iGear PP01 Faith Leader Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Apr 29, 2010.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Peaugh,

I've been concerned about loose joints, particularly the telescoping leg joints; and people on ACToys appear to be talking about the plastic quality/texture. That said, are there any significant shortcomings or minor annoyances that we should be aware of?

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    2 guns, 2 heads and 2 sets of hands is pretty sweet. I was kind of hoping he'd be a good replacement for classics Prime but this guy seems too big for that. On there website they show that his head sits higher than even City Commander

On the other hand he might be a cool replacement for MP Convoy since he's kind of big compared to Starscream and Grimlock

3. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

I am so happy I didn't shell out any money on the Robot Masters oversized KO. As soon as my wife isn't looking I am so ordering this. And just to clarify, I am not a P-wipped. Fact is I just bought a 42" plasma and am just alittle gun-shy still.:lol 

4. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

will they be getting more in stock soon?

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As was noted earlier, the second pre-order period will open in June, for a July ship date.

6. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    if you buy a preorder do they bill your card right away? or are they like bbts that do not bill your card till item arrives in?

7. Pathless

Pathless Autobot Deceiver

Ebay:
    hi, where do you get the mini mp prime? thank you

Pathless

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Igears website is where you would get them as it seems that no stores are carrying them? or not that I have yet to see anyway.

9. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

wow! the interchangeable hands and heads was a very cool touch. i was never able to get a masterpeace prime. i might half to snag this. i was WOWED when i saw how tall he was next to grimlock.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Peaugh, sir- you pretty much MADE my frickin' day! :D 

I LOVE this! :D 

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    You get both. Regular MP type gun for the figure, plus one with a standard peg for the Classics Prime.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Honestly, it FEELS cheaper at first just because it's not the full diecast MP version, but after playing with it it's nice and sturdy and a lot of fun. As for the sliding legs, I can honestly say that these operate much better and smoother than either of my official MP Primes ever did. Also, the left arm communicator seems random. Of the two I got, Bumblebee is on the right arm, but on mine he's got Prowl on his left communicator, while the one going to Jen has Jazz.

Minor annoyances: The head still likes to pop off during transformation, just like on the original. The cartoon accurate head won't transform into the cab in truck mode, so you either have to remove it or swap it for the original head. The fully articulated hands, as mentioned, are similar to how the hands on Gundam kits pop together, and are just as prone to popping apart at the knuckles. Overall they're pretty sturdy, but I have had the tip of Prime's index finger pop off a couple of times when going from a fist to an open hand. If you want to play with it, leave the stock hands on. If you want to pose him and leave him on a shelf, the fully poseable hands will work great for that. All VERY minor things, though. Once you get used to the feel of an all-plastic version, he's awesome.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to hear folks like him, he is not for me though, I like the real MP Prime the way he is.

14. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I might actually pick up one of these guys. Will BBTS be getting him in?

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I think a lot of the usual places are avoiding this one due to possible issues with Hasbro. Ordering from overseas is the only way I currently know of to get one.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks very good and I like the scale, but I can't justify paying that kind of coin for what is essentially a good-quality knockoff of an item I already own.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great, thank you sir!

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess I waited to long because now I can't find it anywhere. I hope the second batch is coming soon because i'm officially sold.

So Peaugh, since your pretty much the official transformer reviewer, do you pay for figures anymore? You should get them free with all the business you create.

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Hmm... I am curious, you know how MP Prime has the mouth behind his mouthplate? Does this version go into THAT much detail as well? if you can see it... it's so hard to even notice it on the original version without destroying the head...

Either way, I need one of these.

20. evilmonkeys

evilmonkeys loves him some G1 Jetfire

Yeah, I'd plunk down a Franklin for one of these. Here's another request for some place to buy it from aside from iGear. Anyone have any suggestions?