IGear MP not-Ramjet

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jarodimus, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That you think these scenarios are equivalent is laughable.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will buy this and all coneheads.

only thing i dont like so far is the nose cone fo the jet sticking out his ass basically.

3. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I like it... as I liked the last one. If I have the money, I will get them (all 3) as I would love to have the six seekers. I see how releasing figures like this may be deemed wrong, but I really don't see Takara releasing them themselves (not that that makes it any less wrong).

But if Takara does realease them, I'd buy those as well, and keep one in each mode. Simple.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Sunstorm damn it!! Sunstorm!!!

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm actually a little pissed they skipped the scaled-down Megatron. They would earn my business with a versus-two pack with him and Faith Leader.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  Do I at least get an "A+" for my efforts? :lol 

Look again, I'd say the mods make up more than just 5%.

I disagree, More times than not, by the time a GC add on is made, and released to the masses, the toy required is no longer in production, and if you want it, you have to get it from ePay or a private seller...so no money for Hasbro there at all.

So when customizers do the same thing, and sell on ePay, in return, making money, are you right there criticizing the customizer for doing the same thing? No you aren't.

O.K. I get it, you love FP. Cool. But, if they did not get written consent to make said add on, and apparently, they did not, thus the obscure names for their products (City Commander- Ultra Magnus, Warbot - Springer) then yeah, it's the same thing. Sorry....to a lesser degree?....maybe. But theft is theft....right?

Hasbro has a copyright on MP Coneheads?.....Really?....saweet!!...maybe we will get an official version then!

:lol 

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    In the case of the City Commander, yes, you had to resort to Ebay or private sellers to get a classics Magnus. However, when the combiner add-ons were announced both of the sets were still in stores for plenty of people. SO you either went out and bought a set for yourself or for yourself and others.

The difference is customizers AREN'T MASS PRODUCING THEIR CREATIONS. They either make ONE custom and decide to sell it off or they take comissions for a higher price due to it being made by ONE person.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Until iGear starts using a purchased HasTak MP seeker for every conehead they produce, this argument has no weight.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... is this going to be scaled down like the Prime one, or full size like MP Starscream? Also, chances are it'll be priced too high...

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    To the both of you, so what about when a customizer casts head, weapons, and even at times, whole TF's and sells them....you know, mass production/multiple copies....all that jazz.

What then?

11. Foster

News Credits:
    This will be the same size as MP Starscream.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Small pieces like Heads, guns, hands, etc. you can't buy in stores or in online retail and again you have to own the existing figures for the pieces to actually be of use. Casting and reproducing full-on figures, on the other hand, I'd be against. I mean didn't iGear also do that repro Sharkticon?

13. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    i've been wanting MP coneheads since day 1. as it is i have to say i'm a transformers fan first, and a has-tak loyalist second. I understand what that statement is and know exactly what it implies, but quite frankly these 3rd party manufacturers continue to serve a nitch of transformers fans that hasbro, for entirely legitimate business-related reasons, doesn't cover right now (G1 arcee, MP coneheads, quintessons, etc. etc.).

It's also hard to get around the fact that since their original G1 incarnations, the coneheads have identical bodies to the seekers, and it's remained that way all the way up to the classics figures.

It is also legal to do this in the place of business in which igear is situated (china). So what they are doing is perfectly legal in the laws and regulations which govern their region of the world. They happen to conflict with ours.

14. Foster

News Credits:
    I don't think the Sharktion has been released to date.

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If they're copying another mold and selling it, it's a KO. But, to be honest, I'd be less opposed if someone casted a part (head, weapon, etc) of something not readily available that was going to be used for an official product.

As someone else suggested earlier, it they were producing the parts to customize your own seeker into a conehead, I'd have zero issue with this. If they were taking a HasTak seeker and customizing it for you, I'd have zero issue with it.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That is good to know. I kept seeing the back-and-forth of "scaled-up, scaled-down," etc.

If it's the same size as MP Starscream, I'm all about picking him up!

17. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    I don´t like it.
    I mean he´s looking really good, but that´s not the point.
    The point is, that they copy a whole mold, change it a little bit here and there and sell the result as their own in a "partner project" (which is kind of dubious)?
    Na.. I don´t know if my money would be worth all this...
    Just dunno.

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I dunno, is it really so hard to stay civil with someone you disagree with? Sheesh.

19. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

I bought faith leader because it was cool to have a smaller master piece prime but this is ridiculous.

20. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

Here's my opinion on this whole issue, How i see it is that Hasbro/Takara have had a shit load of time to make Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge but instead all we have gotten has been a shit load of repaints of the same MP, like come on Sleep convoy, weird greyish/blue screamer and ghost screamer, this lack of effort could have been put to better use by making the cone heads them selfs but no they chose not to. I say good for iGear and I hope this is the kick to the nuts that Has/Tak needed to wake them up and realize that hmmmm maybe we should've done that. Good for you iGear and I can't wait to see pics of Thrust and get my hands on these figures, you have my pre-order.