Igear new prototypes pics !!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! they look better than the real star scream. The extras look awsome. I am really trying not to buy these, but its getting more and more tempting indeed. Must not give in,........must not give in.........crap.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is really the only change on the I gear Screamer the leg mod that fans can pull off by popping the sides off their ball joints and plugging them onto the legs? wow Unless thats going to be Sunstorm thats f**king lazy as well as totally pointless considering you can get the normal Screamers for less then 3rd party stuff

3. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I rather pay for an Igear Screamer with G1 paint without the battle damage with the fixed leg mod unlike like the Hasbro version.

4. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think hasbro/ takara need to hire some of these guys to do some real work. Maybe they can learn something from igear, fansproject or tfc.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure if hasbro only made 1 deluxe toy every 3 months and then charged £65 for it regardless of it passing toy safety laws or not you would get a product far better then any 3rd party item but I don't see many kids liking that and I dont see any store wanting to stock them.

I'd advise reading the article from last years botcon (or maybe sdcc) about how much they need to test and change designs to meet toy laws and make them suitable for mass market before hating on Hasbro who IMO work wonders

6. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im sorry but if u havent noticed 3rd party products are NOT made for kids,they r made for adult collectors

7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol@ Macncheese.

Igear learning from Hasbro? we're getting trolled so hard

8. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm, one worry I have is whether or not these guys will be able to stand or not? They're always on the display stands and I know that just popping the tail fin piece on the legs forces you to really spread the seeker molds legs apart to avoid the tail fin piece from touching the ground first. And it doesn't look like that part is shortened at all...

9. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    If you look at their website, they have shown the prototypes standing on their own flat feet.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    It just saddens me that they are clearly getting away with ripping off Hasbro/Takara designs. :( 

They do look nice though, but the do-gooder-boyscout in me is going to pass on all of it.

I'll save up my cash for that more than awesome Devastator coming out.

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol... but that Devastator is also a ripoff. How could you justify one ripoff and not another?

12. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Simple. Not-Devastator features completely new design and engineering. iGear's Optimus/Seeker molds are just downsized Masterpiece figures, with some simple retools for the coneheads that were first designed by one of the Radicons here. Thus, iGear's intellectual investment is virtually non-existent.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    But they are both rip offs. How can you just draw a line? I mean I completely understand your guys' point of view. Believe me I do. But a ripoff is a ripoff. It doesn't matter how much original engineering is behind a project. Why discriminate?

I just don't understand how someone can say that they're saddened by iGear getting away with ripping off Hasbro and then saying that they're going to buy a product from another company that essentially is ripping off Hasbro as well. Makes no sense.

14. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmm...my experience with iGear tells me the plastic quality will be in question. Anyways, it is a matter of time before the discussion of supporting bootlegs or whats nots will surface.
    And there will be someone that will chip in later by saying "Hasbro knows about it and there are blah blah blah blah blah..."

The drivel continues and it has been discussed to death in other threads of similar vein. Can we just discuss the merits of the toys alone? Like an uncontrolled fire, this is gonna propagate into a few more pages of banter or fiery retorts until the the admin or the mods hand our asses to us.

*end of rant.

Cheers.

15. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

^There we go!^

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was only planning on purchasing the coneheads but looks like I might have to replace my Hasbro / Takara sets with these seekers. Sucks because this is how HasTak had it before they went in F'ed it up with the hip attachments.

18. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

the only thing that saddens me brother is the fact that these 3rd party companies continue to give us hardcore fans what we want and has/tak seems content with flooding the market with rehashes...i know they got to make money blah blah blah..but im not a kid anymore and i expect to see well put together/improved designs/etc...i could care less about the money or if its not/or is marketed to kids i just want new improved designs and less rehashes...as long as these 3rd party compaines continue to give me "a fan" what i want i will continue to buy from them...i dont hate has/tak and they continue to bring new things to the market i just feel they arent in it for the fans as much as they are in it for the dough....maybe this will be the year i see has/tak change it around....L8s

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Its probably because one is just a "rip off" of the character itself, but is a completely original design in terms of engineering. While the other "rip off" is not only a rip of the character itself, but the engineering and design as well.

Personally when I speak of "copying", I always mean in terms of engineering and originality, excluding of following the same "lore" (which in transformer's case, would be reoccuring characters as part of the "lore")

20. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This may have been addressed already, but have they alluded to whether or not the nose cone radar will at least be in the F-15 mold? I can completely understand if it has to be omitted on the cone head molds for proper spacing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.