Igear Herbie?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xion14, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    The Love-Bug Bite? Totally want a Bumble-Herbee.

Not sure if "Nemesis" Rager will happen or not. That's just a prototype. The orange was debated at a conceptual stage, but it was decided to be more of a straight black repaint.

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro needs to repaint classics bumblebee to Herbee :) 

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dang they painted the hub caps for black huffer. Should done that for regular one.

4. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Nemesis Huffer? Gimme!

5. Clutch

Clutch Member

As a fan of Bee and someone who grew up with Herbie, I should love this.

As a nitpicker and someone who knows the nuances of Herbie's appearance...it bugs me.

Namely:

-Herbie has a Sunroof (albeit this might look weird on BB's chest).
    -the 53 should be further down his hood, not dead center. This was so you could see the number clearly when the car was viewed from the front.
    -The blue stripe is supposed to be much wider than the red and white.

Otherwise...daww.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Is Herbie the same in all the Movie's he is in though - Maybe they had a different Movie for Photo Reference ?

BTW Has Disney ever said What Herbie actually is - i.e is he a ghost Possessed car ? or an example of some kind of Quantum based emergent sentience ? I vaguely recall him infecting other things with sentience like the Allspark did - I may have just dreamed it though... but other cars seemed to start acting odd when Herbie is about.

He's doubly appropriate to Transformers after Bay stole the whole post lake scene in 2007 and much of Bumblebee's mannerisms straight from the first Herbie Movie.

Heck in the 1960's Herbie even gets a "Tune-Up" and goes from Junker Herbie to speedster Herbie. oh and to any Transformer fan who's not seen the 1st 1960's Herbie Movie you should it should give you a good chuckle - even more so if you like Knight Rider as well.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes!!! :d

8. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Based? A couple? Five movies and a miniseries actually.

That!

Basically sort of. Only movie that he was REALLY different in was a made for TV film from 97 but he always had the cloth top sunroof.

Ummm, they said in the first movie...many things. That Herbie was one of the new beings that will take a turn on the earth that machines and other inanimate objects have an inner live and that sometimes it comes out. In the second film Herbie called an army of beetles to help him save an old firehouse he was living in. There was no real explanation for it really...except for that awful 97 film.

Ummm...no he didn't? First the first film was from 1969 and the second film was 1975 the third was 1977 and the fourth I believe was 1980 and in all those films he remained a stock VW beetle with the only changes being seats, a fog lamp, some racing tires for the third and fourth films and an external racing gas cap. In the first film his owner said he made some adjustments but he didn't really do anything, Herbie just learned to behave. Only film where he was upgraded was in that Lohan train wreck in 2005.

Anyway, enough Herbie nerd talk...well, not completely, my point is, if they release that, I'm buying two.

9. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

I love that Her-Bee is ripping off 3-4 massive companies at once: Volkswaggen, Disney and Hasbro/Takara. Ballsy.

That said WANT!!!!

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You misunderstand I'm not suggesting that Herbie exactly mirrored Bumblebee and became a Modern new shape beetle decades before they existed.

I was refering to how 1970's Bumblebee is beaten up then he becomes shiny and like new (and gains a new body in the process).

In the 60's Herbie he's a slightly worse for wear car that is made into a race car and gains the race decoration etc.. he if you likes has a 'Transformation scene' all be one that takes hours rather than moments when Bumblebee scans himself a new body template that is how I mean in he becomes a speedster - was not suggesting he literally changes to a different car just pointing out that both characters change their appearance and how they are seen by others in both movies by virtue of an update that happens to them during their respective movies and it's just another way the two characters are similar along with the way they communicate, drive themselves etc...
    Further more in Herbie goes bananas he starts off in an even worse state that is even closer to how knackered Bumblebee looks in 2007 in his 1970's form- probably much worse than him really and again one assumes he is fixed up again later on and does not stay like that rusting hulk forever so I also had that in mind too.

While I think of it ; "Is Herbie with L.L. a remake or a sequel incidently" - i've not seen it ?

Oh and speaking of Herbie design changes either i'm crazy or in some movies he's cream and in others white.

11. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I couldn't care less for that black Huffer but a transforming Herbie? Sold! :lol 

12. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    When will this be available for purchase?

13. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    That face gives me the willies:sly2: 

14. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Huh, a herbee... I want him and not-cosmos...

Herbie has been different models of VW Bug in the movies.

I liked the 97 tv movie reboot, and Horace too.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    My buddy owns the original screen used Horace. I have pics but can't post them due to signing NDAs on the shoot it was at til after it's aired. Here's the link to his Star Car page though: starcarcentral.com/herbie.php5

(bottom)

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Neat! I forgot horace was a soft top...

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I am very tempted to get Herbie.

18. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm starting to get fed up of igear, it's a new project every week pushing back the old ones or stopping them all together. Losing a lot of hope for this PP line, so far it's PP01(Prime KO) x3 PP03(Seeker KO) x11 and PP05's that havent been released yet. Was hoping for more from them but they seem to be easily distracted by quick repaint money (who wouldnt be tho, as annoying as it is) and other side projects such as heads, weapons and now legends figures that don't properly fit with classics or the PP line. Cause of this i have little faith their dinobots will get past grimlock if they follow through with them. Ah well, other dinobots are coming so it's all good, just wish igear would wake up and release more great designs like the PP05's and Mini Warriors (even tho i dont want legends figures)

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Igear Herbie looks cute

20. Clutch

Clutch Member

He's pretty much 100% right. The differences in look between the first four movies are negligible, and the 97 movie is the only one that's really off (really noticeable since they flashback to the old model). Fully Loaded uses a different font for the 53, doesn't continue the roof stripe, and there are cosmetic changes to Herbie to accentuate the goofy CGI/animatronic expressions in that movie, but it's more consistent than the previous film.

iGear's not the worst interpretation of the character. It's still a fun reference to a non-Transformers franchise..but it could look better for igear's price point, especially as, aside from the sunroof, it wouldn't amount to much more paint/stickers.

I'm still waiting to see their larger Bumblebee personally (especially because I really want to know how the folded up back in the teaser image worked).

It's a sequel, though consistency with the other movies is lacking.