Igear new prototypes pics !!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

Wow that's shitty! The size of your balls! You take an artists work and hand it off for mass production. How much did they pay you? Do you sleep well at night?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's very low, Lord-starscream. And lower for igear as well.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, they go right on the MP Ultra Magnus toy, or they also fit on MP Optimus Prime...

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If this is true, to bad it would still get produced and the fandom would still buy it. If it is true, I would hope they give Anemis his due compensation. If not, I have his back 110% to do what I can.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've been seeing a lot of pre-orders for the Conehead seekers on ebay.
    I really want a set, but I hate waiting forever on pre-orders that don't show.
    Plus, I kind of want to complete my original seekers before plunging into the Coneheads.

6. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I can't even begin to understand why this Lord-Starscream guy would come on here and say that he did that. What was he expecting? Congratulations for knowing what the next PP product was going to be?

7. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

DON'T Pre-order on eBay, unless it's due out within like two weeks. You're just asking to be ripped off. I lost around $300, and a friend lost around $2000 pre-ordering stuff from a guy who had a good track record, and then all of a sudden decided to steal everyone's money and run off.

8. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    If you want to pre-order the coneheads, your best bet is through Robotkingdom. So far, that is the only channel I've seen where I would be willing to send my money. I ordered my mini Nemesis MP directly through iGear and the packaging was shit. The toy box got a nice dent in it. RK will most likely package their stuff a LOT better, like they have done for other stuff I've ordered from them.

As for pre-ordering ANYTHING on Ebay? Yeah... no. Don't do that. Ever.

9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed on all :) 

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Hey Cheem did you get my PM?

11. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry, I could never knowingly in good concience take something I bought that was designed and made by someone, and turn around and turn it over to be copied, whether in a different scale or not, for a profit that the original artist does not benefit from.

It'd be one thing for Mark or any artist for that matter to go on their own to see about getting their own product made and produced. I have no problem buying products like Fansproject and TF Club items, or even stuff from guys like Venksta or Mark like I have in the past.....

This still really ticks me off. I've bought from Igear the Kup head and the Arcee they are distributing for that guy making them. I did buy the coneheads, but knowing later on that the original artist doesn't benefit from this, I really wish I wouldn't have gotten these now.

I am still going to keep them at this point, but when I get a display up for all of my Masterpiece/Binaltech figures, I will make some signs for the coneheads, stickerwise, that will be on the bases and have his name on them.

- Gregg

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the figures aren't out yet so if you want to NOT GET THEM YOU TOTALLY CAN NOT GET THEM.

And this will be the same amout of support Mark get from most everyone else.

"Hey Mark really sorry they stole the design from you. Sorry I have one on pre order that I could cancel but hey I love the design so I will still buy it. But Mark, I will totally put a sticky note with your name on it OK? Cool?"
    LMAO
    Dudes this is plastic crack and most of us here are addicts. If they make it, we will buy it and ignore any and all ethical and moral issues connected to said figures.

13. sodawilly

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought Marks MP-1 trailer that has the electronics in it from his first run of those WAY back and also the first run of MP-2 trailers in a darker blue paint app finish. LOVE his work.

- Gregg

14. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main reason TT hasn't done anything, is likely because it isn't on their radar yet. I actually said that Igear would likely still go ahead and produce it (first post, please pay attention) and that people would like buy it. My main point was to give Anemis some recourse as to what he could do. I know the companies in Asia could give 2 shits if an artist over here kicks and screams about stuff. They will however start to take notice when the larger online retailers over here start cancelling orders because they recieved a legal document letting them know there will be legal action if they sell an artist's design. There is hardly any profit margin in toys, so retailers don't jack around with that shit. If they get hit in the pocket book they may reconsider. I wasn't assuming anything, I was just giving advice based on personal experience, not claiming to know it all (sounds like you got that all buttoned up.) I think it would be stupid to not do anything however. I also know there are a lot of dirt bags out there that would still snap this up knowing full well the story behind it. Igear will NEVER get a dime of my money, and I hope more follow suit.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes I do have the KNOWING IT ALL thing "ALL BUTTONED UP" It's both a blessing and a curse. But judging by the way you carry on in your rebuttle I'm sure you know the burden I carry.

And just to enlighten you. TT does know, Hasbro knows and they are doing ther only thing they can to slow KO groups down. They are going after the sites that sell their products. iGear has their own site and ships on their own. TT and Hasbro know the money involved to TRY and stop these groups far exceeds their losses.

The only compensation Mark can get out of all this is the knowledge that he created something worth stealing.

16. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its been on their radar since PP-01's first run. FACT!

I'm a fan SodaWilly, but I laughed at your post. Not you personally, just that for someone to knock iGear's "motives" but own their product, and have pre-ordered the Coneheads is funny. You aren't alone in this. Lots of people changed up their tune about iGear to get the SWEET Kup head.

I know Mark too, and LOVED his Magnus Trailer and Wheeljack's Coneheads as well. But I will also be getting iGear's Coneheads, and had Takara or Hasbro released Coneheads would THEY have copied WJ designs?

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think Mark made the coneheads (the name wheeljack is sticking out though) In regards to Mark, he made an UM MP upgrade kit that some dude sent to igear to get copied.

18. sodawilly

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is where I have a big problem. I work in sales, and stuff like that is WAY unethical.

- Gregg

19. fabexmax

News Credits:

LMAO!!!!!!!! I'm calling 8 different flavors of BULLSHIT on this guys post. Again, I have no reason to lie, but I know for a FACT that PP-04 IS NOT Magnus Armor :rolleyes: I have seen PP-04 from the sketch phase to the fabrication of parts phase, and Mark's trailer is no where on iGear's radar. Hahaha. Everyone is up in arms from a guy with 31 posts and 0 news credits speaking as truth. Put away the torches and pitchforks folks. FALSE!!!!!!

Predaking. NO WHERE NEAR BEING PP-05!

Simply put Lord Starscream is a shit talker, and doesn't know news. LOL.

The new stuff iGear is working on is all original (as original as you can get from mimicing cartoons and previous figures) stuff. I've seen it, I vouche, and just like I said with the MP Prime heads and the Kup heads you guys will LOVE LOVE the new stuff.

Don't worry Mark, you know I know you man, and if I knew they were straight up copying your design (which again iGear is NOT) I would have told them they should reach out to you, AND told you myself.

PP-04 IS NOT Magnus armor PP-05 is not Predaking.

20. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Sorry typo. I was fast typing. I will go back and fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.