iGear MW-03 Hench Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by ORIO, Oct 7, 2012.

1. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

The third installment of the Mini Warriors line is Hench. I was really excited about him, but he is okay at best because of some balance issues. I really thought Transformers toys have learned how to avoid this problem.

My photo gallery is located here: Facebook

iGear Mini Warriors MW-03 Hench - YouTube

Also, check out my channel at cakedup83's channel - YouTube. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Wrong forum...

3. caked-up

Sorry but my computer was saying the 3rd party forum was hostile and had been an "attack" page. It wouldn't let me go there. I do have a question though, why does tfw2005 segregate the 3rd party stuff? They are the only forum I know of that does that.

4. caked-up

Thanks btw for moving this thread over here for me.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we see Hench with the Bulkhead knuckle?

6. caked-up

I would love to show you, but I don't own that micron. If you want to donate/lend me one I am more than happy to show you.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Great review.

Just one thing, IIRC the doors were never on the arm. What they changed was the shoulder because the original version had limited articulation.

I'mma be honest, I walked in to your review expecting crap (you are new to me and a lot of reviews are crap) but what I got was something on par with what Peaugh would give us.

Thanks for the first Hench and UFO review and keep up the great work.

8. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the review! The loose ball joint for the head looks like it'll be an issue, but hopefully I can fix that.

I ordered this guy from TF Source and am waiting on the Beelzeboss Red Alert set to come in. With as long as the wait has been for that I might as well add Assualter :tumbleweed: 

9. caked-up

That must have been it. From what I remember it looked like the arms were more blocky and squared as if the door was on them. Either way I am glad they fixed it because he is much better now. If only they got the heels too. I am flattered that you say I produce stuff on par with the big guns of youtube TF reviews. I had a big smile from that.

I am certain I can fix it with some nail polish. I have Assaulter on Preorder through the Fansprojectcore store and I am excited, but mostly because I am ex-Navy. Broadside's original toy and character are kind of meh to me.

10. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Baltmatrix reviews iGear's MW-03 Hench

Hench was purchased at site sponsor TFSource and is a rather nice little guy. There is a rather major quality control issue though with the left arm as it falls out of the ball joint very easily.

iGear MW-03: Hench - YouTube

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine direct from Igear about half an hour ago and I must say he is pretty neat. Mine seems to have avoided the loose joint problems though the amrs do pop off, the reason it does this due to tightness when twisting the arm upwards.

12. caked-up

Well it is good to see that I might the only one suffering from the loose head. I can fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Mine arrived from TFSource today and has the same loose head issue. That really isn't bothering me though and even his left knee which is the only other loose part on his body doesn't bother me. I did hafta switch his hips out though because the hole on his crotch looked kinda ridiculous but that took about 3 seconds to fix.:lol 

14. caked-up

I am sad to hear that he has some of the same issues, but at least you could fix one quickly.

15. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you need to take him apart to tighten the head ball there are three screws that need removing, one in his back through the spare wheel and two hidden under the covers in his bumpers.

I think he's pretty cool and will fit in well with classics through to the beginning of the downsizing. He's definitely able to hold his weight for me.
    KING OF THE SCRAPHEAP!
    [​IMG]

16. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^^Ha! Awesome. Nice review caked-up, shame about the head and standing issues, but I reckon the overall look and transformation will keep the figure off my shelf and around my desk for a long while.

17. caked-up

Thanks and I agree.

18. nobudius

nobudius Well-Known Member

Cool review.

The tiny QC issues are real killers, but especially when it pertains to balance. It's discouraging b/c it's got so many components that I actually dig.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I should be getting mine on Saturday. Till then, i gotta know: are the lips as bad n person as they are in the pictures?

20. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, yes, it's not so much as the lips being a problem but his chin. it makes him look kind of like he's got a moustache. When I paint mine up I'll see about painting that bit black so it looks like an open shouting mouth rather than a gurn.