If you're the screenwriters, how would you delete TLK from being canon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Feb 10, 2018.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Due to many continuity errors and most people don't like TLK either, any ideas on how to make it non-canon to implement in the plot of the next sequel?

2. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Simple, i would reboot and make new movies.

• Like Like x 5
  3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Anything can be erased with time travel.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Just reboot it out of nowhere?

5. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebr

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Short of rebooting, I'd just make a clean break in formula and not bother referencing it much, if at all, in future movies.

About the only thing I'd acknowledge is that Unicron is Earth, and even then it'd be in a way likely to turn off even the Bay diehards (here's a hint: go watch your evening news, or, if you've got a copy, check out the last book of the Bible).

• Like Like x 1
  7. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Just say it was a vision of the future that somebody had.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Attempting to selectively remove things from canon is a really tricky thing. Even the Fox X-Men movies couldn't easily fix it all by saying time travel fixes all things. However you attempt to slice up the canon it just seems to make one group angry by attempting to make another group happy. When you are a studio as timid about change as Paramount is the chances of surgically removing parts of the canon and making everyone happy is somewhere around zero percent.

It would be better to say Transformers had a nice run but it's time to reboot just like Batman reboots.

• Like Like x 3
  9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would not retcon it if i were a writer. but if i had to, then i'll pull a Days of Future Past somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    poochie-imustgo.gif

• Like Like x 3
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I must say I have no idea how one can write themselves out of the corner that is TLK.

Mind you, they might simply ignore what was in TLK for the next movie... Just like they did with AoE. Logic has left the building anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  12. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

What ?

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Movies series have at time ignored entries;
    That awful Superman Returns took place after Superman 2, thus ignoring the equally awful sequels.

Terminator Genesys seems to run loose with picking and choosing moments of Terminator canon.

14. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I don't believe in erasing official films from canon. I didn't like it when Days of Future Past kind of did it.

The Last Knight is a perfect example of why filmmakers shouldn't ignore canon. One of my top criticisms of The Last Knight is that it seems to ignore a lot about its predecessor. No Galvatron. Not even an explanation. No exploration of the Creators or Transformer origins. Earth and Cybertron are back to being the center of the universe after Lockdown mocked human ego and complained how the factions were destroying the universal balance. The Knights have been on a ship this whole time on Earth underwater, but Lockdown said he had captured all of them? There wasn't even an indication they had been captured and recently escaped from the Creators...that would have been fine!

Instead, simply have Quintessa be the "Great Deceiver" and not actually a Creator; perhaps she can be aligned with them in some way though. Have Earth merely be one vessel of Unicron and Cybertron one vessel of Primus, that way Earth and Cybertron are merely two planets in the battle between order and chaos. Have the Creators led by Quintessa represent the balance between the two. Have Unicron turn Megatron into a new form of Galvatron. Give Galvatron an updated version of the KSI transformation. Unicron is Earth, Unicron represents chaos, and Galvatron is the earthly form of Megatron, hence Galvatron's transformation represents chaos. Get shrekt.

If Unicron is established to exist, they might as well run with it and make a finale.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Seriously, X-files recently did it and everything went normal, I like the new season.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No, I don't like this scenario, because it makes even more mess and still ignore TF4 mysteries and vibe. It would be really better to return back, or finish the Movies, where they are now.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Summary montage of the films up to now, then a sharp cut to a closeup of Optimus' face, where his eyes open and he screams. The camera pans out, and he's lying, covered in a woodland-themed quilt, in a beautiful four-post bed. He reaches over and turns on the light on his nightstand, still breathing heavily. Offscreen, a voice says "Honey?" and he rolls over the other way, looking into the face of famed actress Emily Blunt. "Its okay, Optimus," she whispers, "it was just a dream. Now get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow..."

Cut to Title

TRANSFORMERS: DINNER PARTY OF DOOM

• Like Like x 5
  18. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

I wouldn't, it was great.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    But I like AOE more!:D 

20. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    The continuity errors could actually be fixed fairly easily. How I would fix them:
    - Establish Quintessa is NOT the transformer's creator- she is a Quintesson impersonating the transformer's actual creators, the aliens we saw at the beginning of AOE.
    - We know why Quintessa hired Lockdown to locate the knights- to get her staff back. I would explain that Lockdown mistook the Dinobots ( a group of feral transformers created by the Creator's cyberforming) for the actual knights (since they look a lot alike)
    - Lockdown's ship was the first ship used by the knights before it was commandeered, and have a backstory in there about how Optimus became a knight.
    -Throw in some lines referencing Megatron and Barricade's new bodies. For example.
    Megatron: "I hated that stupid human- built Galavatron body, that's why I went back to this."
    Barricade: "Lucky you! At least they put you in a transformium body. I had to have my whole head rebuilt after they blew up that bomb!"
    -Explain that all of the seemingly unrelated Transformer arrivals (the allspark, the sun harvester, the Ark, the cyberforming, the knights of Iacon) were all orchestrated by Unicron as part of one big evil scheme (to be revealed toward the end of the movie), and I would give a clear backstory for the Transformer's origin.

But if I absolutely had to write TLK out of continuity, I would start with the Bumblebee movie (given it is better received than TLK) and make a series of sequels to it first, set in the 80's and 90's. Years later, when the general audience warms up to the transformers movies, revisit the Michael Bay era and do one of the following:
    a) Have a dimension- hopping movie, establishing the first five movies take place in a different universe.
    b) Have a time travel movie, the explaining the continuity errors as a result of an altered timeline.

That way you can have the old cast team up with the new one. Or you could just ignore the first five completely and retroactively declare it a reboot.

Personally, I think it would be cool to bring back the cast of the first movie (Sam, Mikela, etc.) and the original writing team (Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman) and have the writers write what they could have done for a third movie had they not left the franchise,with the story taking place ten years after ROTF. That way you could decide later on if the past three movies happened or not. That's just me though, I don't think that would be a good idea for the franchise right now.

• Like Like x 3