IGear making VW Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by llamatron, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    How disappointing. I will not be getting this at all. His head looks stupid as fuck.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like the vehicle mode a lot, however I'm not 100% sure about the head being so similar to the Classics Legends Bumblebee as it currently is.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's still a copy. If you want a piece by piece copy, then just look at Faith Leader. Their Coneheads have a bare minimum of new parts, too.

Please don't compare iGear or Crazy Devy to Fans Project. It's just ridiculous.

4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

It's simple,

They're making items that Hasblo never will, just as the other 3rd party companies are doing.

Hasblo couldn't care less about supporting the line fully in my country despite it being a consistently good seller ever since G1 so I don't give a damn about who rips off their designs especially if they improve on them as iGear have done with Faith Leader and appear to have done with Bumblebee.

Were it not for the rise of the 3rd party companies I'd have stopped collecting TF's a while back.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    And why is iGear always singled out when other companies do exact same (live off someone else's intellectual property)? It's just as ridiculous.

6. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    that's all I needed to hear. Looks like I'll still be waiting for the PP BB

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    looks great, been waiting for something like this. head swap should be cake :) 
    ironically, isn't igear the guys doing "more accurate cartoon heads"?!?!?

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No, that's Crazydevy.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Because iGear has no imagination whatsoever.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Same goes with the other companies as they're borrowing all their ideas from the Transformers lore. And what do you say about the companies who are issuing straight G1 KOs? WST KOs? Classics KOs? iGear doesn't do straight KOs. They re-scale, add accessories, offer variants never offered by HasTak, etc.

11. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, they did an anime accurate Optimus Prime head and coming with an anime Megatron and comic Kup soon

12. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will compare them because they all do it. They worked off an existing figures look. Nothing about FPs bruticus upgrade was there original idea, they just upgraded Swindle and Blastoff. Nothing about crazy devys Predaking upgrade is original, they just upgraded the original look.
    Do you hate Justitoys toys as much because they shrunk the dinobots, Blaster, Shockwave and soon to be tripple changers? I own all of Justitoys figures and they are some of the best toys i own.. iGears did what alot of people wanted and that was to shrink Prime down to size so he was in scale with everyone else. So what if they copied the original full size, they still gave us a quality inscale version of MP Prime. Over priced yes but still a badass piece of work that i hope to get my hands on.

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:

My thoughts exactly .

14. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll just be glad when the mods take a stand and consider all of the 3rd party hate as trolling! The people who run TFW obviously don't have a problem with MOST 3rd party companies making Transformers figures so I don't understand why these negative types of posts are condoned? If you don't like it, keep it moving. There is plenty of Hasbro/Takara product to comment on. To each their own.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I just said it has nothing to do with that. FP and others take established characters, then design and engineer entirely new items based off of them. iGear simply alters the actual toys, and reproduces them. That is my point.

16. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Can I just say.....I don't think I'll get it because it's a Legends figure....Now please continue flaming.... :/

17. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Well said. People need to just stfu about stuff when it comes to these things. I mean if they think they can do better, mass produce and sell them, then go for it. But I think it looks really good even with no knee joints. The final product will look amazing imo. Also half the figures out are not "original" most are remakes or repaints or even just simple crappy upgrades. Give this company a break and the respect they deserve for atleast trying.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I actually kind of like this. I hope it turns out the same size as the original legends figure and I would like to have knees added, but I like it and might be interested. The decision to get it depends on a lot of things, though. ie price, paint apps, size etc

If they want to take the Rodimus legends figure and make him G1 accurate in both modes (added knees for him as well), I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

19. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It reminds of seibertron and how all there threads would turn out. Thats the main reason i stopped going to that site all together..

20. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

i actually like the classics mold better then the vw beetle its cooler looking but keeps his base style