iGear "Arcee" MGT-01 delicate warrior

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Hyperoptic, Oct 27, 2010.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^Nice pics! She looks so good with my Ssn 3 figures. Expensive yes, but worth it.

2. Spawn77

Spawn77 U.S. Marine

Here she is next to MP Optimus, Sideswipe, and IGear Ironhide (sorry about the glare). I think she scales pretty well with them.

[​IMG]

3. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome !

4. Paarthurnax

Paarthurnax Banned

The long triangle decals obviously go on her hood. But I can't find 1 single pic with them applied. I'd like to see what they look like but I don't want to put them on mine.

5. Volney

Volney Autobot

[​IMG]

6. Vanessa

Vanessa Sadly more of a lurker these days =(

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked this figure up and I wanted to say what a great little figure she is. I've only recently got back into collecting the occasional TF figure, and it's this Arcee which got me back into it.
    My figure is the version 2, with just the one sticker sheet and the silver waist paint detail. I've put some of the stickers on, but I can't figure out where they all go. Some Reprolabels insignias add the finishing touch.
    I'll try to post some photos if anyone's interested?

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasn't aware there was a version 2. Where did you get yours and how can you tell if it's v1 or v2 from the outside of the box?

8. Vanessa

The plastic tray my figure sits in, in the box, is clear. I think the earlier trays were white plastic.
    I think you can see this through the box window without having to open it.
    I got mine off eBay, from a seller called luck_day2005
    I rated the transaction as good in the "list of good eBay sellers" thread.

9. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Sorry about bumping this thread but I recently bought MGT Delicate Warrior after saving for her. She's a really nice figure but there was something I wanted to know: where do those stickers go? I know that some of you would rather leave her as is as she looks far more accurate that way but I wanted to make full use of all the goodies I overpaid for.

Now I can read some Chinese but I needed to research a little to get a better idea what the Chinese writings read next to the stickers. I'm not sure if I am wrong or right but it's worth a shot.

[​IMG]

车灯两侧 - "Light on both sides" which roughly means a car's headlights.

腹部 - "Abdomen" which I'm sure was fairly straight forward. Kinda reminiscent of Head Masters stat guage... oh wait she was a headmaster in the cartoons!

小腿 - "Calf" which I mistook for "Shins" at first.

引擎盖两侧 - "Both sides of the hood" which basically means what it reads.

Pretty much this is iGear's version of instructions leaving placement of the stickers somewhat ambiguous. Nevertheless, I decided to try it their way.

[​IMG]

So here's the headlights... I GUESS it works. The left headlight got ruined during the transfer. That's why it looks so mangled.

[​IMG]

This one is straight forward. Most people probably figured this out just by looking.

[​IMG]

I had placed them on the shins originally until I realized I had my translations wrong. I took a creative decision placing them right at the top of her calves.

[​IMG]

The hood made me laugh. Two pieces is enough once you get them in the angled regions of her hood. The two other pieces left me wondering whether they were extra pieces or legitimately were intended to be placed on the hood making four pieces.

I did some research on the stickers' history and learned that they were once shipped with two older sheets that had the same number of stickers with an additional MGT blue logo sticker which didn't come with mine. So it was obvious they were intended to be placed there.

I decided to place them there but I think I may remove those outer stickers eventually. There you go! The mystery was probably solved but we'll never be too sure even if it's read.

10. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Looks so awesome. I almost bought her before .. But now it seems just a tad bit too late - as in I HOPE someday soon, a 3P company will rise and make a MP-quality like version of her (or even TakTomy .. One can dream right?)

I suppose it's a "good thing" they slightly changed the shape of her torso compared to the cartoon version (depending on your "tastes" and depiction of a human female form) - but this leaves us with planting a super small autobot symbol since it doesn't go below her (robot)"-breasts."

I would maybe be more inclined if there was a repolabels set to go with her, as I do not like the stickers she comes with at all.

11. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Yes, please post pics, I am considering getting this figure as well, where did you get yours?

Thanks

12. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

I picked mine up on ebay, over a year ago. The iGear version is definitely worth it. It has better articulation and the head sculpt is much better, and has a bit of an Asian look to it. Love the eyes and the red painted lips! My only gripe, is that the wheels are a bit small and don't roll that well. Otherwise, it's a top-notch figure. I'll be getting the Generations Arcee from Hasbro's wave 5, just hope it can outshine the iGear version in terms of aesthetic form and color scheme.

13. Vanessa

Hey, big thanks for doing this! You went further than I could. I applied the abdomen and hood stickers (although only two hood stickers, the inner ones on your photo).
    I can now apply the lights and calf stickers too, Thanks!
    This great little figure doesn't get enough attention, so I'm pleased to see others as interested as I am.

The only thing I've done differently to you is that I applied a smaller Autobot logo, on the upper part of her breastplate, (as in the 'toon version) rather than in the square recess further down on the hood. Also the logo I used was a Reprolabel white outline on clear backing version.

Honestly either look good to me.

I agree about having to use a very small Autobot logo, to make sure it goes in the 'toon accurate place. My only gripe on an otherwise great figure.
    At least you can look forward to Hasbro's upcoming version, and/or the MMC "Azalea" version. Personally, I'm getting them all.
    The stickers she comes with are an acquired taste I agree, and a Reprolabels set would be nice, but maybe the figure is too niche for Reprolabels to bother with?
    As very few people applied the included stickers, I wanted to try just to be a little different.

My pics are now irrelevant as 8bitboy's photos are better and more informative than mine could ever be.
    As in my prevous posts, I picked mine up from an eBay seller called luck_day2005, and had no problems at all with the transaction. As of the date of this post, the same seller still has one left on eBay if you're interested.

I agree, I love this figure. Can't wait to compare it to Hasbro's version, and MMC's version.

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Recently picked up this figure. Some thoughts:

Delicate Warrior is perhaps the most G1, but does tend to suffer from delicate joints (the neck area is of concern to me and how it and the torso/waist assembly don't tab in very securely), ho-hum plastic (not that it's terrible like shampoo bottle plastic but it's bit more fragile-feeling than I'd like), and the odd proportions here and there (the arms and legs being somewhat puffy like Dreamwave Pat Lee style). Her hands not being able to hold 5mm pegs bugs me too, and how the holes don't go all the way though her fists so she can't hold swords or long-handled weapons even if they did fit. Still, the diecast metal parts are a nice touch. Delicate Warrior looks good and displays well with older G1 style stuff like FP Warbot Defender, Protector, and City Commander.

I still plan to pick up Generations Arcee as my general Classics Arcee and will probably give her TFP Dark Energon Wheeljack's swords (as the blades are painted metallic orange similar to IDW Arcee's energon plasma swords). MMC Azalea I may still pick up depending on reviews for a straight up IDW Arcee.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it someone here on the boards that painted this figure up? I want to see those photos again because I'm considering painting mine up.

16. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
  17. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i want to get one of these for my G1 collection. are there any KOs or things to watch out for when purchasing?

18. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Bought her from eBay recently - waiting for her to be delivered. So I am getting her after all - can't wait! I made this decision after canceling MMC's version ...

But after seeing the medical chair MMC is making, and the new IDW inspired stuff FansProject/MakeToys is making ... I may pre-order the MMC version again afterall and have a IDW shelf on its own.

By the way, that painted Arcee that Trail was asking about.... Man that Black panel lining looks bad. So the guy was right in his post when he said he didn't like it ... Looks pretty bad. I would have used a much lighter/more grey panel lining than what looks straight-up black.

So I would advise against doing what he did! Haha

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I repainted mine too, I think this is more along the lines you were thinking of
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, it was this one, I can't believe how much better it looks with a painted face.