iGear Bushwacker (Outback), Cogz (Gears), Duneraker (Beachcomber) & Veer (Swerve)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Genetic, Nov 12, 2012.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:

I read somewhere that their budget allows for 3 change from the hench mold.
    1. New head
    2. New paint job
    3. New gun
    They should of kept the same gun as hench and given outback the new chest,

HELL YEAH
    high five tigerblade,

Im thinking that the mp collectors are happy with this upsized scale as we can display the miniwarriors with the mp's
    Some of the classics collectors either don't mind the size as they fit in with bee and cliff or there using legends for the minis and prefer the original smaller scale,
    Guess its hard to please everyone,
    I personally don't care if they have simple legend/scout size transformations for their almost deluxe size because they rock.

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Hasbro you suck

3. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    Oh, they should have also made the legs three sided so that you can't see the hollowed out legs from any side but the back. It's like they focused all that design energy on everything above the knee and then said f*** it.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Beachcomber and Gears look awesome. I am worried abot Gears chunkiness in alt mode. And I hoping for Outback to get a remolded chest I'll be grabbing all three. I'd like to get some comparison shots of these bots alongside Generations Warpath, X-Transbots Powerglide & any CHUG Bumblebee.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

GEARS. MUST HAVE GEARS.

It's hard to tell if they actually changed his head between the model and the prototype. I do prefer the way the model looks in the CG image though, even if it's just a question of colour and angle.

Outback is a pass. I liked Hench well enough, but there's not enough appeal in Outback's character to really sell me on him at that price, especially as a repaint/remold of something I already have.

Beachcomber... I actually like him A LOT! I'm a bit worried that his legs might not be very stable, but otherwise I REALLY like the proportions of both modes. The problem is, he'll probably be sort of small, and Beachcomber is one character for which there are numerous official figures that can be easily customized... hmmm.

I loved these guys at the small scale, but they were kind of a novelty. At this LARGER scale, I still love them, and they fill key slots in my Classics-style collection... which is really the MAIN goal of my collection. As for pricing, inside reports indicate the price was going to be raised for the small versions anyway, so I'm happy to have a heftier figure for my money, rather than buying $25 Legends figures.

Are they a bit simple? Does it make them seem disproportionate somehow? I can't say no... the vehicle mode for Hench (more than the robot) does feel almost too blocky and "chibi/penny-racer" for the size... but I can live with that. Personally, I think the Hench mold would *feel* better even if he just had bigger, fatter tires. On the other hand, in the case of Cogz/Gears, I actually LOVELOVELOVE how big and chunky he looks in truck mode, and how ridiculously cartoony he will feel at that size... so I think it just depends on the overall design for each figure. Some of them wear it better than others.

( Oddly enough, the figures who have a higher level of detail and "realistic" aesthetic in their alt modes, are the smaller guys like Beachcomber and Cosmos/UFO. )

Or, y'know... just blame those of us who want to have a nicely balanced G1-Classic-style character line-up?

Wow, totally crazy and unreasonable, I know. The only POSSIBLE explanation is that we're all compensating for sexual deficiencies, because that's the really the classy, mature, non-douchebag thing to say, right? :rolleyes2 

I KNOW, RIGHT?? A removable flower that goes in his gun-barrel! How **BRILLIANT** is that? :D  :lol 

zmog

6. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Awesome!!!!! Give me a Gea...er a Cogz! and please remake Huff....er a Rager at the larger size. Thank you!!!!

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. The one figure I was looking forward to looks to be a let down. I will not pay $40 for that Beachcomber. If he's in the same price range as Spray and Rager then I'll get him.

8. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Id settle for a ko upsized huffer at the mo,
    Seeing as igear ain't said yes or no to upsizing huffer and seasprey,
    I don't have much knowledge on this but if the design already exists, wouldn't upsizing them be really easy?

9. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Since, for some reason this image was left out.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Lemme know when Veer(Swerve) gets released and when Huffer gets remolded into Pipes!

11. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could justify another purchase if they did that! Simply remolding him in orange and calling it an exclusive is not enough incentive. Increasing his scale would make such a thing much more appealing.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    easy? relatively speaking yes. but itll cost them to get new molds made.

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Yes, because Hasbro should feel bad that all laws, standards, practices and realistic business guidelines they must adhere to were set aside by a small Chinese company to release new versions of virtually unknown characters 3+ years AFTER Hasbro went and released new versions of most of those virtually unknown characters...:rolleyes2 

14. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    downsize gears and make a windcharger in that smaller scale.

that is all :) 

15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

they do need to do something about beachcombers feet. dont release it like that guys. i love the overall look of all three. looks like gears will be a tiny bit bigger than brawn?

16. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gears looks awesome! :)  I'm very excited!
    Outback's pretty cool too, but I'm not a huge fan of that Beachcomber.
    I actually prefer the Universe 2.0 legends version I already have.

17. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

I noticed and wondered about this as well...too awesome

18. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

The lack of more articulation is why I think these are supposed to be smaller.

19. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, my condolences to Beachcomber. What happened, man? Land mine?

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    All I care about! hoping for a happier head though.

There ya go (seem to recall the other picture being very poor)

[​IMG]