If you'd been there at the time..on which side would you have fought

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Mar 20, 2012.

?

On which side would you have fought?

1. Autobot

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Decepticon

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. No alliegance

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I got the idea for this thread and poll after reading idw's mtmte #3 and the title of this thread is taken from a line of the comic. Say for example you was on a fictitious planet were less than 5% of society owned and had control over 90% of all the wealth and power which that allows them to have over the rest of society. this 5% assert there power in ways that only benefit themselves and the rest of this society is left to starve if hungry or left unrepairred if damaged. Say in this world moving up through the classes was unachievable through traditional and legal methods like working due to a case or race system which limited many and large scale peacful protests were ignored. If a megatron alike person was around grooming people as soldiers for a violent revolution on which side would you have fought?

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i am with autobots

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Decepticons to begin with but eventually side with the autobots due to the deterioration from Resistance movement to a tyrannical warforce

edit: crap i thought you were talking megs origin. In the case of MTMTE i would be a NAIL

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Decepticons. Assuming the Autobots origin is just like in Exodus, I would definitely have sided with Megatron. Orion Pax was just some guy in a higher up cast who started earning Megatrons favor until Megatron demanded change so the Council oppressors named him Prime instead. Orion would have seemed like an upper class sell out. By time I''d have figured out I was on the wrong side, I would have been too scared to defect. The Bots were losing/did lose.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

maybe I should have put drift as a potential answer? If it won the poll would that mean that mean fandom has stopped hating him?

6. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Um...that wouldn't have to be a fictitous planet, technically Earth is like that right now. The first world makes up only a tiny percentage of the human population, but has almost all of the power and money.

But anyway, though I prefer the Autobots as a viewer, if I were in this world I probably would have joined the Decepticons. This universe is set up so that the cons had a noble goal in the beginning; though they eventually became cruel tyrants, the original rebellion was justified. Unless I lucked out and happened to be born as one of the ruling elite, I would probably join the rebellion because it would mean a better life.

Yeah, that would probably be the most logical path. I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more Decepticon defectors, but like Soundwaverulls said, a lot of them are probably too scared to change sides. Drift is lucky that Megatron didn't send out thugs to bring him back for torture and execution, as an example of what happens to traitors.

Now that I think about it, this is one thing that the cartoon did right. Galvatron swore vengeance on Blitzwing after he sided with the Autobots in FFOD (too bad Blitzy vanished after that), and IIRC he did send assassins after Octane.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    We stand for active ideological struggle because it is the weapon for ensuring unity within the Party and the revolutionary organizations in the interest of our fight. Every Decepticon and revolutionary should take up this weapon.

But Autobots reject ideological struggle and stand for unprincipled peace, thus giving rise to a decadent, Philistine attitude and bringing about political degeneration in certain units and individuals in the Party and the revolutionary organizations.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have been sympathetic to the movement and after Megatron announced a violent rebellion oposed by Optimus's prefered peaceful revolution... I am a man of peace and will always seek that route.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Given the options, neither.

10. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

This is my option as well, provided that war did not twist me into a sadistic freak who revels in the removal of my enemy's faces.

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Autobot Wrecker! :lol 

12. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

No allegiance because I would want to be more like, well, either Animated Lockdown or a TFP Wheeljack (I know Wheeljack's still an Autobot, but he doesn't really work with the Autobots much; he kind of does whatever he wants to while still doing the right thing).

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Autobot without a doubt.

14. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No alliance. I'll be an ally, but not a permanent member of the Autobots.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... humans?

*hides*

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I am a very cautious and paranoid fellow, I'd at first just kick back and watch as the world consumes itself, and play both sides to my advantage, so also a mercenary.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Damnit My Mom was right, i can never make a descision....:lol 

Uh Shattered Glass Decepticons?