iGear Bee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jul 14, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Bot my (yellow) Bee from BBTS today. Neat little toy, totally feels like a legit HasTak product, molding is excellent, paint apps are clean, transformation is smooth, really, nothing bad to say about it other than the arms maybe being attached a bit too low and far back relative to his head and where his shoulders should be. Also, because the arms are long, the backpack tends to get slightly in the way when you raise them up, but nothing we haven't seen on other Legends. He just needs a faction symbol on the roof and he'll be perfect. A must for the Bumblebee collector, the car mode is awesome. An old Beetle, at last!

Volkswagen Beetle mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Neat. He's about the only Bee toy I'm interested in, simply for the sake of G1 accuracy. How is he scaled against say, PP01 Faith Leader or some of the Classics figures?

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    It looks like the Universe legends toys ,but it's a lot more G1. Thanks for the pic.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Pictures added!

5. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 2 of these, this guy is so boss. My wife (VW nut) finally has a new bumblebee she can get behind.

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That looks good. I could totally see myself getting this. Wonder if they have others like CJ, Glyph, Goldbug, etc. in the works?

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    There's a Cliffjumper (red) and a Glyph (blue), but both are using Bee's head.

8. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

I actually like this... looking much better than the painted prototypes..
    damn you igear... yet another 3rd party product on the to get list

9. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

in fact... ordered now :) 

10. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Had this in POL for a while, got it about a month ago. I can't believe that quality on this guy, like the OP said, it looks and feels like a Has/Tak product. Nice tight joints, the shoulder joint is a nice improvement on the mold. I really love this fig, if you are on the fence BUY IT while you can, well worth the price. Igear has really upped their game and QC lately, I'm impressed. Another 3rd party winner!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's actually pretty damn nice! I love Legends scale figures, and seeing the actual product pics like this...I'll probably get one afterall.

12. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I'll take 5.

13. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

Mine just came today. He's great. The shoulders are slightly low, but if you tilt the arms right, he looks fine. I have the real legends Bee that people were saying had been reshelled to make this one and that's sort of the case. While the transformation is the same, most of the parts are different (of course). The legs are the same, as are the shoulder joints, but everything else has been retooled. The arms and waist lok the same, without close inspection, but you will find both have slight changes too. He's a great figure, was he worth $15? YES. He's worth it if you want a G1 accurate Legends class Bee.

14. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

how does he look next to Legends Bee

15. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

EDIT* Here's a link to a youtube review that shows the comparison.Bee01 review

I don't have my camera charged at the moment, so a pic will have to wait, unless someone else can post one first. They are the same height, the main difference is that Bee01's shoulders sit lower than the Hasbro one, by about an 8th of an inch maybe. It's not big deal, unless you really stare at it. LOL Bee01 has a much more detailed head and the only things lacking paint apps (that I feel should have been painted is the false window on his chest-just like the one on the Hasbro version, which is also unpainted. The taillights and the forearms). In car mode he's just a tiny bit taller at the peak of the beetle roof and his VW bumpers make him a tad bit longer, with a wee bit longer wheelbase. His wheels are REALLY detailed, proper VW style rims, tread pattern on the sides of the tires sugest it might have been meant to resemble old polyester tires, which would probably have been correct for the years in which most Beetles were produced. He does lack side mirrors, but not a big deal there. On the underside, he has a VERY detailed transaxle and some motor details along with the muffler and exhaust pipes. In the front on the underside he has some simplified suspension detail, that looks rather nice also. There is even vent detail underneath the rear window. He's a really good representation of an old style VW Beetle.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I got rid of mine. I didn't like the shade of yellow that igear used for this figure. Its hard to describe but its definitely not the traditional G1 yellow coloring of Bumblebee.

17. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

I can agree about the yellow being odd, but I'm not really bothered by it, but I had noticed it shortly before I read your post.

18. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

love mine, much better than hasbro's offering on the legends size

19. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've made my decision to get him, and Cliffjumper. Until now, the only pics I had seen made the paint look a bit tacky. Now I can have both the Hasbro classics, and the VW BB.

20. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got one on eBay now in case anyone is interested, thank you.