If you Would Direct a Transformers Movie would you keep all Info secret or Public

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 24, 2011.

?

secret or public?

1. I Would allow all Public!

13.9%
  2. i would keep all Secret!

30.6%
  3. well i woudl allow some bits to be public but the rest secret

55.6%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Im jsut wodnering if you Ever filemd your own tf Film, i was thinknig Would you gusy keep all Info Public liek you would allow set pics, videos, Info from teh comics, games etc or you would keep the movei secret liek you WOuld not allwo any pcitures, Videos, Plot of the movei to show up till a trailer comes?

For me i would like to keep the Movie secret. i would not allow set pics, Videos or anything to show up becuase i would like to Surprise the fans and general Public with a Trail without them Knowing Anything of what movie i was doing

what about you, would you Keep all Info in the film secret or Public or a mix of both?

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    i'd probably ask for suggestions from the fans and take some ideas from them, but still keeping some things secret

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There are no secrets in Hollywood. You can take all the precautions you want to keep info from leaking, then one security guard just casually says "That fire truck is Sentinel Prime" and you may as well have not done anything.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i knwo but well its a random question

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Out of my own philosophy, I'd go public with everything.

Besides, trying to keep things secret has proven to be pointless.

6. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Of course I would. It's fun to watch people speculate every little detail they saw on set with any official information. :lol 

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd officially reveal one bot and one con, but keep the rest under wraps.

8. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I would have a mix of the vehicles I'm using for Transformers, and some fake ones to confuse people on what is and isn't going to be in the film. I could see the amount of fanrage that would cause :ev: .

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would let the fans know which characters are in the film. But I'd try to keep their characteristics and the plot secret. I don't like going to a movie knowing everything. Unfortunately that was the case with ROTF.

10. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

I'd probably give a short synopsis of the first half hour of the movie and release renders of each major bot and con as they are rendered. Then'd I'd ask the fans if they like these designs and if there's any changes my design team and I could make to the robots. As for the synopsis I'd ask if they like it so far and if they do I'd tweak it a bit to keep them with some suspense and if they don't take suggestions as to what I could do to change it.

EDIT: Oh yea, I also agree with ROTF Devastator like I'd make fake renders and release them like a green and purple Optimus and release it to the public just to see the fan-rage :D 

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    honestly i would through out random facts that seemed real exactly what bay does.
    for myself personaly i like not knowing everything about a film before i see it. and i think most fans are the same way.

12. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd tackle it like Christopher Nolan did for the Dark Knight. I would release updates on the film's progress, allowing the cast and other workers to do so too, I'd post screen caps from the film the moment we shift into post production and set photos stop. I'd also do heavy viral Marketing, full of great spoilers for the film to keep the fans pleased, but most importantly, when a secret gets out, like the batpod in The Dark Knight, i would make use of the moment and simply use the premature timing to my advantage to promote the new feature. Michael Bay does almost the complete opposite when something like this happens, i think that's what adds to the many people who don't like him, if its not for the film it self its for not sharing with the fans who pay to see his movies.

13. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I'd probably have a little message forum on my official website (if I had a website) and occasionally drop bite-size chunks of info about things, like a character name or story element (for example, "There's an Autobot in this film. He's red........in G1"), I wouldn't reveal everything, but at the same time I wouldn't keep tons of secrets.

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

15. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd do it like how JJ Abrams does every one of his films. Not release anything officially, but do a bunch of viral marketing and secret releases and stuff, and let fans freak out over it.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't lie to the fans.

17. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

i would leak pics and snippets of interviews. i'd listen to the fans and what they want in their transformers movie and go off of that