iGear mini warrior series poll

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Feb 23, 2012.

?

Which iGear Mini Warrior size would you prefer?

1. Stay the same....I want my minibots to stay MINI!!

37.9%
  2. Upscale....I want them to scale with my bigger figures!!

62.1%
  1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    iGear mini warrior series size poll

Question in the title....would you prefer the current smaller size or the promised upscaled versions. Let's see what the general consensus is!

I've made my view perfectly clear, bigger = better for me.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are a lot of wants but no purchases so this won't be too accurate. I hate the idea of upscaling as there hasn't been proper minibots in a long time but If it goes according to what igear says I don't mind the variable heights from 3 to 4.7 inches depending on the character. The minibots in the cartoon were not the same height to each other.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I am torn. I actually don't mind the extra height and size, but having started collecting one thing advertised as mini-warriors, and I was happy for a matching range.
    I'll buy them either way.

4. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There should be a third option "doesn't bother me either way"

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I'm so glad I Gear decided to upscale these mini-bots. I wasn't planning to buy any if they were released as legends.

6. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would prefer them to stay Mini if they don't improve them, even more if they don't release new bigger molds for Huffer and Seaspray. Bigger sized bots would need better engineering and even more G1 accurate looks.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Its done now so there's not much point moaning about it further. regardless of what I'd have liked,, so long as make toys keep doing them small as well it's not a huge deal - but I liked the igear ones for having weapons.

So basically an existing line has been cancelled and replaced by a larger similar line. to be fair some people did actually have a point when they said the one they'd done already were insanely small next to their other products so looking at it from that point of view it does make a little more sense.

I certainly don't want cartoon accuracy all the time that results in horrible looking things like that Skyfire. It's more important that it's a good toy. I'd not want Pipes to have no proper hands for the sake of toy accuracy - sometimes the toy looks better sometimes the cartoon model so it requires a bit of tastes and common sense which parts to use. It for example always drove me crazy that Starscream's wing logos were upside down for no good reason. and I think medium-dark blue is a more handsome colour for Thundercracker toys. so slavish cartoon accuracy is not always a good thing - an example being iGear's own faux-Thundercracker looked much better with grey upper legs than with blue ones. and the dark green seeker was more attractive than if he'd been camo or bright dayglow green.

8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, not all the new figures will be larger. Some will be smaller. They are variable in size so no, this is not like getting a new line.

9. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Firstly, the size increase isn't that much. These guys will now be the right scale next to most Classics Deluxes instead of way too small, with the added bonus of working better next to Masterpiece figures and even Alts at a stretch.

Secondly, if you want Legends Minibots you will still be able to get them anyway from Maketoys.

So yup, definitely the right move to upscale them! :thumbs2: 
    Opinion on the subject is divided. I think the thighs being the same colour as the hips looks dreadful as well as being inaccurate :thumbdown 

10. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You assume people want to pay more for crappier designs by maketoys. Also how does a 3.1 inch figure scale nicely next to a deluxe?

11. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you want Legends, you have an option; that's all. Without this size change by iGear there'd be no other option for folks who think Legends are too small.
    Er, yeah, kinda the whole point.

12. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You didn't read IGears statement. At least one (if not more) of the future figures will be 3.1 inches. Kinda defeats the point you were trying to make:

The way I am reading it is there is no up-scaling. These figures will remain in scale with each other taking into account the various cartoon appearances. Even Rager and Spray aren't the same size.

13. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Couldn't disagree more with any of this. To me the seekers have always had the 'con logos upside down on their wings and always will .iGear's Thundercracker is absolutely perfect in colour, for me at least, too. The proto pic of iTC had blue upper thighs but the actual product has grey....not good in my eyes....so much so that when he does arrive I am fully intending to correct that mistake and paint them blue again.

But then I'm all for recreating the cartoon on a shelf.

14. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/15380starscream_1261559175.jpg

right on.

15. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The point which you were agreeing with by saying "how does a 3.1 inch figure scale nicely next to a deluxe?"?
    That's certainly a possibility. Not sure why Huffer gets to be at the shortest end of the spectrum if they're going by the cartoon. If they are indeed just varying the sizes across the range, for me it will mean some characters are better scaled (i.e larger) than others. Ignoring extraneous kibble that extends the height such as on Spray I would ideally like most of the Minibots to be more or less head to head.

16. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bigger.

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd like them to stay small.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upscaling is the only way these guys will be my first igear purchases.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    where is the "I don't care as long as they are consistent and the price remains the same" option?

20. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    There is no consistancy. It's a poll to see which ppl would prefer seeing as arguments are raging in the thread revealing the plans of change. Plus the point that they all aren't going to be a uniform height throws consistancy out the window. Price isn't an option as we know nothing in that respect.

You simply either prefer minis or not so minis. It's just for fun to gauge the forums preference.