IG-TF007 iGear Computer Control Center

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Necare, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So who got this already? If the darn thing was stable I would say definitely get it, however because of the instability issues it is a definite NO.

The floor boards are pretty warped, right now I have them connected and sitting under loads of books to form the plastic into as good a shape as possible.

they aren't warped that badly but when placed together with warped walls the setup doesn't hold together in the slightest. In fact it's impossible to put together the entire set. The computer consoles and features are great, and the orange is a dull speckled color which is really nice rather than the bright orange.

Though the tabs are just too shallow to fit together.

Does anyone have any ideas for making it more stable? Any issues with your Computer console? This is the first custom item I have bought that I was even remotely unhappy with.

Right now I am imbedding rare earth magnets and shaving the tabs to get a more stable set and maintain the customizable features.

Thoughts?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Have you tried putting them in hot water? It usually gets them back into the right shape.

I'm not getting the set cuz it's too damn expensive.

3. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the review. Just wanted to know if others had gotten the set already and if they customized it at all. thanks.

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I used packing tape to get the walls connected 2 at a time. I basically taped the sides of each square together with a straight piece. When I got two stacked two high next to each other, I taped them to the base. Then I tape them together side by side. I went down the line doing that. Then I got the sides on the same way. Once I was done it was rock solid (I left the floor panels alone. I taped it to the wooden shelf I have it sitting on. It was frustrating as hell at first, and I cursed several times. You have to clean the pieces too because it has a greasy film on it that won't let the tape stick. I found out the hard way that was going to happen because NOT ONE SINGLE STICKER STAYS ATTACHED. So I have to make a whole new sticker set now.

6. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I am going to attach magnets to it and smooth some of the tabs off...that way they will connect and reconnect fine.

Ridiculous though for the price paid, though once the setup is done it does look real nice and for shots you can over load one side and have them all standing in a corner of the base and there is lots of room.