and CJ's is really very good. I think that Wheelie's head needs to be a little larger. I'm totally fine with Powerglide. My issue is that these are going to be goofy looking if they're as big as Hench. I think Hench was awesome, but he looks kind of low end at the scale in which he was released. His hands are blocks with weapon holes in them, and there is a ton of room for wrist swivels and added articulation points. I'd totally be on board for these to be the same size as Classics Bee if, and only if, the engineering was upgraded to match the scale. Maybe have these figures, as they are currently designed, top out at the height of UFO or RTS Windcharger? I've ordered every single one of the MW's, and I really hope they step it up a bit design-wise in order to compete with the more recent third party stuff like the Demolition Crue from Mech Ideas. Those are deluxe-scale toys with nice and plentiful articulation for 36 bucks each.

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a big fan of the bumblehead, hope they change it, to more cartoon accurate

then I hope they change the head to give us Goldbug

both will be bought for sure

and YES CLIFFJUMPER the closest to a G1 cartoon accurate toy to date

These are so bought for my boy !

Now if I could only get a cartoon accurate WINDCHARGER as well. things would be good !

BUT is there anyone else to do ? besides repaints ?

really hoping for this line to continue with the throttlebots !

9. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    These are kinda rough for me, hopefully they can clean these up.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hmm. A Glyph would be tempting...

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My continued reaction to these is a wish that their guts are a little sucked in. But the G1 toys are very similar to this so I'm torn. Still interested in purchasing these regardless.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    To be fair, though, a couple of little cosmetic head or face changes from these renders to finalized toys still won't change those absurdly frumpy body proportions. And that seems to be the main issue people have with these more so than the head/face sculpts.

13. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...And just like that, this fangirl is made to squee^^
    BOUGHT.
    BoughtBoughtBoughtBoughtBoughtBoughtBOUGHT
    Put up the orders so I can give you my money, and PLEASE be the same size as UFO and Hench! ^^

14. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

Lol, well I LOVE YOU IGEAR keep them all coming and thank you for the great work

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tap-Out and Bug Bite would be the most tempting recolors for me. I'd have to buy TWO Big Bites, and paint one to have an eye patch and have SG Decepticon symbols! Tally Ho!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something like this please...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Aren't these supposed to serve as MP Minibots? A lot of these guys have looked pretty good, but it feels like iGear really dialed it in on Bumblebee. Of all the characters to drop the ball on... but an official MP Bumblebee seems inevitable. CJ really highlights that BB's biggest problem is really that head, but the proportions and curves are all just a little on the derpy side.

18. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Actually they're supposed to be classics minibots, not masterpiece, as far as I know. The current run is about Scouts sized so they come up about midway on the average deluxe - which is about the size the minibots tended to be in the cartoon, overall.
    A MP Bee and Cliff would likely be the size of the TFPrime deluxes... which is too big for me and how I tend to display my toys ^^

19. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That looks great! I'd definitely consider repaints and retools more than another BB. Glyph and BugBite for sure! How about a Bumblejumper too?

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    A Bumper reshell I'd consider, if I didn't already have a 3P head on a Classics Bumblebee. That alt mode actually fits him better than any other use of the mold save Hubcap, and I have that head too, on the HFTD black stripe version.