IGear MP not-Ramjet

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jarodimus, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    with the cone head you'd have thought they'd have at least remolded the face from dull surprise. always was my least favourite facial expression on the mold, shame the starscream smirk doesn't suit skywarp

2. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    Because this is the internet. If they weren't bitching about this, they would be bitching about the shitty job hasbro did. Not bitching = not happy.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    [/thread]

I think it looks great.

To me, some of the rage feels misplaced... you're angry about a non hastak product for existing because hastak didn't make one...

EDIT: to stay on topic... if i come into some serious cash, seeing these makes me want a complete MP seeker set. if not, i may just have to pick my favorite. Either way, i will own one of the conehead seekers.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Meh, already got my piss out when Elegy was shown.

They'll keep doing what they're doing. Will screw over the garage companies sooner or later.......

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't care for the face of this, no matter who's making it.

6. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Oh boy.. some company is going to get sued..

7. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

[​IMG]

Man that looks suspiciously close to WheelJack's MP Ramjet same for the last one that we got a preview of. I wonder if he's working with them?

The Sector70 Lab

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I think its dope....isn't everything not made by hasbro and takara consider a KO?
    I agree hasbro need to move quicker, I don't wanna hear shit about $, becuz they got plenty of it.
    I'm sure hasbro lost a lot money on tuner mudflap,black scorponok,dlx ratchet...etc

But back on topic I think its dope...I would get this,but I ain't mp prices for it ;) 

9. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    So, I might be clueless about these, but I know their MP prime was a much smaller scale. Are the seekers MP scale or the smaller scale to match their mini-prime?

10. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i could be wrong but is ghost starscream the dead starscream? unless they reissue a mangled grey starscream that transforms to powder.

this non-ramjet is pretty cool. but i'm just looking, not buying.

11. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Reading is fundamental:

Plus, Wheel_Jack already responded in the other thread about Elegy aka not-Dirge.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not difficult to be "pretty far along" when the figure is mostly knocked-off with a few original parts stuck on the extremities. It's not like FP or one of the other garage kit companies that design and produce their own completely original molds.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Payton34...love your last quote....so true...

14. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all honesty, it's unlikely Hasbro or Takara are going to release Thrust/Dirge/Ramjet - they're just not memorable enough to be Masterpiece material. So far we've only had the four biggest names in Transformers. Convoy, Megatron, Starscream and now Hot Rod. Throwing someone like Dirge in amongst the legends just doesn't make financial sense.

However, this is a blatant reusing of a mold copyrighted and patented by Hasbro/Takara which is still in their use. The only difference is some minor retooling and a crappy cone on the head. If this was an 'add on' kit like we've seen for Starscream, with his crown and cape i'd have no qualm with it. Because it's an 'add-on' kit. This however, is reproducing an active TF mold that's being used by TakaraTomy, and that's why I take issue with it.

City Commander and Warbot defender were/are entirely new molds that either benefitted existing Hasbro/TakaraTomy product, or was a totally new mold in the case of Warbot. There's a major difference between that, and these coneheads.

15. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

I want this

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Word of advice:
    Give up now. You will be flamed for talking sense by everyone with an over-inflated sense of entitlement, just like we all were in the thread about KO-MP-But-It's-OK-because-Takara-clearly-deserve-to-have-their-designs-ripped-off-Dirge.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody should ask Hasbro about this at TFCon or SDCC & when their version will be out. :D 

18. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Like the Dirge figure they need to fix where the wings attach to the legs, so they can slide up the leg and not hang past the feet.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair call. I forgot what fandom I am dealing with for a moment there!

20. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Hey if Habsro or Takara are too stupid or lazy to give us fans what we want (which they have continually proved time and time again they are) then theres nothing wrong with people like this making these toys.
    Especially not when you look at all the so called tf "customizers" out there who rip people off on a daily basis with their over-inflated and over-priced ebay auctions. I dont see anyone bitching and whining at them, yet they are doign the same thing: Taking existing hasbro/takara molds (in many cases ripping off other customizers designs), painting them, adding a few extras or silly christmas tree LED's and selling them for over-inflated prices. So if they can do it, then why cant i-gear?
    Good on them i say and good luck, i just wish they didnt charge quite so much.