IGEAR has PP03 Jets up for preorder on their site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jigga, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just in case no one has seen it yet. IGear ash the Conehead jets up for pre-order

PP03J/E/A (Preorder)

Regular Price is $352 but I got it for member price at $322 and comes to $108 shipping since they will ship each one our individually.

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, tooooo much

edit: oh the price is for all 3, not bad actually.

3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    No doubt. They look nice though.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For all three, that doesn't seem unreasonable given the pricing for their other offerings.

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Ahk. Too much iGear stuff coming out at once! (never thought I'd say that)

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder, since they're not direct note-for-note KO's like the MP Prime, if stores like BBTS, etc will carry them?

7. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    BBTS didn't even carry the Mini-MP Prime as it was basically a KO, Just like these.

8. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If Tak/Tom/Has make these, at least the stands will have the proper name plates. That and the fact that I just bought Botcon 1998 Double-Punch is keeping me from adding these to my collection. But if Reprolabels can come up with labels sets for their actual names, then they are worth ordering.

9. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

I was about to order the three together in a set but the $108 shipping is KILLER. It'd be much cheaper to be able to select the parcel air mail option (I had 4 deluxe henkeis shipped for $18).

$430/3=$143.33 per conehead shipped.

The base price of $322 I can deal with...it's the separate "express shipping" that's killer.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

The shipping is a little high. It was $18 for the PP01 series, now it's $36 per figure. Not sure why shipping doubled; maybe they're going to pack the items a little better this time around.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

My only concern is the QC. That, and the cost of getting them shipped to the UK. The actual price of the figures themselves is very not bad.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Damn! I thought this was going to be a kit for you to make your own? But these are actually pre-built ready to play Masterpieces? Sweet! And three at once is nice, but I hate pre-orders and I hope I can get the set when I can afford it.
    Anybody wanna help me out here? I'd love to add these three to my seeker collection!

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

"However..."

These have enough differences on them, and there are no "official" existing MP Dirge, Thrust or Ramjet figures, so that makes me wonder if they will take a chance on ordering them. To the best of my recollection, when it comes to copyright laws, Item B only has to be 20% different than Item A in order to avoid copyright infringement, and I can find 20% differences there.

14. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

I noticed that the shipping weight they had for PP01 was $18 for a 1kg shipping weight.

Each conehead is apparently 2kg in shipping weight, so $36. $36*3=$108. They really should ship all three together to save the customer on shipping.

Depending on where you get your MP Rodimus Prime from, that $108 shipping covers as high as 70% of the cost of MP Rodimus

15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wouldn't shipping them all in one box be... I dunno... a LOT cheaper than $108? Personally, if this was something I'd want (which it's not), I'd be more than willing to wait to save on shipping.

16. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    are they shipping each separately cuz they are each coming out at different times or cuz they can't find boxes big enough (latter option tongue and cheek). If we wait til all 3 are released then maybe they will ship all 3 together. Although You will have to pay $30 more for the regular price vs preorder price so in the end you only save maybe $30.

17. Marvin16z

Marvin16z vin16z

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good, but price?..... no thank you, my 3 masterpiece seekers will do..

18. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Let's see. It's a stolen mold. One that was Takara designed. Based on character designs that Tak/Hasbro own. Not only is it a Knock-off of their designs/concepts, but it's an incredibly lazy and uninspiring one, and to expect people for fork over $430+ for a set of Knockoffs is pretty ballsy on iGear's part.

And "Differences" are a matter of opinion. Size/color aren't as valid an argument in this case, as since the design is taken from the near exact same basic structures as the actual toy, a simple change of head and wings are a cop-out. Especially considering that Has/Tak have used the same goddamn design philosophy when it comes to seekers overall for the last 26 years. Hell, there's a Thrust and Dirge on the market right now that are taken from a different seeker mold by using that same philosophy. Take the wool off your eyes for a goddamn minute and use common sense. These are not only Knockoffs from a stolen mold, but they are also stolen ideas.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    bad call to lump the price together, it could cost them some sales. especially in this economy. The fact they don't ship together in one package doesn't help its cause in my mind. ]

I won't be buying them so it matters little to me.

I seriously doubt TF source or BBTS will touch them and the lack of preorders from them on their sites seems to bear this out.

a KO is a KO no matter jow shiny and awesome it is.

20. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Want but no way am I preordering the set of three. Gonna either order one at a time or wait till all three can be shipped together. $108 for shipping is just ridiculous.