iGear Presser Size?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyberglyph, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Cyberglyph

Cyberglyph I am the Nightshade

News Credits:
    Have they said how tall he's going to be yet?

2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Last I heard he was supposed to be a bit taller than Warbot Defender.

3. Cyberglyph

News Credits:
    When was that?

4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A few months back one of the members who knows the iGear people mentioned it, I can't remember exactly when it was though.

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks very similiar to generations Warpath so I assume same size

6. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

That was disproved by the iGear "insider". There are a few similarities to Warpath but it's a new mold which is bigger.

7. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    and where is it already???? It has been over a year since they first posted images of it - my Wrecker display is getting anxious!!!

8. Cyberglyph

News Credits:
    So, about voyager class?

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice, hopefully it proves true. But personally I don't expect to see Presser for a good 2 years at least with the rate PP05 and the rest of the Mini Warriors are going at.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Yep, it should look awesome with Warbot Defender ( Springer ), Warbot Assaulter ( Broadside ), CM Corporation's Mugen Calibur ( Roadbuster ) and the Mech Idea Wrecking Crue ( Topspin & Twin Twist ).

Only real drawback I can see is iGear are making it. I love their stuff but the delays to Ironhide & Ratchet have really knocked their already shaky reputation and it throws a considerable amount of doubt around their future projects.

I'm hoping they can bounce back from the setbacks and deliver an awesome Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn & Cosmos and then move forward from there.

They already hinted at making other Wreckers with the "Last Stand" headsculpts so it would suck if they never got to manage it.

11. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Speaking of iGear... where's NOT Ironhide/Ratchet already?! They promised before end of July... I mean literally PROMISED!

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    oh i do believe its a new mold, but it does pretty much use the warpath transformation scheme. its like they designed him around the skeleton of warpath

i really hope this comes out, its the only igear thing i am tempted by

13. Cyberglyph

News Credits:
    Yes, I've always liked their products, but their delays are just crazy.

14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with that and I think it only gets brought up as a negative thing because of iGear having previously "borrowed" a couple of official molds.

Plenty of official Transformers have similar elements in their transformation sequences but when iGear do it some people ( not you btw ) think it's a form of blasphemy :lol 

Who cares where they got the transformation from, it's a better looking Impactor than a crappy FOC retool!

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To speak objectively, this is because when Hasbro borrow transformation sequences, they borrow their own transformation sequences. It's all their own material. When iGear does it, they are copying someone else's material.

To use a comparison, when an artist copies his earlier material, it is okay because he is not stealing someone else's work but just making use of his own portfolio. Where as another artist tracing someone else's work is copying. There are degrees of how much you follow this idea, but the basic concept remains the same, that they are taking someone else's property for their own ends.

Let's not make this another trip down the well-worn road of whether or not iGear's material is more or less acceptable for their borrowings though, it's been done to death.

Presser as a Voyager or larger is a disappointing turn. I was hoping for a Deluxe sized figure to better fit with my other toys. Larger might work, but I dislike big toys. Deluxe sized or a Beast Wars Voyager size are my ideal sizes for stuff.

16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I never really bother about that kind of stuff though, as long as someone makes a decent representation of a character for a price I consider acceptable I'll buy it....which is why I am virtually 3rd party only at this point.

Fair enough on the scale as it relates to your collection but one of the reasons I've lost intrest in official TF's is the fixation with Deluxes of increasingly small scale.

17. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the iGear are evil IP thieves thing has been done to death. Look, they do what they do and people still buy their stuff.

As far as Presser's transformation scheme goes, sure it looks similar but until we get the thing in our hands it's just speculation. (Looks like all new molded parts to me rather than building on a Warpath skeleton though.) Reminds me of how this one guy kept insisting that the shoulder panel transformation engineering for PP05 was ripped off of the Voyager Inferno mold, even when some proto test videos revealing the transformation showed otherwise.

Presser being stated as being a little taller than FP Warbot Defender (which itself is a smallish Voyager) works for me. Impactor was the founder and original leader of the Wreckers, after all, and Springer was his subordinate and eventual replacement. I like the fact that he's a bit bigger for that larger-than-life angle his character has. iGear can't make this guy fast enough though. XD

18. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    THIS!!

19. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

It's as large as your imagination wishes it to be, because for the foreseeable future, that's the only place it will exist. :p  Even if Presser was their number-one priority release from this moment on, I'd be shocked to bits if they managed to release him before 2015.

20. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Eh, me and my impactor fetish are still waiting.