If you're the screenwriters, how would you delete TLK from being canon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Feb 10, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    The thing is... No matter how much BS the writers or anyone else throw into these movies... Some people like me somehow still find ways to connect things cohesively..... And it surprises me. Don't ask me how that happens....

Like when it was revealed that Unicron was Earth, I was like "Hold on... Let me go back to previous films." rather than "Oh that is lazy...." Granted it's lazy in a sense that they don't explain what it all meant and people like me have to go fix this.

I watched ROTF and started thinking how this affects The Fallen's plan. How he wanted to destroy Earth by draining the sun. This makes me think, "He probably broke his rule because of that".

I watched DOTM and started thinking how this affects Sentinel's plan. It always bothered me in that movie that they said that they planned to use Earth's resources to bring back Cybertron. But didn't you need the Allspark? Are you telling that stuff like diamonds or other minerals can bring back Cybertron? What?

Then I thought back to Megatron's overarching plan. If the Allspark was destroyed, was Unicron's spark the thing Megatron wanted to use next? I mean in ROTF forest fight, I started to look at the line, "There is another source of energon hidden on this planet...." differently.

It's so weird....

• Like Like x 1
  2. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

That...is amazing

3. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Metallicon

stop after the 3rd film?

• Like Like x 2
  4. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Metallicon

That sounds interesting. I'd like to see that for TF6 would clear up a lot of confusion

5. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think this is the first time I've seen someone say that about TLK here. My mom liked it though lol. :D 

I wouldn't get rid of it per se. Erasing something completely because some people didn't like it is ******ed. Had they done that ROTF would've been done away with years ago. Does it have a lot of problems? Oh yeah. Should they have kept continuity with AOE? Absolutely. But they've spent so much time setting up this plotline of Unicron that I'm kind of curious to see where it leads in a finale. Should they end it here? Absolutely. I'm not a big fan of endless movies being made in a series (It bothers the shit out of me in Marvel and especially Star Wars. I'd say my exception is James Bond mostly because that's the whole thing with James Bond. Each movie is it's own little adventure.) so I'd be glad if they actually finished Transformers (much like Disney did Pirates).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take it offline and off the air.