iGear mini warrior series poll

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Feb 23, 2012.

?

Which iGear Mini Warrior size would you prefer?

1. Stay the same....I want my minibots to stay MINI!!

37.9%
  2. Upscale....I want them to scale with my bigger figures!!

62.1%
  1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

You need to re-do the poll with more options. How bout legends (current size), scout (windcharger), small deluxe, regular deluxe. I want them bigger but just scout sized or just under deluxe bumblebee.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes, but your poll is extremely black and white, and I guarantee you many diff opinions.

People may want it bigger, ONLY if its the same price or not much inc.
    People may want it bigger no matter the price
    People may want it smaller because to keep it consistent with the first two release

Your poll is fine for fun, but NOT to gauge forum preference, because you are guaging it inaccurately by forcing the many choices into 2.

edit:: wasn't trying to be a jerk, but its just a poll that doesn't collect any accurate data in any sense, even if its for fun. At best, its misleading.

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I want them leader class with the same price point and engineering (as the legend size, of course.) ;) 

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh I forgot I was doing market research for iGear....doh.

It is black and white because there are no choices in size bar the two they are offering so no amount of guaranteeing others may wish another size will change that fact. You either prefer them as they are or you would prefer them that they are upscaling.....like the poll options say. It really isn't rocket science so no need to complicate matters. I maybe should have put a 'don't mind' in there but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You are not. But iGear does read these things, and even if it does not, its misleading to people. It's not about doing market research for them, its that your poll doesn't give a good indication of anything.

All I am saying is that your poll is sufficient for the members who "just want to keep it small no matter what" and members with "just want it bigger no matter what", but it doesn't take any members with in between opinions into account, which I speculate is a large amount of people.

See how many people "want it bigger" if its gonna be 40 bucks per minibot. For example. Its not about "complicate matters", its that you simplify it to the point of irrelevance

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    :banghead: 

There are no other options!! iGear have said they are upscaling, you either want that or you don't!! That's it! Prices aren't part of the poll it's seeing who prefers which side. Your overly complicating something that doesn't need complicating.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Have you considered people with the opinion of

"want it if its the same price or not much higher"?

In your first reply to me, you said that it was because of all the rage in the first thread, right? That thread has plenty of people saying and commenting on the expected price increase and how that will affect their decision.

There are also plenty of posts in that thread that expressed the desire for consistent scale minibots in the series.

How are these opinions of what people want, not necessary? How does that fit into your options?

Lets say someone have the thought of "I'd really like them to be upscaled, but ONLY if it cost the same amount. Otherwise, keep it small"? How does that fit into your poll options?

8. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Start your own poll then.

Mods please lock this one, it appears not to have all seventeen correct class sizes and fantasy price tags for ppl to argue further about.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Answer my question. How would someone like that, vote in your poll?

10. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It doesn't matter as there are two options iGear are offering. No amount of pontification will change this.

Pricewise is all conjucture and kneejerk guessing from a range of wildly differing third party companies pricing structures.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Upscaled.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    uh, my question was,

Lets say someone have the thought of "I'd really like them to be upscaled, but ONLY if it cost the same amount. Otherwise, keep it small"? How does that fit into your poll options?

How are you fitting that into the poll option? Should they vote yes they want to be bigger? or no?

No one is speculating what the future price is. But they do have opinion that, its not "bigger, and I want it bigger no matter what the cost is!" That's what I am trying to say.

And my own opinion, is that, "I don't mind if it's bigger as long as it's consistent and they re-release the last two, otherwise I'd prefer it to be the same". Which one would I vote?

Finally, what if there are people who are of "I don't care I am buying them no matter the scale"? What would they vote?

13. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Are you for real? Serious question.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IGear never said they were upscaling. They said the sizes will vary pretty much from figure to figure, like Spray and Rager.

I guess a more accurate poll would be "Maintain a consistent size" or "Make the heights vary based on alt modes"

Either way the poll keeps going back and forth so, for the first I seen, it's an almost 50/50 split opinion.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am being serious and not arguing for the sake of arguing. Because I do have an opinion that doesn't seem to fit in either of your options. Unless you think not enough people hold those opinions I listed?

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Deluxe scale and up.

17. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You could have fooled me. Your failing to read what I'm posting time and time again......this isn't a wishlist, this is a simple what do you prefer in what igear is doing. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course your opinion is valid but you also need to read and digest what others are saying. Two things may/may not happen with the line, this reflects that. You either prefer them as is or would like them bigger. Nothing more, nothing less. You want to ask a hypothetical question about another third party doing minibots and how big ppl think they should be then be my guest, either way it doesn't reflect on this particular situation as the size has already been set.

Make sense?

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Uh...yes, what you said makes sense. But what does that have to do with my concerns...? Yes, iGear gave 2 choices of larger or smaller.

But...I don't think in any of my previous comments to you, that I mentioned you should have a poll with the different sizes? Are you confusing me with another member here?

I didn't ask about "another third party doing minibots" either... so I don't understand why you brought that up, quoting me in reply to me, since I never said anything about either of those concerns.

Maybe I should clarify myself a bit more:

All I said in my previous posts on this thread, is that the poll should have more options than just bigger or smaller. I brought up valid concerns that people had. If iGear made the bots "bigger", and the price was increased vs. staying the same, people may base their desire for "bigger or smaller" based on that. In the same way, some may base their decision of "bigger vs. smaller" based on consistency with their previous products in this line, or other concerns. There maybe people who also don't care what igear decide to do, but still intend to buy the product.

In summary, I never said anything about the poll need more option on diff size, or consideration for another 3rd party's minibots. (I guess you are talking about Maketoys or transbot) I said the polls need more option because people may choose "bigger or smaller" as a preference with a "given" precondition.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I still didn't get an answer from you: if someone is saying

"I prefer it to be bigger ONLY IF the price doesn't exceed a certain amount, otherwise, keep it the same", how would they fit into your poll?

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    At the very least there should be a "don't care" option in the poll. Not everyone has such a black & white preferene.

And for the record my preference is blueberries. A big, glistening basket of fresh-picked blueberries. Yum!