Igear presser update

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So how many characters are igear working on now?

Seriously they need to stop banging these teasers out and actually release all they have teased already.

2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Nice to see some evidence that the project is still alive, I'd sooner this got released before their Dinobots.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    iGear needs to move on the Dinobots. Once the FoC versions come out (still rumour) iGears sales are dead in the water. The only way they will stand a chance is if they are all Voyager sized and don't follow the high prices of the PP line.
    EVEN if Hasbro releases all 5 Dinobots at deluxe and iGear goes Voyager I would not be able to justify not buying $15-20 figures for a slightly bigger version at $100+. The only way I would consider it is for Grimlock and Sludge but then only if they mix well with the FoC look.

To me FoC = Classicverse for figures with earth modes only and Cybertronian modes only (Dinobots and Shockwave) So it isn't even like I can put one set with Classics and another with FOC. I'm just buying two sets of FoC versions.

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks very much like a retooled Warpath...

Really should put this figure besides their Ratchet/Ironhide figures...

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No they don't.

I'd much rather they continue doing characters with personalities. Characters I give a shit about.

Dinobots and Devastator are so over-hyped.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    :jawdropper:  I have a feeling that most of the fandom will disagree with you and I can say with confidence that I do disagree with you. lol

That being said, Devastator has been taken care of and with the rumours of MT MP Dinobots and FoC Dinobots I think they are very well covered as well.

I think iGear will have a cash cow on their hands if they focus on The Wreckers. I only know of them in concept but they are G1 and I want them.

7. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Looks great, and very promising! For those saying he's just a retooled Warpath, I'd wait for in-hand reviews first (such as a transformation video) before passing judgment. Remember the drama caused by those claiming (wrongly, as it turns out) that the PP05 van brothers ripped off the Inferno/Grapple mold's shoulder bits, and then the transformation video that was released not too long ago proved otherwise; that it was indeed all original and brand new molding and transformation engineering? So yeah.

Keep up the original stuff, iGear, and I can't wait to get the PP05 figures in my mitts and into my collection!

As for Presser himself, he's neat but I'm still on the fence dropping cash on comic-only characters/figures. The IDW Wreckers are cool and all but I'm wondering if iGear will tackle a true IDW Roadbuster (the Classics version is way too small IMHO; he needs to be at least Voyager size if not Ultra) as their next project after Presser and the not-Dinobots.

iGear indeed has a lot of projects on their plate, and as far as I know, the only figures they failed to deliver (thus far) were the Nemesis playset (considering all the bad press the Ark playset got I'm not surprised they ditched the Nemesis one), PP02 Horror Monarch (too difficult to downsize MP-05, I'd wager), and the not-Sharkticons (dunno what happened with these guys)? PP05 is coming, they've just been pushed back to April. PP04 is still in the works.

It looks like Presser's just got a lot of teeth and tongue (do Cybertronians have tongues? XD), and since it's still an uncolored prototype, the details of the mouth get lost with all the gray. XD He's definitely shouting with an open-mouth angry expression (after zooming in on the photo).

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Search Results - TFW2005

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Looks cool. But not for me. I don't really know who this guy is.

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anybody know how much this is going to cost?

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    They claim he will be large voyager so lets hope it is closer to $70 then $120 they are charging for PP05. Then again they want $100 for the Ninja chick and she doesn't even transform.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I actually agree with SPLIT LIP here. They singularly fail to excite any kind of emotion in me - I don't actively dislike them, I just don't care and find the levels of adoration for them bewildering. There's so damn many Transformers, I can't see what makes them stand out from the others in a positive way. Is it because they had a rivalry of sorts? Any kind of character at all beyond "dumb" or "brute" (or both)? Or am I coming at it from the wrong angle?

I recently picked up the first two parts for the Maketoys Constructicons, and found myself being much more excited to have a group of constructicons than the big guy. :lol 

13. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Man, I've wanted Impactor since he debuted in the Target 2006 story way back when I was much much younger ( I actually believed he was based on an a real toy!). When I saw the teaser pic for him last year, I was blown away and truth be told, that's what drew me into the 3rd party realm. Now, after getting Hercules (Which I love), I'm eagerly awaiting Impactor. But I have to say, I really would love to see the Dinobots come out also. My gut feeling though, is that Hasbro will come out with them next year. The fact that they are doing the Combaticons, gives me a good feeling. And even though I love the 3rd party products, I'd rather pay $15 per Dino than $100 for a 3rd party one.

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    Well now that i have tfc devy this is my most anticipated figure, i am so happy they are making this :) 

15. siksky1

siksky1 A boot ur mum

Ebay:
    This looks great but I cant get excited cuz I have yet to see the finished Ratchet/Hide and I preordered months ago, didnt release in Dec. then they say Feb. its half way over and still no word from iGears...no more preorders from me

16. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just wait for this got sale...

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I want two, so I can make Zombie Impactor.

18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Different heads.
    Slightly bigger than Warbot Defender
    Price unannounced
    Same basic transformation as Warpath, completely new molding for every part of the figure, not a retool. As I said, bigger.
    PP-05 uses a similar hinge to Inferno on a shoulder panel, in the same way that most car door hinges or finger articulation are similar.

Ironhide / Ratchet are very near / in production
    Presser is in tooling still, getting close though, might see a video soon?
    Dinobots (plural) still conceptual, but planned
    Sharkticons design completed middle of last year, in tooling

19. MovieGodOptimus

MovieGodOptimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Igear: Can't make up it's mind when it comes to releasing Not-Impactor or the Not-Dinobots, first!

20. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, even though I'm going to get Impactor but not the Dinobots I want the Dinobots released first. That gives me more time to save up for Impactor. :wink: